spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

miked860

@sbcglobal.net

AT&T Constantly losing DSL signal

Between 3 and 20 times a day my 2wire 2701HG-B loses the DSL signal and it interrupts anything I am doing. I've called AT&T a few different times and they don't understand what I am telling them and when they run tests they can't find a problem. I know there is a problem so they want to send someone out but I don't want to have someone here to tell me nothing is wrong because I can't make the thing do it.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so what can I do about it.

mrkevin
Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.
Premium
join:2007-08-07
Aurora, ME
Unplug everything from the phone line with the exception of the DSL modem. If it stops then it is one of those things you unplugged. (process of elimination to find out which one)

If it still does it.

Take the DSL modem (if possible) outside and plug it directly into your NID and see if it does it there. If so call them.
--
An army of sheep led by a lion, will always defeat an army of lions led by a sheep.
Expand your moderator at work

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:19

1 recommendation

reply to miked860

Re: AT&T Constantly losing DSL signal

What state are you in? We have AT&T Forums here that should be able to help. But to get your post moved into the right forum we need to know where you are located.

miked860

@sbcglobal.net
I live in Connecticut.

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:19
Thanks. Someone will be along shortly and get you moved to the right forum for help.

miked860

@sbcglobal.net
reply to miked860
I should mention that I think it is getting worse because it will lose signal then regain it then immediately lose it again.

MrFixitCT
pay it forward
Premium,VIP,ExMod 2001-06
join:2000-12-01
Charleston, SC
if ya want, IM me the tel# and I'll check it out..

miked860

@sbcglobal.net
Is there anything you can do without me giving out my number? Other people living with me are paranoid about the internet and aren't comfortable with me giving out the number for whatever reason.

MrFixitCT
pay it forward
Premium,VIP,ExMod 2001-06
join:2000-12-01
Charleston, SC
I can understand that however I cannot test without it.. I have nothing to do with, nor would have any interest in, usage..

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium
join:2001-07-23
West Hartford, CT
kudos:1
reply to miked860
FYI:

MrFixitCT works for AT&T. He worked for SBC, and for SNET before that. Virtually everyone in this forum will vouch for his honesty. With the right information, he works wonders on a regular basis.

naontherun

join:2009-08-30
reply to miked860
Hey just got DSL at my house and Im having the same problem

ALL DAY

My modem looses DSL signal

What can I do? I think that my modem is not getting enough signal but i could be wrong

PLZ help me

annoyed

@ameritech.net
reply to miked860
I am having the same problem. I too have called AT&T to no avail...it happens about every 5 mins or so. The window comes up that says that there was a broadlink error and that the system must reboot. Sometimes it needs my password to do so sometimes not. I have also taken the modem to the AT&T store and it supposedly checked out fine. I am so frustrated I'm thinking of getting rid of it altogether and get internet through my satellite or cable company.

abart

@Sun.COM
Same problem here. I am in the Bay Area. Everything was working fine for more than one year. For a few days now, my DSL connexion is reseting very often. Sometimes the connexion stays up less than 2 minutes, sometimes more than 30 minutes, while the connexion is up everything is working fine. I have a Motorola 2210 DSL modem, in bridge mode, connected to a Netgear FVS338.

cprgirl

join:2002-01-18
Plymouth, CT
reply to miked860
Been having the same problem since I got DSL years ago (originally from SNET, then SBC now AT&T)...they can never find anything wrong! I think it is unfixable...have had several techs out to the house,they can see theres a problem on the line where it comes into the house but they cant fix it . Have tried several different modems and unplugged everything and nothing works...AT&T internet just sucks!

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2
why are you trying different modems and troubleshooting stuff on your end when the techs that you have had out 'can see theres a problem on the line where it comes into the house'?
--
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and i'm all outta bubblegum.

cprgirl

join:2002-01-18
Plymouth, CT
Because their "fix" doesnt fix it, so I call tech support again adn they tell me to!

easyed

join:2009-05-16
As I mentioned in other thread, have someone with telephony background check out your POTS splitter.