|reply to iansltx |
Obviously CompTech210 already has 15/2 service, so the costs must not be imperative at this time.
said by iansltx:Where did that figure come from?
If TWC does caps, people will have to pay $250+ per month for 2Mbit up service with no cap in the SA/Austin area.
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Online DSL
1. In the Austin area there are three providersL Grande, AT&T U-Verse and TWC.
2. Grande's maximum cable package is 1.5 Mbit up, and that's on the business side of the house. Highest-end res packages is 12/1.
3. AT&T's fastest package is 1.5 Mbit up, at least for now.
4. TWC will cap residential tiers but not business class tiers.
5. The only TWCBC tier with 2 Mbit/s upload speeds is the 15/2 package for $249.95-$279.95 per month, depending on the contract length.
So yeah, $250 per month for 2 Mbit/s of upload speed. 1.5 Mbits via UVerse or Grande biz-class is close though, and might be necessary if they cost less than say, $150 per month versus TWC's $250.