dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
lukeswits
join:2007-01-06

lukeswits

Want to Switch to Tekksavvy but have some doubts with DSL...

Right now I keep on knocking back and forth the idea of switching from Rogers to DSL because of the intense throttling i've been getting. But the problem is that when i did have DSL like 4 years ago I could only reach speeds up to 512kbps even when i was paying for a 5mbps service. My area couldnt support high DSL speeds so i was forced to use Rogers. I looked up my phone number on the bell website and it said that I'm eligable for the 2mbps or 6mbps service. But that's what they told me 4 years ago so I can't really trust them.

Is there any way to figure out what speeds ill be getting from tekksavvy before switching over? I just don't want to switch over to tekksavvy and be paying for 5mbps and only getting 1 or 2 mbps. Plus i have VOIP which just makes matters worse. And then i would have to go back to Rogers and pay all these extra installation fees.
camelot
join:2008-04-12
Whitby, ON

camelot

Ask the guys in the Direct forum for Teksavvy. They'll run some checks and tell you ballpark what you can expect.

evil_gusgus
join:2008-04-14
London, ON

evil_gusgus

If any of your neighbors have DSL it would be a good idea just to ask them what type of speeds they get.