Click for full size
I tried that, it didn't work.

daveinpoway
Premium
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA
kudos:2
reply to Doctor Olds
Pardon my confusion, but it was originally stated that the SpeedStream 5100 modem worked fine. If it was able to function without various phone-line switching adapters, shouldn't the P645 work without these adapters, also?

One thing that definitely would have helped with the ZyXEL manual was for them to say:

A) If the DSL light is out, check these things.

B) If the DSL light constantly flashes, check these.

c) If the DSL lights steady Green, but there is no connectivity to the ISP, this is what you need to check.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18
reply to l1o2l
said by l1o2l:

I tried that, it didn't work.
OK, the Speedstream works fine on L1 (Line 1). Correct?

The ZyXEL doesn't work on L1 (Line 1) pins or on L2 (Line 2) pins in the Modem. The DSL LED stays dark, correct?

Based on those results, the ZyXEL is bad or defective or has broken solder joints inside.

Where did the ZyXEL come from? Does it have any warranty?
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

l1o2l

join:2009-08-01
San Francisco, CA
reply to l1o2l
Yes, the dsl light doesn't light up.
At the RJ-11 connection, I checked for broken solder joints
lines 1 lead to a coil 2 connections R+G
lines 2 lead to two small rectangle things 2 connections B+Y

Could it be the Firmware of the modem? Because I've FF.0, whereas the most up to date one is FF.4, well for my modem.
A friend gave me the modem, and I doubt that after 8 years there's still warranty.

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30
I think its dead. You can try updating Firmware, it sure can't make it not connect since it won't connect now.

l1o2l

San Francisco, CA
reply to l1o2l
Well, where would I find the firmware? I tried a Google search but no luck.

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30
Did you try the link at the top of the page? Otherwise I don't know.

l1o2l

San Francisco, CA

1 edit
reply to l1o2l
Yeah, I checked that. It seems like my modem is an older version that does not match the firmware they posted. D:

Thanks for you help.

Would the inability to establish a PPPoE connection have to do with the dsl unable to link up?

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30
said by l1o2l:

Yeah, I checked that. It seems like my modem is an older version that does not match the firmware they posted. D:

Thanks for you help.

Would the inability to establish a PPPoE connection have to do with the dsl unable to link up?
PPPoE is way after DSL Sync. No DSL Sync, no DHCP or PPPoE connection is possible. In other words, you must have the DSL Sync before any further steps can happen.

Try the ZyXEL Forum for Firmware assistance.

HTH
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

l1o2l

San Francisco, CA
Oh, I didn't realize that. Haha. I'll try contacting ZyXEL first, then I'll try the forum.