uniqs

Angelo
The Network Guy
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18

Angelo to Mr_Derp

Premium Member

to Mr_Derp

Re: Bell Tech No Show - Anything I can do?

i haven't met many ppl at bell capable of doing their roles...

Mimiga King
join:2008-09-15
Quebec, QC

Mimiga King to PXA

to PXA
LOL, this happened to me quite some times. I wanted to get my dry loop connected.

First time, he called at 17:36 to tell me he was outside(was working, i had told them I was going to work at 16h.

Second time, Lost all my day waiting for him, he never showed up...

Third time, Lost all my day again... Suddenly he arrive at 19:24

Miracle? He told me they work from 8h to 21h

O_O

An_Onymous
@teksavvy.com

An_Onymous to Angelo

Anon

to Angelo
Their lobbying people seem to be doing well. :P
CR1239
join:2006-11-04
Vancouver, BC

2 edits

CR1239

[edit]... nevermind.

ex bell
@cgocable.net

ex bell to An_Onymous

Anon

to An_Onymous
said by An_Onymous :

The bare minimum BCE can make up for when something like this happens is to not to charge the customer for the installation fees.
Back in the nineties I used to suggest my customers request this when appointments were missed. Bell complied.

Or if Bell said the problem was inside (which they do now to sell their insurance), when it wasn't, and they wasted money on me. Request a credit for the next month service.

Now if they request reparations they are told politely to fuck off.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to An_Onymous

Premium Member

to An_Onymous
said by An_Onymous :

Even pizza guys have the 30 minutes or it is free.

The bare minimum BCE can make up for when something like this happens is to not to charge the customer for the installation fees.
Ha.. yeah that 30 minute guarantee doesn't work for the customer though, every pizza delivery I've seen has made it at just 28 or 29 minutes just enough time so you don't get it free.

I don't think even Bell is that good enough, most of the time they're told not to give any priority to wholesale.
justsomeguy8
join:2007-10-08
N5M3Z3

justsomeguy8 to PXA

to PXA
I dont know why you absolve Teksavvy of any guilt
in this case. Your provider is Teksavvy, not Bell. This is how
Teksavvy has chosen to operate their business. This
is not a new occurrence for them. They know it happens
and for whatever reason (maybe they are too busy?) they dont
bother following up with You and Bell to check on your install.

At the end of the day Teksavvy is responsible for leaving you sitting in your car all day with no tech and no information.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON

pnjunction

Premium Member

Teksavvy might be 'responsible', but they are not to blame.

This is how they've chosen to operate their business? As a DSL ISP in Ontario, they have no choice. Sure they could get right out of the DSL game, that's what Bell wants.

What good would following up do? It won't make the tech show up, nothing will. They are screwed.

Somebody needs to find a way to document these things. Maybe a survey? Show the CRTC some stats on how often Bell techs leave other ISP's customers hanging out to dry compared to their own retail customers.

The CRTC won't do anything either, but at least the data would be out there and Bell's shameful anti-competitive practices would be (further) exposed.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to justsomeguy8

Premium Member

to justsomeguy8
Bell is solely responsible for the last mile provisioning, all TekSavvy does is put in an order to schedule the connection. They will provide information but only as far as Bell provides them which is very little.

one way
@mc.videotron.ca

one way

Anon

Only one way to settle this little aspect of the conversation. Ask TSI if they knew. If they didn't put it in writing to the above pee-ons in Email.

If they did know and didn't inform you... well...
justsomeguy8
N5M3Z3

justsomeguy8 to pnjunction

to pnjunction
said by pnjunction:

Teksavvy might be 'responsible', but they are not to blame.

This is how they've chosen to operate their business? As a DSL ISP in Ontario, they have no choice. Sure they could get right out of the DSL game, that's what Bell wants.

What good would following up do? It won't make the tech show up, nothing will. They are screwed.

Somebody needs to find a way to document these things. Maybe a survey? Show the CRTC some stats on how often Bell techs leave other ISP's customers hanging out to dry compared to their own retail customers.

The CRTC won't do anything either, but at least the data would be out there and Bell's shameful anti-competitive practices would be (further) exposed.
Yes this is how they've chosen to do their business, they know from many cases that this is a problem. So your options are to get out of the business or prepare customers for this disappointment and handle it better.

Instead of a set it and forget it attitude that they seem to use for installs now, that puts the onus on the angry customers to call in and inform Teksavvy that there was a problem with the install, they could be doing it another way.

Teksavvy is known for providing good pro-active support, so why not extend it to installs?

If Teksavvy were to call Bell and ask about this gentleman's install, Bell would be able to check and see if the tech would actually be able to make it or if he has made it, or wont be making it.

And then Teksavvy could get back to the customer who is sweating it out in his car and let him know if he should take off or not.

I've witnessed dozens of cases in this forum over the past couple years where Bell techs have not shown up to do work for Teksavvy customers. Its always the same complaint and with the evidence of this thread, they haven't changed at all. Teksavvy should KNOW that a tech hasnt/wont be showing up before the customer has to call in angry, and I dont believe big bad bell is withholding this information.

PXA
Tech Ninja
Premium Member
join:2008-04-02
Almonte, ON

PXA to one way

Premium Member

to one way
said by one way :

Only one way to settle this little aspect of the conversation. Ask TSI if they knew.
When I left the site yesterday, the Bell order was still open. Nothing had changed, Bell had not said they couldn't come, the status was still that they were supposed to show up. I don't see what TekSavvy could do, other than inquire as to the status and be told "it's still open." That's the problem. Bell won't give any more information beyond what the reps are able to pull up on the screen.

For those who are interested, I spoke to TSI this morning. They pulled some strings/cracked some heads and managed to get Bell to commit to send a tech out this Saturday, again between 8-5. This doesn't sound all that impressive but Bell normally doesn't do installs on Saturday and someone is apparently being paid overtime to do this so actually, it is a bit of a thing. The problem now is that because that's my moving day, I can't have someone sitting there all day because everyone I know is helping me move.

I'm hoping I can talk to one of my 5 neighbours (this is a low-rise building) and see if one of them is willing to let the Bell guy in. I'll then tape a note to the front door telling the Bell tech to knock on their door and they'll let him in the phone room. I suspect the Bell tech will just go "That's not in the rules" and "nobody home" the call but this is the best I can do. Hopefully something will happen.

I do commend TSI for going to bat as far as they are able to in this situation. I still think they've done everything they can and I don't hold them responsible for the actions of an essentially unaccountable 3rd party they have to deal with and have no control over.

b i n g o
@mc.videotron.ca

b i n g o

Anon

yes, they do installs on Saturday. They started this around when Cope took over. It's been a while now that they do Saturdays...

If they do it for wholesale or not may be a different story.

Bingo:
"I don't hold them responsible for the actions of an essentially unaccountable 3rd party they have to deal with and have no control over."

Even Bell isn't accountable for their own actions to their own customers.

As said in another post, there should be a charge-back for this type of thing.

hearsay
@mc.videotron.ca

hearsay to justsomeguy8

Anon

to justsomeguy8
said by justsomeguy8:

Teksavvy should KNOW that a tech hasnt/wont be showing up before the customer has to call in angry, and I dont believe big bad bell is withholding this information.
How do they know when Bell will tell them the following:
Yes, the tech will be there at 11-am. Then when the tech doesn't show Bell will tell them, yeah yeah It's set for 1-pm, then when the tech doesn't show they say, it will be before 5-pm. The when the tech never shows Bell says, there was no scheduled tech you must be mistaken.

I've lived this on numerous occasions. This isn't hearsay (he said-she said) stuff.

This is what Bell tells people.

To what extent does a wholesaler go?

Should there be a charge-back? Damn right there should be.

Should people complain? Damn right they should complain.

Should people ask to be compensated for their loss? Damn right they should.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

1 edit

pnjunction to justsomeguy8

Premium Member

to justsomeguy8
said by justsomeguy8:

If Teksavvy were to call Bell and ask about this gentleman's install, Bell would be able to check and see if the tech would actually be able to make it or if he has made it, or wont be making it.

And then Teksavvy could get back to the customer who is sweating it out in his car and let him know if he should take off or not.
It's cute that you think they can actually do that.

Teksavvy: It's noon. Will a tech get to this guy today or is his day f*cked??

Bell: Oh yeah his day is f*cked LOL. Better luck tomorrow.

Not even. More like:

Bell: He'll be there on schedule. He's already behind schedule? Then you didn't schedule anything.
justsomeguy8
N5M3Z3

justsomeguy8

said by pnjunction:

said by justsomeguy8:

It's cute that you think they can actually do that.

Teksavvy: It's noon. Will a tech get to this guy today or is his day f*cked??

Bell: Oh yeah his day is f*cked LOL. Better luck tomorrow.

Not even. More like:

Bell: He'll be there on schedule. He's already behind schedule? Then you didn't schedule anything.
Its cute that you think they cant do that.

I dont know if they can or cannot, but maybe we can let this thread sit idle until someone who knows can comment?

any Bell Dispatchers out there?

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

pnjunction

Premium Member

said by justsomeguy8:

Its cute that you think they cant do that.

I dont know if they can or cannot, but maybe we can let this thread sit idle until someone who knows can comment?

any Bell Dispatchers out there?
Just look at people's experiences in this thread. They'll flat out lie.

One ex-bell guy was saying (another topic I think) that they put the jobs scheduled for the day into a pool and only some of them get done. Sounds very disorganized.

ex bell
@cgocable.net

ex bell to justsomeguy8

Anon

to justsomeguy8
said by justsomeguy8:

I've provisioned literately thousands of lines for Bell and you are out to lunch on this.

TSI can't do anything but wait for Bell.

Half the time on these it's not loaded behind anyone. Or if it is the guy gets behind and puts it back in the pool and control
can't find anyone to do it unless they force it on someone elses load.

Who guess what? Won't get to it either. I go through this all the time now as a competitor of Bell.

I tell my customers they will be lucky if the guy shows up and lucky if he is competent and lucky if he's in a good mood.

There is no overtime for Saturday as they have I&R techs. working 7 days a week on various shifts. The CO work and dms will be done Friday.
They just don't like to do T&Fs or orders that require a CO tech on the weekend.

I've had Bell Canada customers missed on up to three separate days.

Call them on any of these days and they will say a tech will be there by the end of the day.
CR1239
join:2006-11-04
Vancouver, BC

CR1239 to pnjunction

to pnjunction
said by pnjunction:

One ex-bell guy was saying (another topic I think) that they put the jobs scheduled for the day into a pool and only some of them get done. Sounds very disorganized.
Or all of them get done, depends on the workload. I don't know how Bell's dispatch system works, but where I work, the jobs are indeed in a pool, and the techs pick them up. There is usually a canvass for overtime if there are high volumes. I'm not sure how disorganized it is - it's better IMO than assigning a set number of jobs per tech, as the dispatchers have little idea how long a job can take. I think that's how the contractors work here, and it can have the effect of producing some poor customer service (rushed jobs, not going that extra mile for any customer, etc.). I never throw nothin' back in to the queue, and in fact, there's a policy that techs don't throw back anything in the queue after around 2PM.

FWIW, I work in a rural area where there are only 5 or 6 techs that take care of the region. We don't get overloaded that often, but when we do, we'll work tons of OT to ensure customers don't get missed. Mind you, I might not volunteer for overtime if that situation was playing out every week of the year. Proper staffing levels are the key.
CR1239

CR1239 to PXA

to PXA
said by PXA:

I'm hoping I can talk to one of my 5 neighbours (this is a low-rise building) and see if one of them is willing to let the Bell guy in. I'll then tape a note to the front door telling the Bell tech to knock on their door and they'll let him in the phone room. I suspect the Bell tech will just go "That's not in the rules" and "nobody home" the call but this is the best I can do. Hopefully something will happen.
Hopefully it doesn't pan out like that. Technically, techs usually shouldn't be in a customers' suite unless the customer is home (for some obvious although paranoid reasons). This 'rule' is broken all the time. And if your demarc is in your suite, the tech will have no way of knowing that the service is actually getting up to your suite, for sure.

EC4
join:2006-10-20
York, ON

EC4 to PXA

to PXA
This happens all the time. I recently spoke to a family friend who didn't have a dial tone on her phone and just like you, she waited all day on the scheduled date and nobody showed up. When she called back to complain she was told her problem is not a priority. She asked for everything to be canceled that same day.

drewis
Premium Member
join:2006-09-04
Hamilton, ON

1 edit

drewis

Premium Member

Same thing happened to me 2 days ago. Front door to apartment was wide open all day long (people were moving in/out), supers were in the lobby all times of the day, I can see the fckin remote from my house, no1 went there.

But.. "please confirm access to building"..

Now its another 5 business days and if they cant do it in 4 (friday) due to the holiday its going to be a total of 18 days from order to provision.

My ticket said "open - assigned" all day as well. I saw 4 + Bell trucks in my area.. I know its the busiest moving days of the year at this time, but no excuse.

I know its my 2nd line - no excuse.

I was one phone call away - oh wait, no one even showed up what am I talking about?

Seriously, if I was this disorganized at my place of business i'd be canned.

ex bell
@cgocable.net

ex bell to PXA

Anon

to PXA

Re: Bell Tech No Show - Saturday update.

said by PXA:

They pulled some strings/cracked some heads and managed to get Bell to commit to send a tech out this Saturday, again between 8-5.
So it's Saturday. Can you post back when you get a chance and give us an update?

drewis
Premium Member
Hamilton, ON

drewis

Premium Member

yeah wouldnt mind hearing how this turned out for you.

PXA
Tech Ninja
Premium Member
join:2008-04-02
Almonte, ON

2 edits

PXA to ex bell

Premium Member

to ex bell
said by ex bell :

said by PXA:

They pulled some strings/cracked some heads and managed to get Bell to commit to send a tech out this Saturday, again between 8-5.
So it's Saturday. Can you post back when you get a chance and give us an update?
So I have to say, the guy I ended up dealing with I was damn impressed with. This morning, he actually CALLED ME to confirm that he should head over. I was in a panic because we were late getting my first load of moving out the door and we weren't going to be at the building for a while. I also had to call my landlord to let him in the utility room and he said he couldn't do it before noon and this was 10:30am. The guy was super cool and went "Don't worry about it, I'll go do a couple more calls and ring you back after lunch." Sure enough, he did call back after lunch. I wasn't at the building again but I called my landlord who rushed over to meet him. When I showed up, there was a work order on the floor beside the jack showing a successful hookup and test. I tested the connection this evening and I'm getting full 5Mbit. I was nervous of this because it's an old building (built in 1955) in a very old neighbourhood.

But here's a more amazing tie-in. The guy who owns the house I just moved out of was having problems with incoming calls not reaching his land line. Like me, he called TSI and his first appointment, no one showed up. He booked it again for yesterday and this same guy (I know his name but I won't mention it, you'll see why in a sec) showed up. It turns out my friend's DSL filter got zapped in a recent storm and though outgoing calls and the DSL were fine, incoming calls were getting dropped unless the filter was removed. This guy was well within his rights to charge my friend for the call but not only did he not charge him (he made a bogus reason that it was Bell's fault) but he gave him a free replacement line filter! My friend gave him a pretty generous tip. Unfortunately, I never got to meet him so I didn't get the chance to.

This guy was the antithesis of what we're used to getting from Bell in terms of service. His service was nothing less than top-notch, the kind I get from TekSavvy and that I try to provide to my company's customers. I actually had his cell number stored in my phone from when he called me and I called him back and offered him half off our services if his computer ever acts up (my friend and I do on-site computer support.) I made a point of telling him that if everyone at Bell acted with the level of care and professionalism that he does, no one would have any complaints with the company. He seemed happy to hear that and didn't really disagree that the company has issues but that he has his own standards of how his work should be done. Absolutely amazing service and I only wish this guy was the one dispatched earlier this week. Kudos to him!

drewis
Premium Member
Hamilton, ON

1 edit

drewis

Premium Member

wow .. all i can say

edit:

This was just like the 2nd tech that came after the 1st one failed to install my first line properly. He was extremely courteous and called me several times to confirm that my line was working. He also installed a brand new line card and gave me 6.10 mb/s download speed. I didnt get a chance to meet him either. As for my no-show, im still waiting on a date when Bell is going to show up again...

I'm glad this went well for you. Congrats.

ex bell
@cgocable.net

ex bell to PXA

Anon

to PXA

Aren't you glad your plan to let loose on him didn't come to fruition.

There is hope for Bell yet. This is the way I used to work and have carried that to my own company.
Mind you I don't make the money I could if I operated like Bell, but then I sleep better at night.

Maybe start a thread in the Bell forum Deadpool will be so happy.

Glad it worked out.

good books
@mc.videotron.ca

good books to PXA

Anon

to PXA

said by PXA:

His service was nothing less than top-notch,
Yup, there are a few out there (not many).

Took around half a dozen techs to get one to me to fix my line (after MANY no-show techs).

You should Email kevin.crull@bell.ca (prez residential services) and just say that you had a great tech who showed up at THIS ADDRESS at THIS TIME and was superb.

kevin.crull@bell.ca doesn't get many good Emails I think. This would be one, and one tech worth mentioning in the good books.

oh wait
@mc.videotron.ca

oh wait to PXA

Anon

to PXA

wait... on second thought, post your line stats before you say he was excellent to Crull.

Some just hook you up and F off leaving you with problems.

ex bell
@cgocable.net

ex bell to good books

Anon

to good books

said by good books :

You should Email kevin.crull@bell.ca (prez residential services) and just say that you had a great tech who showed up at THIS ADDRESS at THIS TIME and was superb.
Do you think that is necessary?

I mean he was doing his job basically. Overcoming a few obstacles is prerequisite on many provisioning jobs. It goes with the territory.

Perhaps this is indicative of the state Bell is in now. What would be considered routine in my day is now considered exceptional service. Sad.