Movie Media Player
Mozilla Default Plug-in
Picasa
QuickTime Plug-in
Shockwave Flash
Silverlight
Windows Live Photo Gallery
Windows Presentation Foundation

Often I have many windows and tabs open. I use Amazon a lot. On Amazon pages, I eventually run into a long lag, with a pop-up "Warning: Unresponsive Script". During this, none of my Fx windows are responsive, sometimes I can clear it temporarily, but the situation will continue until I shut down all of Fx and restart. This is a daily occurrence. It's definitely Amazon-related, but it is essentially crashing my Firefox because it takes a minute to clear the error and it may just come back on the next Amazon click.
--
YOU can help reduce poverty, sustainably.
»www.kiva.org/lender/kenandart

ZPurpleHippo

join:2009-05-28
Unresponsive script warnings are a problem of the website itself. FF is trying to run a javascript or other script and its taking a long time to load. The only think you can do it take note of which page of amazon it happens on and complain to them.

koam
Pink Pecker
Premium
join:2000-08-16
East Puddle
Reviews:
·OTT Communications
·Shoreham Telephone
I'll try but don't hope for much help from Amazon.

Thing is, that when I have a lot going on my computer ...many windows, many many tabs...it happens. With a fresh start of Fx or my computer, the problem does not just occur...it only happens when I've got a lotta stuff running in Fx.

DataDoc
My avatar looks like me, if I was 2D.
Premium
join:2000-05-14
Martinsburg, WV
I used to see this occasionally on weatherunderground, but not in recent memory. They made some changes and that may have fixed it.
--
"You see what you want to see, and you hear what you want to hear" - The Rockman

ironwalker
World Renowned
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-31
Keansburg, NJ

1 recommendation

reply to koam
Anything in error console?
When I have come across these I never let the script run as this hangs FF longer or permently, I usually cancel.

Bobby_Peru
Premium
join:2003-06-16

1 edit
reply to koam
Operating also with many tabs open (currently on the high side in the 70's), on older versions of Fx, on an older, slower machine (in W2KP), this would occur here as well, usually associated with rather large Queue pages at NetFlix, as well as elsewhere.

Iirc, there were prior versions of Ab and/or AbP, which, in some configurations (filters, settings) were, at least partially related to the problem. I am no longer certain, but I think it was early versions of Element type checking that exacerbated the problem.)

Apparently, NF page/script design was also a contributing factor.

Fortunately, since almost catching up with the trailing edge of yesterday's times (a new basic machine, running VISTA, Fx 3.0.12, new AV and SWF), I have very rarely had this occur.

If you haven't tried already, you might try disabling AbP, as a test, 1st just for the problem sites, and if that doesn't work, completely, for as long as your eye balls and brain can stand it...

[Edit: As the Hippo Of Another Color, and Ironwalker relate, check the Error Console.]

koam
Pink Pecker
Premium
East Puddle
Reviews:
·OTT Communications
·Shoreham Telephone
Thanks...
This script problem has decreased in frequency in the past couple of days. Dunno if I did a JS update that helped or not.

The computer is fairly robust, a Vostro 1700 with 4GB RAM and a fast dual core.
--
YOU can help reduce poverty, sustainably.
»www.kiva.org/lender/kenandart

B
Premium,MVM
join:2000-10-28
reply to koam
I've been getting a similar message a LOT in Seamonkey, almost always on a Gawker/Defamer/Lifehacker site. Seamonkey gracefully offers to "Stop" the script, I accept, and things are fine.

I'm guessing they've gone hog wild with ad scripting that ABP hasn't caught up with, but I haven't bothered researching it.

-- B
--
In a realm outside causality and function

Bobby_Peru
Premium
join:2003-06-16
reply to koam
You are welcome.

Some possible explanations: the site(s) made comforting changes, and/or an extension was somehow implicated - and it was upgraded/updated (AbP filter subscription auto update...?), and/or maybe, though I am not certain of this - your "browsing"/usage load has been sufficiently different.

In any case, glad to know that there is less diaper rash, at least in East Puddle, now....

I am very happy that I now very rarely see this error, especially when it used to occur on pages that had been set to timed auto-reloading, some of which were rather large, and would bog down Fx, and more...

koam
Pink Pecker
Premium
East Puddle
It's still going on...and I'd say even with not a heavy load of tabs...1 W 10 Tabs, which is low for me, yet it still happened....Definitely Amazon and probably related to the pages on which I list items, and check inventory, etc.