@verizon.net
reply to lexuskool

Re: [northeast] Brooklyn,NY FIOS Deployments

Any news for 11211?

lexuskool

join:2001-04-25
Brooklyn, NY
reply to lexuskool
anybody see any fios work being done in brooklyn?

datguybk

@optonline.net
reply to lexuskool
i just ordered fios for my house on 71st and 12th, zip code 11228, the poles are in the front of my neighbors house, i saw them parked there for a couple days about a couple of months ago

betadragon

join:2007-04-26
Brooklyn, NY
I"m on 66th between 13th and 14th ave. Says its still not availible. Anyone nearby have it? Praying for it soon can't wait to ditch Time Warner.

Me616east18

@optonline.net
reply to lexuskool
I'm on E 18th Street in Ditmas Park. First they dug a trench on my block from a man-hole on the corner (Foster Ave) to the front of the 70-unit building across the street from mine, mid-block. That was in August, September and October 2009 over many sporradic days of construction and trench-digging and paving. Then, last week, around New Year's 2010, we had about 10 Fios trucks parked on our street for most of the day a few days in a row.. what a spectacle! My building signed the Licensing Agreement in mid-November and we're waiting for engineers to call us to survey our 70 unit building as a prelude to wiring the hallways so that individual residents can purchase Fios plans of their own. I check in with Verizon but they cannot tell me when to expect that call (other than "within the next three months") nor can they tell me what the 10 trucks were doing on my block. Oh well. Good things are worth waiting for, I guess.

pita1974

@citicorp.com
reply to lexuskool
Does anyone know when Fios will be available in the 11230 zip code?

lexuskool

Brooklyn, NY
reply to Me616east18
those 10 fios trucks were most likely running the conduit for the fiber or running the fiber itself. you'll probably have it within 6 months as long as everything keeps going smooth and there is no obstructions. you shouls also see fiber being run throughout the whole building and going through floor levels like the ones in other buildings.

jman0080

@ibm.com
reply to lexuskool
This morning I saw a few Verizon trucks outside my block, bay 7th 11228. I asked them what they were installing, and they told me its FIOS. They said usually it takes 2-3months after they do the initial wiring before it becomes active .

lexuskool

Brooklyn, NY
reply to lexuskool
anyone see any fios trucks or verizon techs putting up fiber on the poles in any area of Brooklyn?

lexuskool

Brooklyn, NY
reply to lexuskool
this is from verizons website Verizon Continues Rollout of FiOS TV in New York City

Revolutionary All-Fiber-Optic TV Network Now Available in Parts of 253 Neighborhoods Across the City

News Release
NEW YORK – January 28, 2010 –
Last year was a busy time for Verizon in New York City as it continues to roll out its revolutionary FiOS TV service across all five boroughs. And the rollout will continue this year as well.

In 2009, the company expanded the service into an additional 140 neighborhoods, located throughout the five boroughs, bringing its all-fiber-optic network to a total of about 810,000 households. As a result, the company's FiOS TV service is now available in parts of 253 neighborhoods. The service was launched in the city in July 2008 in 108 neighborhoods.

(See list of all FiOS TV neighborhoods at the end of this news release.)

And FiOS TV is expected to be available in parts of dozens more neighborhoods by the end of this year.

"Rollout of FiOS TV is on the fast track in the city," said Christopher Creager, president of Verizon's Northeast region. "We've continued to add features and have made numerous enhancements to FiOS TV since we first launched it in the city. As we expand into more areas, and build our fiber network deeper into neighborhoods where we've already installed fiber, more and more customers are able to take advantage of the better viewing and customer-service experience that FiOS TV brings them. Most importantly, New Yorkers in these new areas now have a choice in their TV provider."

Creager said that the company is on course with the deployment schedules established in the franchise agreement the company reached with the city in 2008, which calls for the company to build out its all-fiber-optics network to all parts of all five boroughs by mid-2014.

"Consumers across the city contact us each day asking when Verizon FiOS will be in their neighborhoods," said Creager. "We're focused on installing the fiber-optic cables in each borough, and then making the behind-the-scenes network improvements in order to deliver FiOS TV to as many New Yorkers as possible."

lexuskool

Brooklyn, NY

1 edit
reply to lexuskool
anyone see any verizon techs/trucks doing any wiring in Brooklyn?

kamm

join:2001-02-14
Brooklyn, NY
On my way in saw a small VZ crane and a VZ service truck parking on 8th Ave, near the corner of 9th St but the woman technician was doing something in the trunk box right at the 7th Ave subway entrance so it's probably only me seeing FIOS everywhere...
--
[BQUOTE=[user=bicker]]Waaaa waaaa waaaa. You just want what you want and don't care to factor in what is right or true. Your perspectives are un-American, and deserve far more ridicule than I'm prepared to pile on them.
[/BQUOTE]

dyker

@optonline.net
reply to lexuskool
Got a letter in 11228 indicating FIOS coming soon. I'm between 14th and 15th Ave in the 70s. I called Verizon and they indicated availability around early April.

broadband412

join:2003-06-17
Brooklyn, NY
reply to lexuskool
Hello, got some questions regarding availability of FIOS. Any Brooklyn housing complexes have FIOS installed? I live in a building that is owned by NYC Housing Authority. I am in zip 11206. Thanks.

karmatized

@rr.com
reply to lexuskool
Work being done in sunset park Brooklyn, 5th avenue and 50ths street, tearing up the street. When asked what they where doing they said they where installing lines for fios. This area is below ground on main avenues and that's a business district. So i assume its feasible, And since out local co station is 14th avenue. It looks like if they haven't already they are going to start running lines down towards 5th soon.

MrBW
Ha Ya Doin'?

join:2003-02-17
Brooklyn, NY
reply to lexuskool
Click for full size
I live in Dyker heights, 14th ave and high 70's st. There is a fios truck outside my house right now! so exciting!

jimboe

join:2000-08-14
New York
can't tell if they're stinging the guider, or the actual fiber there..

If the former, you're about 2-3 months away.

JohnA
Premium
join:2003-09-16
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to MrBW

They're splicing something. There's no HUB on that pole, so maybe it's a split to feed 2 HUBs. Go over and ask, they don't bite.
--
Cut Up The Government's Credit Card - Repeal the 16th Amendment

BkFiOs

@verizon.net
reply to lexuskool
The other side of Canarsie serviced from the Rocakway ave Co is being wired as we speak and most is done and ready for order. Rockaway ave serves East New York, Brownsville, and parts of Canarsie. I believe they have crossed Linden Blvd and are in the process of East New York. If you have pole out front of your homes and are in the noted areas....Fios is on its way shortly.

clrana9017

join:2009-05-12
reply to lexuskool
It's really funny how everywhere around me has FIOS. Literally, around me. Looks like all of Brooklyn is getting FiOS but not East Flatbush We have front poles! Don't discriminate

dgaraffa

join:2000-10-23
Ringwood, NJ

1 edit
reply to lexuskool
Sorry wrong topic...

Lud

join:2000-08-04
Brooklyn, NY
reply to lexuskool
Hey guys, I passed by 13th ave and 67st and I ask one of the guys working with their truck, they told me they're installing fios.

Dan C

@e-nt.net
reply to dgaraffa
I just love how Verizon wires up every other block besides mine. I happen to be on 83rd between 14th and 15th Ave. The problem with me is that there happens to be no utility poles in front of the houses on this particular block. All the utility poles are in the back yard.

I'm guessing verizon needs permission to run the fiber in our back yard? Meanwhile the fiber has been passed through 14th ave and 15th ave...84th street and 82nd etc....but then again, they have utility poles in front of their houses...This blows..

winsyrstrife
River City Bounce
Premium
join:2002-04-30
Brooklyn, NY
reply to clrana9017
said by clrana9017:

It's really funny how everywhere around me has FIOS. Literally, around me. Looks like all of Brooklyn is getting FiOS but not East Flatbush We have front poles! Don't discriminate
FIOS recently became available to me. Near Church & Utica avenues.
--
"Suddenly everything is fainting, falling from a broken ladder's rung. There's a jolt exhilarating from the phone I'm holding...
I hear the words of what I'll become, how eager the hands that reach for love."
- Blind Melon - New Life

clrana9017

join:2009-05-12
Yeah, but you're in real East Flatbush, like the East numbered streets in the Rugby area. I'm in Wingate/Prospect-Lefferts Gardens/East Flatbush. I'm in the middle of a triple venn diagram! You're CB14 while I'm CB9 as well as CB14 in some respects. What central office serves your area?

pita1974

join:2010-01-25
Brooklyn, NY
reply to lexuskool
Does anyone know when Fios will be available on Ave H between East 12th and 16th.

lexuskool

Brooklyn, NY
are the pole in front of the home or in the back of the home? also check to see if there is fiber wire placed on the pole if there are 3 or 4 wires 1 for cable tv 1 for telephone copper y dont knw if you have con ed on that pole but that would be 3 and the fiber wire would be 3 or 4 wire. if its there then within 3 - 6 months you can get service once they light it up.

pita1974

join:2010-01-25
Brooklyn, NY
reply to lexuskool
The poles around me are in back of the houses.

iNeedFiosNow

@24.42.93.x
reply to lexuskool
when will Fios be available around 86th street 4th ave area? We are desperate over here. Please help

lexuskool

Brooklyn, NY
reply to lexuskool
well there is good news for people who have poles in back of their homes. just read on page 5 where it says in sunset park they are tearing up the streets on 5 th ave and laying fiber on the main aves that will feed the fiber going to the backyard poles. the only request i have is if someone sees verizon techs laying fiber underground or on poles please take a picture even if its one of those camera phones and say where this is happening so that we can help each other get a better idea of when fiber is coming. for those asking when you will get fiber just look ans see if there is a 3 rd or 4 th wire on the poles whether its front or in the back of homes and in 3 - 6 months you should have it . or even if you see a verizon techs working in your area go up and ask them. calling verizon verizon and asking when its going to be available is wasting your time cause they dont even know until it is wired and ready to give install. so look at the poles and see if there is 3 rd or 4 th wire on the poles- cable, phone , electric if you have it on poles and then fios fiber cable. if its there then within 3 - 6 months you will have it.