Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Riftwire

join:2012-03-04
Brooklyn, NY
reply to jh2010

Re: [northeast] Brooklyn,NY FIOS Deployments

Anyone here in the Borum Hill area namely around state street? I saw some trucks not to long ago, and was wondering if anyone has been wired up or had any work done in there backyard?

Been waiting for so many years to upgrade from my crappy ADSL and there's no way i'm signing with TW!!

erasure

join:2012-07-01
Brooklyn, NY
any updated news on 11209 area? i remember around 2010 august i spoke face to face with a Verizon field worker out of a van on 84th and 4th, who lived around ft. hamilton and 95 or whatever, and said we're getting it com jan... 2011... lol?

after that, seemed like zero activity / updates about the heart of bayridge.

jh2010

join:2009-09-03
Brooklyn, NY
reply to jh2010
I think it depends on the street. Some Apartments on my block have FIOS and others don't(APT issues are due to landlords not signing agreeements with Verizon). A house we were were looking at buying(two blocks away) has FIOS available. As stated above, the cables have been in our streets and backyard for almost a year.

wdufresne

join:2003-07-08
Brooklyn, NY
reply to lexuskool
None afaik in North Park Slope 11217 and 11215.

In spring 2010 a FIOS engineer claimed to have surveyed the enclosed backyards between Montgomery Place and Carroll Street, after cable splicers replaced several hundred feet of failed fifty-five year old copper plant. (Thousands of feet if you measure by the strand: NYS PSC urged the copper replacement after the umpteenth landline outage, after I'd lost service for months on end.) The FIOS engineer claimed they'd start "shortly".

erasure

join:2012-07-01
Brooklyn, NY
reply to lexuskool
i do get that some places have it within this hood, but does it seem accurate to say that there have been no new fios activations the past 12 -18 months?

leo81486

join:2010-10-21
Brooklyn, NY
reply to erasure
pole n box was installed. long long time ago.
but still haven't see anything with the wires.

so another few months i guess.

T1249NTSCJ9

join:2007-01-25
Ridgewood, NY
So I was driving through Brooklyn and Ridgewood and noticed quite a few Verizon installations going on. New thick wire run from as far as Fresh Pond Rd to Myrtle Avenue. No idea if this is FiOS or not but residents in that area should keep an eye open and ask the next time a Verizon truck is out in your area.

HardwareGeek

join:2003-11-15
Brooklyn, NY
Frespond Rd, to Myrtle Ave is Glendale still Queens. You gotta cross the cemetery to get into Bk but the other side of the cemetery is cypress hills and we already have FiOS
--
Email/MSN: Michael at hardwaregeeks.comAIM: MikeR35292

mespared

join:2001-10-11
Ridgewood, NY
reply to T1249NTSCJ9
Ridgewood is being wired. My block is already done. It's Harman St near Metropolitan. I was told by Verizon that we would be provisioned by the beginning of September at the latest. They are currently wiring Woodward, or Onderdonk.

HardwareGeek

join:2003-11-15
Brooklyn, NY
My girlfriend who is on 62nd and cooper is wired but not lit.
--
Email/MSN: Michael at hardwaregeeks.comAIM: MikeR35292

T1249NTSCJ9

Ridgewood, NY
reply to mespared
There seems to be alot of that going on right now.
For the most part these areas seem to be completed but have yet to be powered on.
September seems to make sense given that there are a handful of schools in the Ridgewood area.
I'll just leave this here for future use.
»communities.verizon.com/fiosavail/?

Dunlin

@rr.com
I cant believe it's getting close to 2013 and still no verizon fios in park slope Brooklyn. I would take a guess that more than 50% of the people here would leave time warner cable the first week fios is available !!! Come on Verizon get to work !!!

clrana9017

join:2009-05-12
I live in Cablevision territory, which is just a little bit better, and I look at my sad unused fiber and uninstalled cabinet every day waiting for Verizon to make some progress.

fatal

join:2000-12-29
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Dunlin
said by Dunlin :

I cant believe it's getting close to 2013 and still no verizon fios in park slope Brooklyn. I would take a guess that more than 50% of the people here would leave time warner cable the first week fios is available !!! Come on Verizon get to work !!!

I'm one of those people please take my money Verizon PLEASE!

Eddy120876

join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY
reply to lexuskool
Hey folks just a friendly reminder. Lets be Thankful we live in NYC and not in other state. Why you say be thankful simple because one of mayor Bloombergs great idea. When FIOS asked the city for TV right the mayor made then sign a legal binding contract that stated that the city of NY has to be completed wired by 2014 or they will get heavily fine. So they better move or they will get a huge fine

clrana9017

unless they wiggle their way out of it like they did in a certain state promised fiber years and years ago.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
Well Know Mayor Bloomberg I doubt they will wiggle out without paying a huge fine. The mayor knows how to make business pay. LOL I know his a politicians but Im glad he's not trying to screw the consumers this time.

leo81486

join:2010-10-21
Brooklyn, NY
why not~~~
do u think he really just make $1 a year.
he made way more than multi mils ayear with his power..
so if they pay him right, i don't think Verizon will have a big fine..

PoloDude
Premium,VIP
join:2006-03-29
Northport, NY
kudos:3
reply to Eddy120876
Hey Eddy, He's not that smart. that is the same deal(LFA) that every other municipality signed with Verizon.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to leo81486
Hence why hes only taking a dollar from the city..LOL

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to PoloDude
Well the day our dear Major works i doubt they will not get away without paying. The guy is a shark

T1249NTSCJ9

Ridgewood, NY
reply to mespared
Work being done on Woodward atm and I asked when it'll be up and running and his best guess was in about 2 weeks. Tech said they'll be doing alot of work in the area until then.

Eagleeye

@myvzw.com
reply to lexuskool
I saw the Verizon fiber optics tech workers in my neighborhood of East Flatbush/ Wingate section on the morning of Saturday, August 25! The workers were installing lines all across East 42nd street near Albany Ave, Clarkson Ave & Lenox Rd. I was so elated! However they haven't reached my building as of yet. That made a little sad.
I always try to converse with Verizon tech guys to get an understanding as to when they will be covering all of brooklyn. One tech worker told me that they are deploying 24 workers a week all around brooklyn to get this project done...and By 2014 or maybe sooner, Brooklyn will be Fios filled! Keep smiling guys and be strong. VF will be here before you know it!

fatal

Brooklyn, NY
said by Eagleeye :

I saw the Verizon fiber optics tech workers in my neighborhood of East Flatbush/ Wingate section on the morning of Saturday, August 25! The workers were installing lines all across East 42nd street near Albany Ave, Clarkson Ave & Lenox Rd. I was so elated! However they haven't reached my building as of yet. That made a little sad.
I always try to converse with Verizon tech guys to get an understanding as to when they will be covering all of brooklyn. One tech worker told me that they are deploying 24 workers a week all around brooklyn to get this project done...and By 2014 or maybe sooner, Brooklyn will be Fios filled! Keep smiling guys and be strong. VF will be here before you know it!

24 workers for all of brooklyn? by 2014 no way maybe 2024

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
The laying of the fiber on utility poles is not a hard job. don't quote me on the amount of workers need to put fiber in a utility pole but from what i saw in NJ 10 of then did half a town. The hard part was going home to home wiring.

fatal

Brooklyn, NY
said by Eddy120876:

The laying of the fiber on utility poles is not a hard job. don't quote me on the amount of workers need to put fiber in a utility pole but from what i saw in NJ 10 of then did half a town. The hard part was going home to home wiring.

My part of brooklyn has poles in the back yards they gotta climb fences and what not

clrana9017

reply to Eagleeye
That is so close to me, haha. I'm in PLG, but maybe we're served by the same CO?

rboris

join:2001-03-20
Brooklyn, NY
reply to lexuskool
Boerum Hill
Verizon is stringing backyards between Dean/Pacific/Nevins/Bond.
Pacific/Atlantic/Nevins/Bond is next.

Riftwire

join:2012-03-04
Brooklyn, NY
Any ideas on when they might hit state street? Its encouraging hearing there so close, iv been waiting for soooooooo long.

rboris

join:2001-03-20
Brooklyn, NY
many VZ trucks on Atlantic Avenue two weeks ago. then trucks appeared on Dean/Pacific. Next time you see one of the trucks ask the technicians. they have the inside dope.but i suspect soon.