uniqs
share rss forum feed

Fobulous
Premium
join:2002-08-14
Missouri City, TX

[Rant] Ebay buyers.

What's wrong with some eBay buyers???

They NEVER read the full description and they act all surprised when they get the item. I got one customer asking why is his item used when it's clearly stated in my listing as being used. wtf!?

Also, i kept getting potential buyers asking questions such as, "What color is it?" when the posting clearly states the color. I also love the ones asking if my background is up for sale or not!

The worst kind is the ones that tried to rip me off by claiming that he or she has never received the item! I usually shut them up pretty quick by giving them the tracking numbers..
--
After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager."
- William S. Burroughs

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3
Require signature verification along with your tracking, and insurance.

The worst ones are the ones that ignored your specifed method of payment, and restrictions, then try to tell you to ship it someplace you won't or take a method of payment you don't want to accept.

Craigslist, cash, and public places/bring a friend or two for me.

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west

1 recommendation

reply to Fobulous
Yes I know you mean about reading the description. I failed to read it and got burned. It was only for $15.00 but still my fault. I still gave the seller positive review. It was not his fault.
--
Caddy

the Grumble
Yep, I changed my name again -

join:2009-05-11
reply to Fobulous
What gets me is they buy an item then in their feedback they give a Negative because the shipping is high. Funny because they put in the bid knowing the cost.

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME
reply to Fobulous
[Require signature verification along with your tracking, and insurance.]

Very important. I even make the buyer pay for insurance--no choice.

Also, tracking numbers don't REALLY guarantee that the buyer received the package. It can be disputed so get a signature.

Remember, there are dirt bags in selling AND buying.
--
We miss you, dadkins.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
reply to Fobulous
said by Fobulous:

The worst kind is the ones that tried to rip me off by claiming that he or she has never received the item! I usually shut them up pretty quick by giving them the tracking numbers..
This part is mandatory to protect yourself under ebay and Paypal rules. No tracking number = you never sent it as far as ebay/paypal is concerned, you lose.
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini

hortnut
Huh?

join:2005-09-25
PNW
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Fobulous
Sometimes it is how ebay changes the layout of information. Last week I lost the powerblock to my laptop, left it on the bumper while loading up.

Without a lot of battery left and on the road, I was looking at a specific place for information but it had been moved to a column on the right [before it had been in the center]. Seller, best I can tell cant change this.

So I was in a hurry, but I still was able to read all the terms and got the part in 3 days.

I do not buy a lot, but I have always found info from the buyer to be clear and to the point. And I can see the idiots that do not read. I managed an independent garden center, and you would be surprised as to the questions I would get about plants and chemicals. The best one was with a tomato plant - the customer asked which way to plant it in the ground - top up or top down! Or the time they brought up a pond plant and asked if it would grow in a pond?!

You got a point.
--
Darn, its gettin that time to go to Wallymart to gits me picture taken agin.

TheHarvester
Premium
join:2006-08-25
Dana Point, CA
reply to Fobulous
said by Fobulous:

They NEVER read the full description and they act all surprised when they get the item. I got one customer asking why is his item used when it's clearly stated in my listing as being used. wtf!?

Also, i kept getting potential buyers asking questions such as, "What color is it?" when the posting clearly states the color. I also love the ones asking if my background is up for sale or not!

If you would put the full description (color, new or used, etc...) maybe they wouldn't have to ask stupid questions or question the product once received?
--
mbsastronomy.com

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by TheHarvester:

said by Fobulous:

If you would put the full description (color, new or used, etc...) maybe they wouldn't have to ask stupid questions or question the product once received?
"when it's clearly stated in my listing as being used"
"when the posting clearly states the color"
--
***ATMFAQ***DIFAQ***Kitchen Sink***

AMDUSER
Premium
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Fobulous
said by Fobulous:

They NEVER read the full description and they act all surprised when they get the item. I got one customer asking why is his item used when it's clearly stated in my listing as being used. wtf!?.."
I've had in my experience that the item was listed as brand new.. except when it arrived it was anything but. [Obviously used.. and too much hassle to return it-> thought about filing with IFCC: »www.ic3.gov/default.aspx . It was blatant fraud.]

TheHarvester
Premium
Dana Point, CA

1 recommendation

reply to tmpchaos
I saw those, just messing around. He was bitching about people NOT reading his description which begged for a reply of someone not reading his post.
--
mbsastronomy.com

Technogeez
Agape in amazement.
Premium
join:2007-01-20
said by TheHarvester:

I saw those, just messing around. He was bitching about people NOT reading his description which begged for a reply of someone not reading his post.
Well, then, why didn't you read his whole post!?!
--
Read your contract and TOS before signing anything.

TheHarvester
Premium
Dana Point, CA
To give him something else to bitch about.
--
mbsastronomy.com

joco23

join:2009-08-08
reply to Fobulous
I'm guilty of such charge. I got shocked when I got my bag from ebay and it had no handle. I was about to return it but when I rechecked the description page, it was written there so I'm stuck with this bag. I thought it was a good deal.
--
xanax2mg.com

Mr Neutron
Ceaseless, Tasteless, and Gormless
Premium
join:2005-05-30
Gorham, ME

1 recommendation

said by joco23:

I'm guilty of such charge. I got shocked when I got my bag from ebay and it had no handle. I was about to return it but when I rechecked the description page, it was written there so I'm stuck with this bag. I thought it was a good deal.
Sometimes, too, it's possible to blow through a description and "see what you want to see," especially if the item is something you really want to get. Not to mention the other dimension of eBay: someone may read an auction description in a hurry because the auction is due to end shortly.

In an ideal world, it would be nice if buyers could/would take the time necessary to thoroughly read and understand an item description. But the reason why people will never be fully replaced by machines is because machines aren't capable of making the same mistakes that people can.
--
Singing "O Willow Waly"
By the tree that weeps with me