Search similar:

uniqs

tito79
join:2010-03-14
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79 to fatal

to fatal

Re: [northeast] Brooklyn,NY FIOS Deployments

used to live on 51 street next door neighbor has fios.I see his ont on his back yard.

fatal
join:2000-12-29
Brooklyn, NY

fatal

said by tito79:

used to live on 51 street next door neighbor has fios.I see his ont on his back yard.

right but not every block between in the 40s and 50s are wired like you stated above
fatal

1 edit

fatal

i know the following blocks are wired 47th st from 3rd ave to 5th ave 46st between 4th and 5th 49st between 6th and 7th 49th st between 4th and 5th and some others but see the gaps? im on 47th and 3rd and no fios while on the 4th ave side of 47st they have fios before that i lived on 40th st they came and burried some lines and never came back (that was 2 years ago)a quick check on the fios site shows no fios on 40th yet

tito79
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79

well u have to look into that because theres fiber all the way down through lower 40s.Unless you live in a building that's where the the stopages are at.

fatal
Brooklyn, NY

fatal

said by tito79:

well u have to look into that because theres fiber all the way down through lower 40s.Unless you live in a building that's where the the stopages are at.

thats also false buiding on 47th st has fios look it up
370 47th st brooklyn ny 11220 and other big building have fios if the block is wired the fact is that sunset park is not fully wired. and by the way i don't live in a building

tito79
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79

Well then the landlord has approved it then. You should look into it as I saw lots of fiber being pulled in under the BQE going north bound and south bound.during the past summer.

fatal
Brooklyn, NY

fatal

lol i want fios so trust me i have looked my block just aint wired this is a verizon thing not a landlord thing for me

tito79
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79

You should try calling fiber solutions.
tito79

tito79

Another reason if no one lets them in there backyard they cant proceed with the install.
leo81486
join:2010-10-21
Brooklyn, NY

leo81486 to lexuskool

to lexuskool
seen lots of verizon fios installings around 60th st 8th ave areas
jorgemvaldez
join:2013-02-25

jorgemvaldez to lexuskool

to lexuskool
Live on 51 btwn 6th and 7th. No fiber here . It looks like they have all the 40's and 50's hung and lit up to 5th ave. Even Charlies Pizzeria has fios I honestly haven't even seen a truck in the area for a while.

tito79
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79

ahh I ate there since I was 6 years old good ol Charlie.

fatal
Brooklyn, NY

fatal

Yippppee just got this email '' Thank you for your recent inquiry about the availability of FiOS TV in your building.

We have negotiated access to your building and the FiOS TV construction process is underway. FiOS will be in your building soon.''

Anyone know how long it takes once they start wiring?

IM on 47th St between 2ND and 3rd for those interested

tito79
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79

First thing check to see if the fiber is already in the building or on the pole.

fatal
Brooklyn, NY

fatal

From what I can tell no fiber on the pole

tito79
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79

Where my parents live near you the fiber is rolled behind the building on the pole in the backyard there just waiting for owners approval.
tito79

tito79

Good luck getting fios.

fatal
Brooklyn, NY

fatal

so today as i was leaving for work i seen a verizon van and a guy was spray painting the streets with orange paint hopefully it wont be long lol
leo81486
join:2010-10-21
Brooklyn, NY

leo81486

they done that on my block almost 2 years ago.
still haven't done anything.

fatal
Brooklyn, NY

fatal

said by leo81486:

they done that on my block almost 2 years ago.
still haven't done anything.

well i also got an email from verizon saying my building will be getting fios soon so hopefully soon they come back to run the fiber

DarkScythe
join:2007-09-10
Brooklyn, NY

DarkScythe

Lucky.

I saw the markings on my street and all that stuff as well, and being one block from the CO, I thought it'd be soon, but alas. They started on the street next to me and moved in the opposite direction, and we still don't have it.
I honestly have no idea when they'll ever bother setting us up, but I finally had to switch to OOL, as I simply could not deal with their crappy DSL anymore.

fatal
Brooklyn, NY

fatal

bump anyone got any news? still waiting here :-(
smanes
join:2002-03-31
Brooklyn, NY

smanes to lexuskool

to lexuskool
FIOS installation in progress in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn at Ridge Blvd @ Senator Street. Pole up, trenching completed on Senator west of Ridge, cable pull across back yard poles began last week.

AFAICT, this will only service customers on the two blocks bordered by 68th St & Senator, 3rd Ave to Colonial. No ETA when work will commence for neighboring blocks.

fatal
Brooklyn, NY

fatal

yeah verizon has turtles doing the fios work that's why it's taking so freaking long
lexuskool
join:2001-04-25
Brooklyn, NY

lexuskool

I remember back in the 80's when time warner cable was bringing cable to brooklyn. the cable company didn't take long they wired by avenues and by block to block not skipping avenues and blocks. verizon should hire their contractors so they could finish the job sooner. verizon is wiring by co's. in sunset park my co is 14 ave. i noticed on the permits they are wiring 77 st co which has blocks in sunset park. does anyone know when from 60 street to 39 th street between 5 th and 6 th aves they will start wiring. i know they did up to 5 th ave on these streets. they also did 7 th avenue between these streets. but they skipped 5 th and 6 th avenue. i'm in between. 46 between 4 th and 5 th avenue has it. i am one block away. how frustrating can that be. i hope they dont decide to leave some places without fios. i read a article on internet stating some places may be left out. i spoke to someone at verizon and they said new york will be finished by end of 2015.
clrana9017
join:2009-05-12

clrana9017 to lexuskool

to lexuskool
After Verizon came and did some random and sporadic work on my block, FiOS finally became available in PLG, Flatbush! Goodbye, Optimum and Dish Network! Just ordered myself a Double Play with Prime HD and 75/35!

PsychoStreak
join:2000-06-27
Brooklyn, NY

PsychoStreak

@clrana9017:Did they contact you or did you have to call them to get it?

Also, can you post back when they actually install it? I'm curious to know what the lag time between ordering and installation will be like.

The trucks have been running cable in East Flatbush for the past few weeks. They did my block last week, but still no word on when those lines will go live.

You're in the neighborhood just to the north of me (literally 2 blocks south and 3 east), so I'm hoping we're next. Verizon has dragged their feet for so long though I don't want to get my hopes up only to have them dashed.
clrana9017
join:2009-05-12

clrana9017

They left a sticker on my door saying to inquire about FiOS, so I went online and ordered a package because I had a promo code to get $5.00 a month for twelve months.

The installation went relatively smoothly, but I do have some issues that are going to be corrected by a technician on Sunday. My backup battery, for some reason, is not working, which I find weird because it was a fresh install. Also, one of my set-top boxes is not getting a proper signal, so some channels are missing. Some of them have their SD counterparts working properly but their HD versions will not load. Other than that, it was pretty quick and easy.

I wouldn't worry about your neighborhood not getting FiOS. NYC is still under contract under 2014. Believe me, I almost lost hope myself. Now, I am a happy FiOS customer after waiting for it to come for the past eight years.

I could have had it installed two days after they left their calling card, but I chose a week where I could take the day off. So, I delayed my installation by about a week. Also, the fiber hubs weren't up yet, but they went up the day after I got the calling card. It was weird.

PoloDude
Premium Member
join:2006-03-29
Aiken, SC

PoloDude

Premium Member

How did you determine that your BBU is not working properly? It is only to keepr the dialtone up.

What is on the screen of the channels that you are not getting? Which package are you subscribed to?

fatal
Brooklyn, NY

fatal

any news guys?