uniqs

Gunga Din
Premium Member
join:2005-12-15
Bellmore, NY

Gunga Din

Premium Member

[Excel] File error some number formats may have been lost

We use a SCADA system at the water department that I work at. Two of us handle the operations of it. I usually only work on the GUI and it's functions and the other person works on the database and security type stuff. A macro is setup and it should print out reports at 7AM every day. The SCADA program manager claims it is a windows or Excel problem. IT reinstalled office 2000 and that didn't help. I looked into it today and found that even when opening a blank new Excel document, I get the error: File error some number formats may have been lost. IT doesn't like touching our system as they know little about it, so getting any help out of them is like pulling teeth. The workstation that runs the reports runs XP SP1. Any help would be appreciated.

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire

Cudni

MVM

did you check the eventvewer logs for errors?
»Microsoft Application Tips and Tweaks »How do I access event viewer and find what the system error codes mean?

Cudni

Gunga Din
Premium Member
join:2005-12-15
Bellmore, NY

Gunga Din

Premium Member

I looked into this for the first time today about 10 minutes before I was about to punch out so I will do so in the AM.
We had thought it was a SCADA software problem and now know that it is not. We can click ok and the reports will print without data loss but if someone doesn't do that when the next days reports come up the previous days will be lost.
It was in the hands of our IT Dept. so I didn't bother but now that they dropped the ball I will give it a shot myself.