ptrowski to Time

Premium Member

to Time

Re: booo

GV installed
said by Time:
said by funchords:
said by gball:

Another reason why I won't use Verizons crippled phones.

It looks like I'm pretty much stuck with a wm or android phone on tmobile/att or sprint. Which is fine with me anyway since Verizon takes forever to release nice pda's anyway.
Yes, they sure do.

Ya know, the timing of this is terrible for Verizon (and for AT&T and the Google Voice kerfuffle). Android G2 is out in about a week or so! I do plan to get one and see if I like it to replace my Verizon Wireless i760 (and my $120/mo. wireless phone bill).
I'll probably pay my $175 AT&T ETF fee for my iPhone and grab a G2 when it's released to another carrier. The whole Google Voice fiasco was the last straw. I'm not particularly crazy about TMobile, so most likely when Sprint acquires it.
Jailbreak the iPhone and download the Google Voice app. Works like a charm for me.

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

2 recommendations

Karl Bode

News Guy

And dare risking the end of the planet??? Are you mad?!?

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

said by Karl Bode:

And dare risking the end of the planet??? Are you mad?!?
I know! I am surprised we did not hear "but think of the children"! Then they would have hit every excuse in the book.

Time
Premium Member
join:2003-07-05
Irvine, CA

Time to ptrowski

Premium Member

to ptrowski
I hear horror stories of what happens to your iPhone if you jailbreak, particularly with the issues that can arise. I'll probably give it a shot tonight if it allows me to use Google Voice. Where did you download the app at?

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

said by Time:

I hear horror stories of what happens to your iPhone if you jailbreak, particularly with the issues that can arise. I'll probably give it a shot tonight if it allows me to use Google Voice. Where did you download the app at?
Such as? I have jailbroken 5 of them, and the Touch. It can always be restored via iTunes.

I use redsn0w to jailbreak the iphone, it's very easy to do. Here is a well written guide.

»thebigboss.org/guides/jailbreak-···redsn0w/

During the process it will ask if you want to install Cydia, Icy, or both. I only use Cydia as it is a more stable application I feel.