Search similar:

uniqs

T1249NTSCJ9
join:2007-01-25
Ridgewood, NY

T1249NTSCJ9 to mespared

to mespared

Re: [northeast] Brooklyn,NY FIOS Deployments

There seems to be alot of that going on right now.
For the most part these areas seem to be completed but have yet to be powered on.
September seems to make sense given that there are a handful of schools in the Ridgewood area.
I'll just leave this here for future use.
»communities.verizon.com/ ··· savail/?

Dunlin
@rr.com

Dunlin

Anon

I cant believe it's getting close to 2013 and still no verizon fios in park slope Brooklyn. I would take a guess that more than 50% of the people here would leave time warner cable the first week fios is available !!! Come on Verizon get to work !!!
clrana9017
join:2009-05-12

clrana9017

I live in Cablevision territory, which is just a little bit better, and I look at my sad unused fiber and uninstalled cabinet every day waiting for Verizon to make some progress.

fatal
join:2000-12-29
Brooklyn, NY

fatal to Dunlin

to Dunlin
said by Dunlin :

I cant believe it's getting close to 2013 and still no verizon fios in park slope Brooklyn. I would take a guess that more than 50% of the people here would leave time warner cable the first week fios is available !!! Come on Verizon get to work !!!

I'm one of those people please take my money Verizon PLEASE!

Eddy120876
join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876 to lexuskool

to lexuskool
Hey folks just a friendly reminder. Lets be Thankful we live in NYC and not in other state. Why you say be thankful simple because one of mayor Bloombergs great idea. When FIOS asked the city for TV right the mayor made then sign a legal binding contract that stated that the city of NY has to be completed wired by 2014 or they will get heavily fine. So they better move or they will get a huge fine
clrana9017

clrana9017

unless they wiggle their way out of it like they did in a certain state promised fiber years and years ago.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

Well Know Mayor Bloomberg I doubt they will wiggle out without paying a huge fine. The mayor knows how to make business pay. LOL I know his a politicians but Im glad he's not trying to screw the consumers this time.
leo81486
join:2010-10-21
Brooklyn, NY

leo81486

why not~~~
do u think he really just make $1 a year.
he made way more than multi mils ayear with his power..
so if they pay him right, i don't think Verizon will have a big fine..

PoloDude
Premium Member
join:2006-03-29
Aiken, SC

PoloDude to Eddy120876

Premium Member

to Eddy120876
Hey Eddy, He's not that smart. that is the same deal(LFA) that every other municipality signed with Verizon.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876 to leo81486

to leo81486
Hence why hes only taking a dollar from the city..LOL
Eddy120876

Eddy120876 to PoloDude

to PoloDude
Well the day our dear Major works i doubt they will not get away without paying. The guy is a shark

T1249NTSCJ9
join:2007-01-25
Ridgewood, NY

T1249NTSCJ9 to mespared

to mespared
Work being done on Woodward atm and I asked when it'll be up and running and his best guess was in about 2 weeks. Tech said they'll be doing alot of work in the area until then.

Eagleeye
@myvzw.com

Eagleeye to lexuskool

Anon

to lexuskool
I saw the Verizon fiber optics tech workers in my neighborhood of East Flatbush/ Wingate section on the morning of Saturday, August 25! The workers were installing lines all across East 42nd street near Albany Ave, Clarkson Ave & Lenox Rd. I was so elated! However they haven't reached my building as of yet. That made a little sad.
I always try to converse with Verizon tech guys to get an understanding as to when they will be covering all of brooklyn. One tech worker told me that they are deploying 24 workers a week all around brooklyn to get this project done...and By 2014 or maybe sooner, Brooklyn will be Fios filled! Keep smiling guys and be strong. VF will be here before you know it!

fatal
Brooklyn, NY

fatal

said by Eagleeye :

I saw the Verizon fiber optics tech workers in my neighborhood of East Flatbush/ Wingate section on the morning of Saturday, August 25! The workers were installing lines all across East 42nd street near Albany Ave, Clarkson Ave & Lenox Rd. I was so elated! However they haven't reached my building as of yet. That made a little sad.
I always try to converse with Verizon tech guys to get an understanding as to when they will be covering all of brooklyn. One tech worker told me that they are deploying 24 workers a week all around brooklyn to get this project done...and By 2014 or maybe sooner, Brooklyn will be Fios filled! Keep smiling guys and be strong. VF will be here before you know it!

24 workers for all of brooklyn? by 2014 no way maybe 2024

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

The laying of the fiber on utility poles is not a hard job. don't quote me on the amount of workers need to put fiber in a utility pole but from what i saw in NJ 10 of then did half a town. The hard part was going home to home wiring.

fatal
Brooklyn, NY

fatal

said by Eddy120876:

The laying of the fiber on utility poles is not a hard job. don't quote me on the amount of workers need to put fiber in a utility pole but from what i saw in NJ 10 of then did half a town. The hard part was going home to home wiring.

My part of brooklyn has poles in the back yards they gotta climb fences and what not
clrana9017

clrana9017 to Eagleeye

to Eagleeye
That is so close to me, haha. I'm in PLG, but maybe we're served by the same CO?
rboris
join:2001-03-20
Brooklyn, NY

rboris to lexuskool

to lexuskool
Boerum Hill
Verizon is stringing backyards between Dean/Pacific/Nevins/Bond.
Pacific/Atlantic/Nevins/Bond is next.
Riftwire0
join:2012-03-04
Brooklyn, NY

Riftwire0

Any ideas on when they might hit state street? Its encouraging hearing there so close, iv been waiting for soooooooo long.
rboris
join:2001-03-20
Brooklyn, NY

rboris

many VZ trucks on Atlantic Avenue two weeks ago. then trucks appeared on Dean/Pacific. Next time you see one of the trucks ask the technicians. they have the inside dope.but i suspect soon.

Tonice2007
Premium Member
join:2005-12-20
Brooklyn, NY

Tonice2007 to lexuskool

Premium Member

to lexuskool
Today, I notice that on 8th Ave, in Brooklyn, around 48- 58th Street there were alot of Verizion truck, working on Fiber since it looks like the fiber has already been "stringed".

Also, on 40th between 9th and 8th Aves fiber has already been "stringed" also, just haven't seen any activity about bringing the fiber to the residenets sine on that block it's alot of apartment buildings...
leo81486
Brooklyn, NY

leo81486

Verizon fios workers r hanging wires on my block.
70st ridge blvd.
when i asked those workers, they told me , they only wiring those big condo buildings as of now, not sure about other small houses.
i asked him why, since it's on the same block, they said: they had no idea ,they only do what the company tells them to do.
lennoz
join:2008-12-04
Brooklyn, NY

lennoz

Any news on 11218, Windsor Terrace/Kensington area deployment?

fatal
Brooklyn, NY

fatal

any updates?

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

Hey bud

I see you backyard has a lot of obstructions but i think they can manage to wire your place. It might take a little longer but they can do it. Sorry i had to replay here but the site wouldn't let me because the post was supposedly over 90 days old.
leo81486
Brooklyn, NY

leo81486

who r u talking to?

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

If you notice who i was replaying you would had know who I was talking to. But to help you I was talking to Fatal hence why i posted under his last post.
lexuskool
join:2001-04-25
Brooklyn, NY

lexuskool to Tonice2007

to Tonice2007
what is with this slowdown it feels like they dont feel like putting up fiber. the cable companies when they put lines in ground or on poles they dont take that long. i spoke with verizin and they said all of new york will be wired by end of 2015. where do we fit into this i dont know. i live in sunset park. and they put conduit 3 blocks away from me and that was 2 years ago. how long does it take to do a couple of blocks over too long whoever has there layout planned out is going all over the place. they don't do it block by block like the cable companies. to make you people laugh the cable companies would put fiber up quicker than verizon. if anybody knows about sinset park let me know.

tito79
join:2010-03-14
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79 to lexuskool

to lexuskool
Used to live in sunsetpark they have 40s through 50s live and wired for atleast 2 years now.

fatal
Brooklyn, NY

fatal

this ain't true they are wiring now some blocks are live not all and def not no 2 years