Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

1 edit

ke4pym

Premium Member

said by DarkLogix:

Yay now I can look into upgrading my home cisco 1242AG to a 1252N Wireless AP
You could have done that 18 months ago. But wait a bit longer. There's an issue with the watchdog timer that they're not going to fix with stand-alone devices (lwapp is fixed) until October. Unless you call TAC and get the beta firmware.

Said issue makes the AP reboot every 12-18 hours. The beta firmware also seems to make streaming media to a PS/3 work MUCH MUCH better, too.

But when you do upgrade, look forward to ~100+Mbps wireless connections from it.

I pulled files from a Mac Pro with RAID5 to my Vaio laptop at those speeds over 802.11n/5GHz.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

1 edit

DarkLogix

Premium Member

cool good to know

I know I could have simpily bought the 1252N instead but I don't like using equ that is still in draft
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym

Premium Member

said by DarkLogix:

cool go to know

I know I could have simpily bought the 1252N instead but I don't like using equ that is still in draft
Eh, it was certified by the WiFi alliance when I bought it Feb of 2008. That's all that matters to me. You have that little logo and it doesn't work, you've got something to go on with the vendors.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I bought the 1242AG back around 2006 and at that time N was still very early and as its a home network I decided to wait