fatal
join:2000-12-29
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

fatal to blanka2k2

to blanka2k2

Re: [northeast] Brooklyn,NY FIOS Deployments

said by blanka2k2:

Not sure if this is for Fios, however Verizon has started to dig up my block today. No mention of Fios however the no parking signs had read no parking today 9am to 5pm due to ground digging done by Verizon. I live in 11235 on the corner of Brighton Water Court and Brighton 7.
looks like fios to me
Permit No. B012009197166
Status 006 ISSUED & PRINTED
Issue Date 7/16/2009
Emergency Issue
Specific Location inter
Specific Purpose build conduit 8abhmp-10 ay 2of3-8abhmp-10-059
=========================================
Permit No. B012009197165
Issue Date 7/16/2009
Emergency Issue
Specific Location *
Specific Purpose build conduit 8abhmp-10 ay 1of3-8abhmp-10-059
=========================================
1 B012009197165 BK 13 13 VERIZON NEW YORK INC. BRIGHTON 7 STREET BRIGHTON BEACH AVENUE BRIGHTWATER COURT 7/20/2009 8/19/2009 01 STREET OPENING PERMIT MAJOR INSTALLATIONS - TELEPHONE
2 B012009197166 BK 13 13 VERIZON NEW YORK INC. BRIGHTON 7 STREET BRIGHTWATER COURT 7/20/2009 8/19/2009 01 STREET OPENING PERMIT MAJOR INSTALLATIONS - TELEPHONE
clrana9017
join:2009-05-12

1 edit

clrana9017 to lexuskool

to lexuskool
I'll post what's near me:

Permit No. B012009188183
Issue Date 7/7/2009
Emergency Issue
Specific Location *
Specific Purpose build conduit 8aba00-3 alb-8aba00-3-050

Permit No. B012009190099
Issue Date 7/9/2009
Emergency Issue
Specific Location *
Specific Purpose BUILD CONDUIT 9ALD55-1 ALB 1OF2---

Permit No. B012009190100
Issue Date 7/9/2009
Emergency Issue
Specific Location *
Specific Purpose BUILD CONDUIT 9ALD55-1 ALB 2OF2---
=======================================
1. B012009188183 BK 09 09 VERIZON NEW YORK INC. FRANKLIN AVENUE MONTGOMERY STREET SULLIVAN PLACE 7/8/2009 8/6/2009 01 STREET OPENING PERMIT MAJOR INSTALLATIONS - TELEPHONE

2. B012009190099 BK 09 09 VERIZON NEW YORK INC. FLATBUSH AVENUE LEFFERTS AVENUE NYCTA SUBWAY 7/13/2009 8/12/2009 01 STREET OPENING PERMIT MAJOR INSTALLATIONS - TELEPHONE

3. B012009190100 BK 09 09 VERIZON NEW YORK INC. FLATBUSH AVENUE LEFFERTS AVENUE LINCOLN ROAD 7/14/2009 8/12/2009 01 STREET OPENING PERMIT MAJOR INSTALLATION - TELEPHONE-PROTECTED

Looks like FiOS is now up north of me :/ This is in CB9 (Wingate)

EDIT: By the way, I'm in CO NYCKNYTY. I reversed looked it up and it said it's on Empire. I'm pretty damn close to that CO, then.
lexuskool
join:2001-04-25
Brooklyn, NY

lexuskool

One other good way of knowing if FIOS is coming to your area soon is that when you see the other area close to you getting FIOS wired up. I just am waiting to see or hear from someone if they see Verizon putting up fiber cables on poles in back of homes or where the poles are in backyards. Because that will be a very good sign that Verizon is starting to do those areas where they have poles in back of homes. So post if you see Verizon putting up fiber cables on poles in back of homes in Brooklyn.

fatal
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

fatal

said by lexuskool:

One other good way of knowing if FIOS is coming to your area soon is that when you see the other area close to you getting FIOS wired up. I just am waiting to see or hear from someone if they see Verizon putting up fiber cables on poles in back of homes or where the poles are in backyards. Because that will be a very good sign that Verizon is starting to do those areas where they have poles in back of homes. So post if you see Verizon putting up fiber cables on poles in back of homes in Brooklyn.
well the other day i was walking up a block in my area no poles out front and no driveways i was saying to myself thats gonna be a nightmare to wire this block up few days later i was walking up that same block and what do you know they put new poles in the front lol is that the plan new poles for places with poles out back? btw am in gravesend
clrana9017

clrana9017 to lexuskool

to lexuskool
Verizon has said before that when it comes to the NYC development, it is inevitable that they might have to make some new poles. They did when it came to Mill Basin. At least, that's what my friend said. She has FiOS in the front and Cablevision in the back. It's a nightmare to have FiOS wiring in my backyard, I suppose. I'm in a row house area with no backyard access EXCEPT via people's yards. My front poles have Cablevision and I doubt they'll share poles any time soon.

fatal
Brooklyn, NY

fatal

said by clrana9017:

Verizon has said before that when it comes to the NYC development, it is inevitable that they might have to make some new poles. They did when it came to Mill Basin. At least, that's what my friend said. She has FiOS in the front and Cablevision in the back. It's a nightmare to have FiOS wiring in my backyard, I suppose. I'm in a row house area with no backyard access EXCEPT via people's yards. My front poles have Cablevision and I doubt they'll share poles any time soon.
well here in gravesend they share the poles cablevision and verizon on the same pole (pause) lol
lexuskool
Brooklyn, NY

lexuskool

If Verizon started putting up new poles in front of people's homes it would be expensive, more time consuming and there would be a lot of legal fights from people to put up in front of homes in those areas were there is no pole.Verizon will put up fiber cables on poles in back of homes or in backyards.Due to being cost effective and less time consuming. I am just waiting for anybody in Brooklyn to see or spot Verizon techs putting fiber cables on poles in back of homes. Maybe it is being done we just have to wait for someone to post this info.
clrana9017

clrana9017 to lexuskool

to lexuskool
Well, two months ago, Verizon techs were in the back of my row house area checking lines for something. So, who knows what might happen? Maybe FiOS will come to my area sooner or later? I just wish it would come now. I can't stand Cablevision and their scheming ways.
Expand your moderator at work

utilman
@rr.com

utilman to clrana9017

Anon

to clrana9017

sorry u could not be more wrong. "telephone" poles are owned by verizon and used by power, cable, and phone company. cablevision actually pays verizon on a per pole per month access fee.
clrana9017

clrana9017

You have a point, but the poles in my area are separate. My electricity is underground, Verizon is in the back poles, and Cablevision is in the front poles. I'm pretty sure they are separate because my POTS box is in the back like everyone else's and I get my internet from Cablevision from the front poles. Never have I ever seen them cross in my place.
clrana9017

clrana9017 to lexuskool

to lexuskool

One thing . . .

Is there no push for Verizon FiOS in these other parts of Brooklyn? I know people are happy with TWC in Western Brooklyn, but my whole block in Eastern Brooklyn avoids Cablevision. I have no issues with slowdowns (unless Cablevision causes it) because everyone on the block has DSL and satellite (I have Dish Network, too). It would be great if FiOS would start coming to my area.

ChulitaNY
@optonline.net

ChulitaNY to lexuskool

Anon

to lexuskool

Unfortunately I have cablevision and I can't wait to try out FiOS... i hope its not all hype. Well in any case I don't see any work being done in East New York Bklyn. I live between Atlantic Ave and Fulton.
clrana9017

clrana9017

Well, you're adjacent to Canarsie which already has it. Hopefully, they spread to your area soon. AFAIK, I've seen some new wiring near Crown Heights on Utica Avenue. If you go further down towards Mill Basin, they have FiOS. Not sure if they have it closer to Wingate/Crown Heights/East Flatbush. At least since East Flatbush is getting wired, Wingate shouldn't be too far behind. Now, if it weren't for backyard wiring . . .
lexuskool
Brooklyn, NY

lexuskool

Downtown Brooklyn is getting wired and the northern part of Brooklyn is getting wired. Especially all the areas of Brooklyn where there are poles in front of homes.The areas where the poles are in back of homes or in backyards will most likely be the ones that Verizon does last in Brooklyn. It's mostly the southern part and some other areas where the poles are in the back.I am waiting for anyone who sees or even a picture to confirm and post verizon techs putting up fiber cables on poles in the back of homes. I am waiting to see what happens in Bay Ridge cause that's where Verizon has started wiring on June 1,2009 and thats the area where there are poles in the back. Also there is a link on top called our availability map where you can click on new york and click on your mouse to zoom in on the map. click on availability map and also click on the predicted and click on top of the pins which gives you some revealing information on where fios is in Brooklyn.
clrana9017

clrana9017 to lexuskool

to lexuskool
I was in Bensonhurst today (for AT&T Wireless matters. Ugh) and I saw two Verizon trucks (one with a huge spool of fiber and what looked like a cement truck) passing through there. Looks like more of Bensonhurst is on its way to getting more FiOS connected areas. I also came across an area that had poles in the front on one block, but poles in the back in the other. AFAIK, they had FiOS in the areas in the front, but I didn't see any fiber splices/hubs/anything fiber related for those in the back. Not good for my backyard lines right about now.
lexuskool
Brooklyn, NY

2 edits

lexuskool

Waiting to see what happens in Bay Ridge from 7 th avenue down to shore road cause thats were the poles are in the back of homes.Up to 7th avenue they have poles in front of homes. Same goes for my area in Sunset Park the poles in front go up to 7th avenue and from 7th avenue down to 1st ave poles are in the back of homes. Hopefully someone who reads this post living in Bay Ridge from 7th avenue down towards shore road spots Verizon trucks in those streets from 100 street to 65 th street and will post the good news.
blk_al_bundy
join:2009-08-26
Richmond, VA

blk_al_bundy to blanka2k2

to blanka2k2
most likely if its verizon its 4 fios ...verizon is not laying any more copper out just fiber

Photoman15
join:2000-06-12
Brooklyn, NY

Photoman15 to lexuskool

to lexuskool
I'm in Bath Beach/Bensonhurst and have FIOS going into my 3rd month now. Yeah FIOS. It's Big!

fatal
Brooklyn, NY

fatal

said by Photoman15:

I'm in Bath Beach/Bensonhurst and have FIOS going into my 3rd month now. Yeah FIOS. It's Big!
right but are the poles on your block in the front or in the back yards?
clrana9017

clrana9017 to lexuskool

to lexuskool
I second that question. Where are your poles located for FiOS? I had to complete that sentence because just saying where are your poles would just sound awkward.

Photoman15
join:2000-06-12
Brooklyn, NY

Photoman15 to lexuskool

to lexuskool
A little personal, but my poles are in the front.
clrana9017

clrana9017

Haha, well double entendre aside, that's what we're trying to figure out: when will FiOS come to those who have their poles in the backyards? There are semi-accessible backyards (via driveways) or inaccessible ones (only through a person's house OR over a building's endpoint). I don't think many of us have seen progress like that occurring in Brooklyn and that's what the major issue is for some of us who want FiOS like little old me who's dealing out money to Dish Network and Cablevision :/

fatal
Brooklyn, NY

fatal

said by clrana9017:

Haha, well double entendre aside, that's what we're trying to figure out: when will FiOS come to those who have their poles in the backyards? There are semi-accessible backyards (via driveways) or inaccessible ones (only through a person's house OR over a building's endpoint). I don't think many of us have seen progress like that occurring in Brooklyn and that's what the major issue is for some of us who want FiOS like little old me who's dealing out money to Dish Network and Cablevision :/
what you have poles in your backyard you need to pause that lol
clrana9017

clrana9017 to lexuskool

to lexuskool
I'm down as east as you can get on New York Avenue. From what I see, as an area of East Flatbush with FiOS available, Copper phone lines are in the backyards, but the Fiber lines are in the front sharing poles with Cablevision. So I guess this clears up what is going to happen?
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

jimboe to lexuskool

to lexuskool

Re: Poles in front or back

We have our VZ PSTN pole in the backyard, and Cablevision/Con-Ed pole in the front;

VZ strung the fiber on the front pole, so now there are 3 utils on the front pole.

I suppose it was easier than trying to gain access to all the backyards to string fiber.. HOWEVER, about 3 years ago, the splice group DID replace the entire run on (at least) our block in the backyards, so they DID get permission for that.

I think it was an absolute necessity as many ppl had POTS problems with the existing run (it was ooold) as the insulation was shoddy and rain would frequently cause POTS outages (or at least static for days..)
clrana9017

clrana9017 to lexuskool

to lexuskool

They need to replace my backyard lines too. DSL outages all the time as well as no POTS service for a few days. That's why I went VoIP and now just cellular. Jimboe, what part of BK do you live in?
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

jimboe

bensonhurst
lexuskool
Brooklyn, NY

lexuskool

On bath ave, benson ave, and cropsey ave in bensonhurst are there fiber cables on those avenues? did VERIZON wire the cables up to 14 th ave on all 3 avenues yet? If anyone lives in those areas or passes by those avenues please let us know.
lexuskool

lexuskool

I spoke to a VERIZON tech today and he said that they are right now concentrating on the areas in Brooklyn where the poles are in front of homes because those are the fastest and easiest to wire up the fiber cables on. VERIZON is trying to finish those areas first. Then VERIZON wil need to get access to the back of homes,buildings where the poles are in the back. The VERIZON tech also told me when VERIZON starts doing those areas where the poles are in the back, that when VERIZON starts asking owners/landlords to allow access to the back so that they can run the fiber wire on the poles in those streets. So the owner/landlords that dont allow access will only delay the streets from getting wired. So it is up to the owner/landlords on how fast or smooth it goes to allow access. What happens if the owner/landlord does not allow access does VERIZON have to go to court to get a court order so that they can get access to those poles?