StreetSpirit
This spot reserved for Xenu.
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Roslyn, NY

StreetSpirit

Premium Member

True that!

I'm still waiting and hoping they'll eventually get to the other side of Belt Pkwy, Jimbo. But you're absolutely right! (mumbles a few choice words about luck! xD)

J/k, I'm enjoying OOL while it's working well enough. Currently downloading at just over 30mbps, which is fine with me. I just wish I had a bit more upstream umph..

Cheers-
StreetSpirit

StreetSpirit to gravesendfio

Premium Member

to gravesendfio
said by gravesendfio :

said by StreetSpirit:

Does anyone have FIOS in the 11224 Zip Code, specifically out of the AVE U/W12 CO? And perhaps someone knows on the status of deployment in the Coney Island area.

Lastly, thanks for posting the MDU signup line, Trudy.

Thanks in advance
i get it on west 7th between ave t & u
To the guy with FIOS on west 7th - Do you know which CO serves you? Ave U/W12? Thanks in advance.
lexuskool
join:2001-04-25
Brooklyn, NY

lexuskool

Good news for people liviving in dyker heights , bensonhurst, parts of bay ridge and sunset park. anyone living between 86 th street and 62nd street from 10 th ave and up can get/order fios and some from 8th to 10 th ave can also start ordering there will be some blocks in between or certain aves that may not be lit yet but this is a very good sign that more and more places are getting fios. go to verizonfios.com. i can confirm up to 62 nd street and 8th ave has fios and they can start ordering. if anybody else has feedback in those areas or others close to those to post. those that can order can get phone internet and fios tv too all three services are available. those cable and satellite companies are finally going to have competition. i also read on another post and article on dslreports that verizon is considering buying directv. remember when att wanted to buy directv. the last thing is i am waiting for someone to post if they see verizon putting up fiber cables on poles in back of homes in bay ridge then that will be another good sign. i hope this helped people out for those that did not get notified by verizon yet.

kk2
@sbcglobal.net

kk2

Anon

Majority.. if not all of Bensonhurts is NOT wired for fios. Most of the houses have backyard pole.
hawk_NY
join:2009-04-16
Brooklyn, NY

hawk_NY to lexuskool

to lexuskool

Im in 11214 isnt this considered Bensonhurst? I'm wired as of June 09 bud.

jgz
@optonline.net

jgz

Anon

i'm in 11214 on benson ave bay 13th street.

i been waiting for fios for 2 years now. My cable(cablevision) is wired through the pole in front of my house but i do see a backyard pole in my neighbors yard running through the house connected next to me.

does that mean i have a backyard pole?

i keep checking the site on verizon.com and it still just offers me regular DSL. Anyone know if it will be available soon in my area? because i don't want to order NBA league pass which lasts for an entire season and have FiOS available soon -_-
hawk_NY
join:2009-04-16
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

hawk_NY to lexuskool

to lexuskool
Hi jgz,

I got wired via the pole in front of my house bud. There online fios check never showed that my address was available for it until one Saturday a fios guy should up and asked me if I wanted to get installed. I gave him my info and in ten days had the tech guy over. Heck most of my buds on Bay 31st have it.

Hawk
bkch0
join:2001-08-08
Schaumburg, IL

bkch0

My parents are in 11214... 83rd street.
Poles are in the backyard.
FIOS is not available according to their website and customer service.
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

jimboe

said by bkch0:

My parents are in 11214... 83rd street.
Poles are in the backyard.
FIOS is not available according to their website and customer service.
Re: Poles being in the backyard

fatal
join:2000-12-29
Brooklyn, NY

fatal to lexuskool

to lexuskool
well i will be getting my fios very soon how do you ask? am moving 3 blocks over to a block that has fios available yup i couldn't wait any longer so am packing my stuff up and moving anyone wanna help me move?
lexuskool
Brooklyn, NY

lexuskool

spoke to verizon tech he mentioned first all poles in front of homes/buildings will be wired first then the last phase to wire the rest of Brooklyn will be to wire up all poles in the back of homes/buildings.
lexuskool

lexuskool

more fiber wiring being done in bensonhurst and dyker heights on poles in front of homes. tech said they are fully wiring these areas to complete so that verizon can start doing other areas in Brooklyn.
Dark Knight2
join:2009-10-04

1 edit

Dark Knight2

my town was the first town in the U.S. to get Fios and up until about a year ago it still said fios wasn't available for my address, even though I had it since day one...so I would try to find other means of verifying if its available to you than their website
lexuskool
Brooklyn, NY

lexuskool

there is possible slow down going on in fios deployments i just hope it doesnt majorly slow down deployment in brooklyn or other parts of new york. does any one know if we we will be affected by this slow down?
brooklynali
join:2007-05-17
Minneapolis, MN

brooklynali to lexuskool

to lexuskool
I'm in the Clinton Hill section of Brooklyn, near the border with Bed-Stuy just barely into zip code 11216 and in CB3, (79th Pct). I'm right off Franklin Ave, some of which I know has been covered by FIOS already. Anyone have any info on this area of Brooklyn? I know that Ft. Greene to the west of me and almost all of the neighborhoods east of me have been hooked up. Any info at all would be great, as I'm done with Cablevision.
mystiky2
join:2009-01-05
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

mystiky2 to lexuskool

to lexuskool
Anyone know when FIOS is coming to the area of Brooklyn:

Between Ridge Blvd / 3rd Avenue and 75th and 77th street.

I see someone got their FIOS on 11th Avenue and 77th.

The funny thing is that the local Verizon CO is located on 3rd avenue and 77th and as far as I can tell, still not here.

Anyone know anything? The ZIP here is 11209 and prefix is 718-238-xxxx
lexuskool
Brooklyn, NY

lexuskool

Did you see Verizon techs putting up wires/cables on your back poles where there is one wire for your cable tv, one wire for your copper landline and now if you see a third wire on the poles going down your block then verizon did run fiber cables then it you will have it within 6 months. if you don't see a third wire on the pole then a lot of us with poles in back of homes are waiting for verizon to run fiber cables on poles in back of homes. I am waiting to see if anyone in bay ridge that has poles in back of there home for someone to post here. Once someone posts and sees verizon putting up fiber cables in back of homes then that is good news that it won't be long. Verizon is wiring bay ridge now but were exactly they are now we wont know until someone posts. i know up to 7 th ave between 86 th street and 62 nd there has been wiring done for poles in front. i want to see from 7 th ave to shore road between 101 st street and 65 th street if there is any wiring being done in those streets so i am waiting for someone to confirm. please let me know if you see a third wire on your pole.
freyjabj
join:2009-09-18
Brooklyn, NY

freyjabj to kk2

to kk2
Also depends if you have polls out front. In Dyker Heights the telephone polls are in the back yard and the electric / cable are on the street. Verizon rolled out FIOS on the front polls here.

kamm
join:2001-02-14
Brooklyn, NY

kamm to lexuskool

to lexuskool
Any news form Brooklyn, particularly from 11215?

BurgerMyster
@verizon.net

BurgerMyster to lexuskool

Anon

to lexuskool
Any news for 11211?
lexuskool
Brooklyn, NY

lexuskool

anybody see any fios work being done in brooklyn?

datguybk
@optonline.net

datguybk to lexuskool

Anon

to lexuskool
i just ordered fios for my house on 71st and 12th, zip code 11228, the poles are in the front of my neighbors house, i saw them parked there for a couple days about a couple of months ago
betadragon
join:2007-04-26
Brooklyn, NY

betadragon

I"m on 66th between 13th and 14th ave. Says its still not availible. Anyone nearby have it? Praying for it soon can't wait to ditch Time Warner.

Me616east18
@optonline.net

Me616east18 to lexuskool

Anon

to lexuskool
I'm on E 18th Street in Ditmas Park. First they dug a trench on my block from a man-hole on the corner (Foster Ave) to the front of the 70-unit building across the street from mine, mid-block. That was in August, September and October 2009 over many sporradic days of construction and trench-digging and paving. Then, last week, around New Year's 2010, we had about 10 Fios trucks parked on our street for most of the day a few days in a row.. what a spectacle! My building signed the Licensing Agreement in mid-November and we're waiting for engineers to call us to survey our 70 unit building as a prelude to wiring the hallways so that individual residents can purchase Fios plans of their own. I check in with Verizon but they cannot tell me when to expect that call (other than "within the next three months") nor can they tell me what the 10 trucks were doing on my block. Oh well. Good things are worth waiting for, I guess.

pita1974
@citicorp.com

pita1974 to lexuskool

Anon

to lexuskool
Does anyone know when Fios will be available in the 11230 zip code?
lexuskool
Brooklyn, NY

lexuskool to Me616east18

to Me616east18
those 10 fios trucks were most likely running the conduit for the fiber or running the fiber itself. you'll probably have it within 6 months as long as everything keeps going smooth and there is no obstructions. you shouls also see fiber being run throughout the whole building and going through floor levels like the ones in other buildings.

jman0080
@ibm.com

jman0080 to lexuskool

Anon

to lexuskool
This morning I saw a few Verizon trucks outside my block, bay 7th 11228. I asked them what they were installing, and they told me its FIOS. They said usually it takes 2-3months after they do the initial wiring before it becomes active .
lexuskool
Brooklyn, NY

lexuskool

anyone see any fios trucks or verizon techs putting up fiber on the poles in any area of Brooklyn?
lexuskool

lexuskool

this is from verizons website Verizon Continues Rollout of FiOS TV in New York City

Revolutionary All-Fiber-Optic TV Network Now Available in Parts of 253 Neighborhoods Across the City

News Release
NEW YORK – January 28, 2010 –
Last year was a busy time for Verizon in New York City as it continues to roll out its revolutionary FiOS TV service across all five boroughs. And the rollout will continue this year as well.

In 2009, the company expanded the service into an additional 140 neighborhoods, located throughout the five boroughs, bringing its all-fiber-optic network to a total of about 810,000 households. As a result, the company's FiOS TV service is now available in parts of 253 neighborhoods. The service was launched in the city in July 2008 in 108 neighborhoods.

(See list of all FiOS TV neighborhoods at the end of this news release.)

And FiOS TV is expected to be available in parts of dozens more neighborhoods by the end of this year.

"Rollout of FiOS TV is on the fast track in the city," said Christopher Creager, president of Verizon's Northeast region. "We've continued to add features and have made numerous enhancements to FiOS TV since we first launched it in the city. As we expand into more areas, and build our fiber network deeper into neighborhoods where we've already installed fiber, more and more customers are able to take advantage of the better viewing and customer-service experience that FiOS TV brings them. Most importantly, New Yorkers in these new areas now have a choice in their TV provider."

Creager said that the company is on course with the deployment schedules established in the franchise agreement the company reached with the city in 2008, which calls for the company to build out its all-fiber-optics network to all parts of all five boroughs by mid-2014.

"Consumers across the city contact us each day asking when Verizon FiOS will be in their neighborhoods," said Creager. "We're focused on installing the fiber-optic cables in each borough, and then making the behind-the-scenes network improvements in order to deliver FiOS TV to as many New Yorkers as possible."