how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

lij1972

join:2005-09-27
Burlington, ON

[ Homephone] Cut Phone Line - Repair time

My parents have a phone line from Yak but it is serviced by Bell. The buried line has been unburied (on the neighbours lawn) and was cut in two accidentally with a lawn mower.

How long should Bell be taking to respond to the repair the line?

They reported it this afternoon and was originally told that Bell will be out between 5 and 9 this evening. I called Yak to give an update to the precise problem and now Yak is saying that Bell won't be out until August 1st to repair and have no record of the original time.

This seems to be rather long since they cannot call out to 911 or anything.

ex bell

@cgocable.net

Bell uses their contractor Bell Technical Solutions who have temp workers sitting at home (who would love the hours) all over Ontario while your phone is out.

If you can see both ends skin it and join it together colour to colour. If you need slack use any wire you can get your hands on, lamp cord, speaker wire etc.l

quasinick
Ogres Are Like Onions
Premium
join:2004-03-17
Canada
reply to lij1972

Once an "out of service" call is received, generally Bell has 24 hours to have it resolved. CRTC, I believe, asks for 48 hours, but Bell tries for 24 hours. So, if your issue was reported TODAY at, say, 2PM, then probably somebody will be out before noon tomorrow. Usually when troubles like this come in at that time of day, it's a little late in the day to get a tech out - unless you're in a more densely populated area which MAY or MAY NOT have extended shifts (to, say 9PM, etc).

PM me if you need more info/advice! =)
--
Ocean's 13.... "You're analog players in a digital world"

JAC70

join:2008-10-20
canada
reply to lij1972

Just tell them you have someone at home with a serious medical condition and they should expedite it for you.

ex bell

@cgocable.net

said by JAC70:

Just tell them you have someone at home with a serious medical condition and they should expedite it for you.
Others have posted that they have tried that and Bell didn't care.

Remember we are talking about Bell Canada here.

quasinick, I think the parameters are 24 hrs. but structured within a percentage basis of service restorations.

Bell_Abused

join:2006-10-07
reply to JAC70

said by JAC70:

LOL

ahahahahahahahahahahaha

SNOOOOOOOORT

ex bell

@cgocable.net

said by Bell_Abused:

ahahahahahahahahahahaha
That's another way of putting it. It used to be the case back in the day when you get an actual human instead of
robots worried about picking up some curry at the 7-11 on the way home.

Now they are measured on how many features and services they can scam you into getting.

I remember when I was consulting to a US telco and down there they get huge fines 100 thousand and up when they don't perform within the 24 hr. repair metric.

What happens to Bell Canada here? Their executive's tee time with the CRTC commissioners is bumped up later in the day.

Bell_Abused

join:2006-10-07

I won't reply to this. But, use search to figure it out and add 1+1.

Also of note is the CRTC who dropped these stats this year. It's no longer reportable to them. These stats are no longer reported or required by the CRTC.

On the topic of stats, when I complained and shoved their stats in their face from the BCE site, which they proudly showed, and me pointing out my two "experiences", the stats disappeared a couple of weeks later.

When it was online and I saw them and fired back, I was told I am an outlying statistic. Twice.

TWICE! I should have won the 6/49 5x over by now using their same numbers they tossed at me.

I'm holding back here... and it's hard. Very hard.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to lij1972

Honestly, have your parents document everything (names, numbers times of calls, etc.) and then file a complaint with the CCTS. Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services Inc. (CCTS) »www.ccts-cprst.ca/en/

When/if the CCTS rejects the complaint (yes they can reject a complaint) file one with the CRTC.

Spent a bit of time looking for line repair information on the CRTC's site, however since they gave birth to the CCTS they seem to have cleansed the site of relevant information.

How the heck did the line get unburied and tossed on to the lawn?
--
Life - A bitter little ray of sunshine.

Newfie

join:2001-05-08
Toronto, ON
reply to lij1972

Bell has 48 hours in rural non-competative areas to repair your service. And only 80% of these have to be completed within 48 hours.

In urbin areas where there is competition, it's a free-for-all and have no requirement.

outFire

join:2009-05-13
Toronto, ON
reply to lij1972

Thane_bitter is absolutely right about this "Honestly, have your parents document everything (names, numbers times of calls, etc.) and then file a complaint with the CCTS. Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services Inc. (CCTS) »www.ccts-cprst.ca/en/".

Everyone who ever had issue like this or going to have similar issue please do as what Thane_bitter stated. Our voice need to heard.

Harleyguy3

join:2008-02-01
Waterdown, ON

I am sure some one will correct me.

Yak is a Voip Line that requires a high speed connection.
I thought DSL was a non regulated technologly and as such has no priorities.

I dont deal with voip so not sure of any CRTC regulations

quasinick
Ogres Are Like Onions
Premium
join:2004-03-17
Canada

said by Harleyguy3:

I thought DSL was a non regulated technologly and as such has no priorities.

I dont deal with voip so not sure of any CRTC regulations

Yup. I'll correct you. =) Bell DOES actually put service times on DSL repairs. 48 hours is what they try for... again, TRY for, and sometime they get to things sooner, sometimes later - and again, dependent on on rural/urban areas, workload of phone vs DSL, in-service vs out-of-service.... yes, it's a lot to juggle for the people who juggle loading of work to technicians... A numbers game, that's for sure.

As for CRTC regulations regarding DSL repairs, I'm not sure if there ARE any in place yet, or whether it's just guidelines...
--
Ocean's 13.... "You're analog players in a digital world"

Snickerdo
Premium
join:2001-02-28
Niagara Falls, ON

said by quasinick:

As for CRTC regulations regarding DSL repairs, I'm not sure if there ARE any in place yet, or whether it's just guidelines...
There are none. The consumer side of Internet service is in no way regulated by the CRTC.
--
You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs - Victory in spite of all terror - Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.

commit

@mc.videotron.ca
reply to lij1972

Bell's Mission statement as found in their customer commitment:

Delight.

Yes, delight. Simply put, that’s our mission: To delight you with the products, services and customer support that we provide to you every day.

If you derive no delight, tell them to give you your money back.

Plain and simple to me.

Delight does not equal 3 months of problem intern, phone or a cell with locked out GPS.

Take the "delight" challenge today!

In Bell's "clarity" commitment, they state:

In the fast-changing world of telecommunications, you are faced with more product and service choices than ever before. It’s important that you get the information you need.

Everyone clear on everything and anything related to your service(s)?

Never got your account changed by what-ever means that was without concent or knowledge?

Then use this to break your contract w/o termination fee's (and ask for your money back).

Take the Clarity and Delight challenge today!

If both are fulla crap according to you, then:

email kevin.crull@bell.ca and demand your money back + out of your contract + damages (what the heck) for the lies.

Clear to me. No Bell propaganda statement is needed for me to see.

and so

@mc.videotron.ca
reply to lij1972

said by lij1972:

Yak is saying that Bell won't be out until August 1st to repair and have no record of the original time.
So lij1972, has this been fixed yet?

Is your cut phone line working?

Did they fix it Aug 1st like what was told to you?

No news?

CR123

join:2006-11-04
Vancouver, BC
reply to Harleyguy3

said by Harleyguy3:

I'll correct you again. Yak isn't VOIP.

»www.yak.ca/product/yak-home-phon···it-works
--
- The content of this post is my opinion, and does not reflect the opinions of my employer. -

ex bell

@cgocable.net

said by CR123:

I'll correct you again. Yak isn't VOIP.
»www.yak.ca/product/yak-home-phon···it-works
Ha, I like the flashing icon on the Yak site.

"Sign up with Yak and call India for less."

If you are with Bell Canada that's exactly what your trying not to do.

RickStep
Premium
join:2002-11-25
Hamilton, ON
kudos:1
reply to Thane_Bitter

said by Thane_Bitter:

How the heck did the line get unburied and tossed on to the lawn?
Some lines never get buried; properly.

Bell or their contractors will bury the phone line before the grade is set in a subdivision. A phone line buried 18 - 24 inches deep can end up very close to the surface and many times is cut by a bulldozer.

Some lines never get buried and the only covering is the sod placed over the wire. The "dirt" in the sod is less than half an inch (12.5mm). A rake tine can pull it above ground and then is cut by the mower.