spc
Search similar:

uniqs

klipko
join:2006-06-28
Portland, OR

klipko

Caller ID

Looks like Cable is coming out ahead with caller ID on TV roll out. I could go ether way if Verizon offered it.

»www.multichannel.com/art ··· west.php

HenryFarpolo
Premium Member
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA

HenryFarpolo

Premium Member

said by klipko:

Looks like Cable is coming out ahead with caller ID on TV roll out. I could go ether way if Verizon offered it.

»www.multichannel.com/art ··· west.php
Caller ID or the absence of caller ID on your TV would be a determining factor on your choice of TV provider??? WOW
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus to klipko

Premium Member

to klipko
I see it as a fluff feature to hold over another provider when I know quite a few people would disable it, or not even have phone service through the same provider.
chrisb4
join:2009-08-01
Brooklyn, NY

chrisb4

said by BlitzenZeus:

I see it as a fluff feature to hold over another provider when I know quite a few people would disable it, or not even have phone service through the same provider.
It is, but was useful at times when I was watching TV and the phone was on the other side of the room.
Baff
join:2007-12-05
Murrieta, CA

Baff to HenryFarpolo

to HenryFarpolo
said by HenryFarpolo:

Caller ID or the absence of caller ID on your TV would be a determining factor on your choice of TV provider??? WOW
No, he is saying that he would flip a coin to decide if he would bother to turn the feature on.
armstrda
join:2008-10-31

armstrda

I woudl think there are many more important things to offer than on screen caller id

klipko
Portland, OR

1 edit

klipko to Baff

to Baff
said by Baff:

said by HenryFarpolo:

No, he is saying that he would flip a coin to decide if he would bother to turn the feature on.
I wouldn't switch because of lack of caller ID on TV. Baff is right.

HenryFarpolo
Premium Member
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA

HenryFarpolo

Premium Member

said by klipko:

said by Baff:

said by HenryFarpolo:

I wouldn't switch because of lack of caller ID on TV. Baff is right.
I should have known you were smarter than that!!

klipko
Portland, OR

klipko

said by HenryFarpolo:

I should have known you were smarter than that!!
Ha ha.

It would take a lot for Comcast to win me back. To date Verizon offers more service for the buck. Faster download/upload speed, ESPN360, multiroom DVR, remote DVR scheduling, more HD channels, more channels in clear QAM, PQ, prettier guide. I can go on.
rifleman69
join:2006-04-12
Beaverton, OR

rifleman69 to klipko

to klipko
As long as there was an opt-out choice, I could not care less about this feature at all.

R e a p e r
join:2008-12-15
Lynnwood, WA

R e a p e r to klipko

to klipko
I had on screen caller ID with DirecTV and Dish Network and it was a nice feature to have, though not essential. I just find it ironic that Verizon, primarilly a telco, doesn't offer this feature while satellite and cable company's do. You would think that this feature would be in Verizon's wheelhouse.
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

The router/gateway, and stbs don't talk to the phone service which is on the ONT itself.

Sat boxes usually needed to be hooked up to a phone line, where Verizon's boxes have never needed a phone line to operate.

In the earlier days Comcast's boxes required a phone line to order ppv, but that was before they were able to fully communicate on the network.
lets456
join:2008-01-21
Hainesport, NJ

1 edit

lets456 to R e a p e r

to R e a p e r
said by R e a p e r:

I had on screen caller ID with DirecTV and Dish Network and it was a nice feature to have, though not essential. I just find it ironic that Verizon, primarilly a telco, doesn't offer this feature while satellite and cable company's do. You would think that this feature would be in Verizon's wheelhouse.
I really missed that feature when I had D* and would love to have it...however, most of our calls go to our cell phone now. So as the days go bye, I realize It would be a waste.
DCFan5
join:2008-11-15
Centreville, VA

DCFan5 to BlitzenZeus

to BlitzenZeus
said by BlitzenZeus:

The router/gateway, and stbs don't talk to the phone service which is on the ONT itself.
It all comes in on 1 cable. Making this happen doesn't sound that hard it's probably just a low priority item for Verizon.

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru

MVM

said by DCFan5:

It all comes in on 1 cable.
That's like saying you should be able to have TV on your POTS telephone, or a POTS phone call on your PC directly. Yeah they all come in on one cable, but they are very separate services.

MKII
@csfb.com

MKII to rifleman69

Anon

to rifleman69
Many posters say that they want the ability to turn it off, which is a fair request. But after you have had this feature for a while you will realize how convenient it is you will change your mind.
When the phone rings all you need to do is look at the tv, from anywhere in the room and you know who is calling, for who it is and if you want to answer it or not. And no, I do not have my phone attached to me with an umbilical cord so often first I have to search for the phone then establish it's not for me and then walk it over to my teens room and give it to them
Tom Harms
Premium Member
join:2008-11-28
Springfield, VA

Tom Harms to klipko

Premium Member

to klipko
Verizon Call Assistant is free.

Fireguyy
join:2006-10-01

Fireguyy to klipko

to klipko
This is already in the works...It will work with Fios digital voice
JohnA4
Premium Member
join:2003-09-16
Pittsburgh, PA

1 recommendation

JohnA4

Premium Member

The point these posters are making, is that call assistant can send it to your computer now. How hard can it be to send it to the STB.

docmarv
@verizon.net

docmarv to lets456

Anon

to lets456
i agree 100%. who uses landlines these days anyway.
im sure it will come to fios eventually but i sure can live without it as all my calls come thru my cell.
said by lets456:

said by R e a p e r:

I really missed that feature when I had D* and would love to have it...however, most of our calls go to our cell phone now. So as the days go bye, I realize It would be a waste.

incognito_2u
join:2005-03-15
Malverne, NY

incognito_2u to klipko

to klipko
Before I switched to FiOS, I had Dish.........to this day, every time the phone rings, I glance at the TV to see who it is!!!

Crazy, right?

Dr Pavlov would have a field day with me!

nascar
join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ

nascar to Fireguyy

to Fireguyy
This is good to hear. Hope it is true.
said by Fireguyy:

This is already in the works...It will work with Fios digital voice

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06
DSotM

rockotman to klipko

Premium Member

to klipko
Comcast kept telling me that it was "coming soon" to my area... I heard that for over a year.

Not that it would have kept me from switching.

It would be a nice feature. But it wpuld not be a major factor in swaying my choice one way or the other.