how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jazzlady

join:2005-08-04
Tannersville, PA

Is Prolog blocking sites now????

I am on Prolog, and I have been trying to access the site "podiobooks.com" and am no longer able to do so. I used to go to this site all the time. It's a great place to download free audiobooks.

I tried Firefox, IE, and Opera on 3 different computers, and it just says server not found.

I can't ping the website, nor run a traceroute either.

Amazingly, I just tried using a proxy server and I could then access it just fine.

I am seriously ticked off. This isn't a torrent site, it's a site with FREE audio files.

WTF?

Is anyone else having issues with sites?

br0adbanddoc

join:2001-12-31
Wilkes Barre, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by jazzlady:

I am on Prolog, and I have been trying to access the site "podiobooks.com" and am no longer able to do so. I used to go to this site all the time. It's a great place to download free audiobooks.

I tried Firefox, IE, and Opera on 3 different computers, and it just says server not found.

I can't ping the website, nor run a traceroute either.

Amazingly, I just tried using a proxy server and I could then access it just fine.

I am seriously ticked off. This isn't a torrent site, it's a site with FREE audio files.

WTF?

Is anyone else having issues with sites?
I can get to it fine from Wilkes-Barre...

GreenWave7
Premium
join:2004-02-07
Hazleton, PA
reply to jazzlady
works for me too no problems at all

jazzlady

join:2005-08-04
Tannersville, PA
said by GreenWave7:

works for me too no problems at all
Thanks for checking guys.

It works for me too- now.

Apparently, others were having similar issues with the site as well, and then it mysteriously cleared up.

There apparently was some kind of DNS problem, but only for certain users.... hmmmmm, do I smell a conspiracy here? Should I put on my tinfoil hat??? LOL

I swear, networking problems can drive one insane. ;-D