Premium Member
join:2004-06-09
Daytona Beach, FL

2 edits

Ivybridge_I7

Premium Member

Nigerians Phishing for Road Runner email accounts

URL to Cached Result: »coolwhois.com/d/82.128.1 ··· 02003605

canonical name ml82.128.15.13.multilinks.com.
aliases
addresses 82.128.15.13

inetnum: 82.128.0.0 - 82.128.23.255
netname: INET-MLTL
descr: CDMA 1x Dialup Pool

address: Multilinks Telecommunications Limited
address: 231 Adeola Odeku Str.
address: Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria

Received: from unknown (HELO User) (harbingr@iland.net@82.128.15.13)
by ws4-6.us4.outblaze.com with SMTP; 1 Aug 2009 07:26:31 -0000

Reply-To: itochu2009@yahoo.co.jp
Subject: Warning!! Update Your carolina.rr.com Email Account.

--------------------------------

Dear carolina.rr.com Email Account User,

We are advising you to change the password on your email account in order to prevent any unauthorised account access following the network instruction we previously communicated, all Mailhub systems will undergo regularly scheduled maintenance. Access to your e-mail via the Webmail client will be unavailable for some time during this maintenance period.

We are currently upgrading our data base and e-mail account center i.e homepage view. We shall be deleting old email accounts which are no longer active to create more space for new accounts users.we have also investigated a system wide security audit to improve and enhance our current security.

In order to continue using our services you are require to update and re-comfirmed your email account details as requested below.

To complete your account re-comfirmation,you must reply to this email immediately and enter your account details as requested below.

Username (**************)
E-mail Login ID(**********)
Password (**************)
Date of Birth (**************)
Future Password (**************)(Option)

Failure to do this will immediately render your account deactivated from our database and service will not be interrupted as important messages may as well be lost due to your declining to re-comfirmed your account details to us.

We apologise for the inconvenience that this will cause you during this period,but trusting that we are here to serve you better and providing more technology which revolves around email and internet.

It is also pertinent,you understand that our primary concern is for our customers, and for the security of their files and data.

COMFIRMATION CODE: -/93-1A388-480 carolina.rr.com Technical Support Team.

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL

pcdebb

Premium Member

i guess they cover the bases by asking for the future password to get that out of the way

Ivybridge_I7
Cyber-Crime Researcher OpSec
Premium Member
join:2004-06-09
Daytona Beach, FL

Ivybridge_I7

Premium Member

said by pcdebb:

i guess they cover the bases by asking for the future password to get that out of the way
......and while they are at it, they should ask for your I.P. Number, Your Road Runner account number, and if use your email account to do bank transactions.

It's totally insane, naive internet users will give out this information and believe anything that is stated in email.