spc
Search similar:

uniqs
lexuskool
join:2001-04-25
Brooklyn, NY

lexuskool

[northeast] Brooklyn,NY FIOS Deployments

I saw fios work being done in Mill Basin and Bensonhurst. Last time i heard Verizon is suppose to start wiring Dyker Heights then Bay Ridge. So i started this thread so that people in Brooklyn would be informed since other boros have their own. Anyone who sees fios work being done in Brooklyn areas please post.

Lud
join:2000-08-04
Brooklyn, NY

Lud

thanks Im located in dyker heights. I hope they will start wiring the neighborhood soon/

kamm
join:2001-02-14
Brooklyn, NY

kamm to lexuskool

to lexuskool
I still don't get what TF is going on with Park Slope - someone said it was in the work logs and I have seen Verizon trucks around us late Spring but it's August already and still nothing from fuckin' verizon...

OT is OK
@aol.com

OT is OK

Anon

My guess is that Park Slope will be one of the last areas in Bklyn to see Fios cable being placed. I dont know your location , but if your bounded any where between Flatbush ave to 15st and 5th ave to the parkside it will be a while due to backyard access problems. Getting home owners from one end of the block to the other to allow crews to pull the cable from pole to pole to pole through their backyards will be a big headache.Park Slope (14th st central office ) has always been a problem for access. Good Luck !
anthezium
join:2009-07-21

anthezium

shoot just put down a deposit for an apartment on st johns place by 6th. any idea who I could talk to to get some more information about this?

Guylumbardo1
@verizon.net

Guylumbardo1 to lexuskool

Anon

to lexuskool
Whats up in williamsburg, they started in the northside, then stopped? I'm waiting here by the library on ross st, tired of dsl, as my building has no cable, although we do have directv. This FIOS deployment is awfully slow.

parksl0pe
@verizon.net

parksl0pe to anthezium

Anon

to anthezium
said by anthezium:

shoot just put down a deposit for an apartment on st johns place by 6th. any idea who I could talk to to get some more information about this?
if fios is that important maybe u could have chcked for availibility before putting a deposit :-p

seriously though all of new york city will be wired by 2014

fatal
join:2000-12-29
Brooklyn, NY

fatal to lexuskool

to lexuskool
shoot i have fios all around me except for my block for some reason lol

jefe
Premium Member
join:2001-05-19
Northport, NY

jefe to lexuskool

Premium Member

to lexuskool

Re: How do you get your building wired?

Just out of curiosity, if you live in an apartment building, or condo, once FiOS actually arrives at your address how do you get the building wired?
clrana9017
join:2009-05-12

clrana9017 to lexuskool

to lexuskool

Re: [northeast] Brooklyn,NY FIOS Deployments

AFAIK, Mill Basin, Old Mill Basin, Bergen Beach, Sheepshead Bay, Marine Park, Canarsie, and Georgetown definitely have FiOS available. People in East Flatbush with row houses and backyard phone lines definitely do not and the East Flatbush community board has given permission for lines to be run, but nothing in the Wingate part of East Flatbush has been said. However, parts of East Flatbush do have FiOS where the lines run in the front. Five blocks east from me and onwards has FiOS because of front-run lines.
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

jimboe

said by clrana9017:

AFAIK, Mill Basin, Old Mill Basin, Bergen Beach, Sheepshead Bay, Marine Park, Canarsie, and Georgetown definitely have FiOS available.
..add to that parts of bensonhurst, gravesend, and bath beach.
clrana9017

clrana9017 to lexuskool

to lexuskool
pretty much all of southern Brooklyn has it, nothing up north yet. This makes me sad.

jefe
Premium Member
join:2001-05-19
Northport, NY

jefe

Premium Member

Doesn't look like Cobble Hill has it yet. But still...nobody's answer my earlier question. When FiOS finally passes your address...how do you get your building wired?

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

If it is an apartment, condo or coop, then it is up to the landlord, condo association, or coop board respectively to make contact with VZ. I believe there are two agreements that need to be signed. 1) An agreement to wire the building. 2) A marketing agreement.

There is (or was) a special group at VZ that handled these arrangements. The number has been posted several times.
clrana9017

clrana9017 to lexuskool

to lexuskool
Still no permits in my area . . . It's so weird how I'm technically part of East Flatbush, but I'm part of a different community board. Plus, I'm checking out permits from Verizon right now and nothing good seems to be happening in my area. I want FiOS! Cablevision has konked out on me too many times today!
lexuskool
Brooklyn, NY

lexuskool

So far what i have seen and heard verizon is putting up fiber wires on poles in front of homes in Brooklyn. So right now the best question to ask is has anybody seen Verizon putting up fiber wires on poles in backyards or in back of homes in any part of Brooklyn? IF they have started putting up fiber wires on poles in backyards or back of homes then that is a good sign. That fiber will be coming to those areas in Brooklyn that have poles in the back. So if somebody sees that please post. One last bit of good news that i have is Verizon started putting up fiber cables in Bay Ridge June 1 and 2nd,2009. From there Sunset Park then Park Slope toward downtown Brooklyn should start getting wired because that's the areas that come next after Bay Ridge. Unless Verizon goes a diiferent route we shall see.

fatal
Brooklyn, NY

fatal

said by lexuskool:

So far what i have seen and heard verizon is putting up fiber wires on poles in front of homes in Brooklyn. So right now the best question to ask is has anybody seen Verizon putting up fiber wires on poles in backyards or in back of homes in any part of Brooklyn? IF they have started putting up fiber wires on poles in backyards or back of homes then that is a good sign. That fiber will be coming to those areas in Brooklyn that have poles in the back. So if somebody sees that please post. One last bit of good news that i have is Verizon started putting up fiber cables in Bay Ridge June 1 and 2nd,2009. From there Sunset Park then Park Slope toward downtown Brooklyn should start getting wired because that's the areas that come next after Bay Ridge. Unless Verizon goes a diiferent route we shall see.
i have to agree with this my block has poles in the back and i can't get fios the next block down has them in front and has fios also right around the corner poles in front and they have fios funny thing is my block is full of 2 family houses with driveways seems like it wouldn't be hard to get to the poles
anthezium
join:2009-07-21

anthezium to parksl0pe

to parksl0pe
said by parksl0pe :

said by anthezium:

if fios is that important maybe u could have chcked for availibility before putting a deposit :-p

seriously though all of new york city will be wired by 2014
I mean the place is sweet and sadly the internet can't be the only criterion I'm hoping whatever cable they've got is decent. Anyway, noticed something interesting playing with Verizon's shitty online availability tool. For my place it's all like FiOS isn't available, whereas for a place two doors down it's like "FiOS Future Notification" or something. Any idea why some places come up with the future notification dealie and some come up with plain old no, especially on the same block? Does the future notification thing mean the block is wired or at least scheduled, or absolutely nothing? Also, does anybody know whether NYCKNYCL is the CO for this area? Is that relevant to the FiOS situation. If so, is this CO set up for it? Sorry if any of these are boneheaded questions; I'm new here.
figure 8
join:2004-09-10

figure 8

NYCKNYCL = Clinton ave central office,and it borders 14st c.o. . Go to Central Office finder and put in the first three numbers of your exchange. You'll be able to find out what office you work out of. (I dont think theres any fios activity happening there yet )
blanka2k2
join:2002-05-25
Brooklyn, NY

blanka2k2 to lexuskool

to lexuskool
Not sure if this is for Fios, however Verizon has started to dig up my block today. No mention of Fios however the no parking signs had read no parking today 9am to 5pm due to ground digging done by Verizon. I live in 11235 on the corner of Brighton Water Court and Brighton 7.

fatal
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

fatal

said by blanka2k2:

Not sure if this is for Fios, however Verizon has started to dig up my block today. No mention of Fios however the no parking signs had read no parking today 9am to 5pm due to ground digging done by Verizon. I live in 11235 on the corner of Brighton Water Court and Brighton 7.
looks like fios to me
Permit No. B012009197166
Status 006 ISSUED & PRINTED
Issue Date 7/16/2009
Emergency Issue
Specific Location inter
Specific Purpose build conduit 8abhmp-10 ay 2of3-8abhmp-10-059
=========================================
Permit No. B012009197165
Issue Date 7/16/2009
Emergency Issue
Specific Location *
Specific Purpose build conduit 8abhmp-10 ay 1of3-8abhmp-10-059
=========================================
1 B012009197165 BK 13 13 VERIZON NEW YORK INC. BRIGHTON 7 STREET BRIGHTON BEACH AVENUE BRIGHTWATER COURT 7/20/2009 8/19/2009 01 STREET OPENING PERMIT MAJOR INSTALLATIONS - TELEPHONE
2 B012009197166 BK 13 13 VERIZON NEW YORK INC. BRIGHTON 7 STREET BRIGHTWATER COURT 7/20/2009 8/19/2009 01 STREET OPENING PERMIT MAJOR INSTALLATIONS - TELEPHONE
clrana9017

1 edit

clrana9017 to lexuskool

to lexuskool
I'll post what's near me:

Permit No. B012009188183
Issue Date 7/7/2009
Emergency Issue
Specific Location *
Specific Purpose build conduit 8aba00-3 alb-8aba00-3-050

Permit No. B012009190099
Issue Date 7/9/2009
Emergency Issue
Specific Location *
Specific Purpose BUILD CONDUIT 9ALD55-1 ALB 1OF2---

Permit No. B012009190100
Issue Date 7/9/2009
Emergency Issue
Specific Location *
Specific Purpose BUILD CONDUIT 9ALD55-1 ALB 2OF2---
=======================================
1. B012009188183 BK 09 09 VERIZON NEW YORK INC. FRANKLIN AVENUE MONTGOMERY STREET SULLIVAN PLACE 7/8/2009 8/6/2009 01 STREET OPENING PERMIT MAJOR INSTALLATIONS - TELEPHONE

2. B012009190099 BK 09 09 VERIZON NEW YORK INC. FLATBUSH AVENUE LEFFERTS AVENUE NYCTA SUBWAY 7/13/2009 8/12/2009 01 STREET OPENING PERMIT MAJOR INSTALLATIONS - TELEPHONE

3. B012009190100 BK 09 09 VERIZON NEW YORK INC. FLATBUSH AVENUE LEFFERTS AVENUE LINCOLN ROAD 7/14/2009 8/12/2009 01 STREET OPENING PERMIT MAJOR INSTALLATION - TELEPHONE-PROTECTED

Looks like FiOS is now up north of me :/ This is in CB9 (Wingate)

EDIT: By the way, I'm in CO NYCKNYTY. I reversed looked it up and it said it's on Empire. I'm pretty damn close to that CO, then.
lexuskool
Brooklyn, NY

lexuskool

One other good way of knowing if FIOS is coming to your area soon is that when you see the other area close to you getting FIOS wired up. I just am waiting to see or hear from someone if they see Verizon putting up fiber cables on poles in back of homes or where the poles are in backyards. Because that will be a very good sign that Verizon is starting to do those areas where they have poles in back of homes. So post if you see Verizon putting up fiber cables on poles in back of homes in Brooklyn.

fatal
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

fatal

said by lexuskool:

One other good way of knowing if FIOS is coming to your area soon is that when you see the other area close to you getting FIOS wired up. I just am waiting to see or hear from someone if they see Verizon putting up fiber cables on poles in back of homes or where the poles are in backyards. Because that will be a very good sign that Verizon is starting to do those areas where they have poles in back of homes. So post if you see Verizon putting up fiber cables on poles in back of homes in Brooklyn.
well the other day i was walking up a block in my area no poles out front and no driveways i was saying to myself thats gonna be a nightmare to wire this block up few days later i was walking up that same block and what do you know they put new poles in the front lol is that the plan new poles for places with poles out back? btw am in gravesend
clrana9017

clrana9017 to lexuskool

to lexuskool
Verizon has said before that when it comes to the NYC development, it is inevitable that they might have to make some new poles. They did when it came to Mill Basin. At least, that's what my friend said. She has FiOS in the front and Cablevision in the back. It's a nightmare to have FiOS wiring in my backyard, I suppose. I'm in a row house area with no backyard access EXCEPT via people's yards. My front poles have Cablevision and I doubt they'll share poles any time soon.

fatal
Brooklyn, NY

fatal

said by clrana9017:

Verizon has said before that when it comes to the NYC development, it is inevitable that they might have to make some new poles. They did when it came to Mill Basin. At least, that's what my friend said. She has FiOS in the front and Cablevision in the back. It's a nightmare to have FiOS wiring in my backyard, I suppose. I'm in a row house area with no backyard access EXCEPT via people's yards. My front poles have Cablevision and I doubt they'll share poles any time soon.
well here in gravesend they share the poles cablevision and verizon on the same pole (pause) lol
lexuskool
Brooklyn, NY

lexuskool

If Verizon started putting up new poles in front of people's homes it would be expensive, more time consuming and there would be a lot of legal fights from people to put up in front of homes in those areas were there is no pole.Verizon will put up fiber cables on poles in back of homes or in backyards.Due to being cost effective and less time consuming. I am just waiting for anybody in Brooklyn to see or spot Verizon techs putting fiber cables on poles in back of homes. Maybe it is being done we just have to wait for someone to post this info.
clrana9017

clrana9017 to lexuskool

to lexuskool
Well, two months ago, Verizon techs were in the back of my row house area checking lines for something. So, who knows what might happen? Maybe FiOS will come to my area sooner or later? I just wish it would come now. I can't stand Cablevision and their scheming ways.
Expand your moderator at work

utilman
@rr.com

utilman to clrana9017

Anon

to clrana9017

Re: [northeast] Brooklyn,NY FIOS Deployments

sorry u could not be more wrong. "telephone" poles are owned by verizon and used by power, cable, and phone company. cablevision actually pays verizon on a per pole per month access fee.