Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Gemstone
Premium
join:2000-12-20
Long Island

[iO] No Data Available message?

Every night for the past week, after midnight, I get "No Data Available" when I hit the "INFO" button on the remote... The next morning the info is back again... Anyone else having this issue??
--
Go Mark Martin!

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

For the past couple of months actually, Cablevision has instead of updating their guide/pushing overnight updates between 3:30 AM to 4:00 AM, they now do it also around 12:06 AM as well.....annoying as hell.

Eebobb
Premium
join:2003-11-13
Floral Park, NY

Yea I am having the same issues here

MxxCon

join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Gemstone

same here
and it's really annoying since that's my 'prime time' for tv
and this is the only time when i have to load that painfully slow tvguide
--
Check out my awesome city of MxxTopia »mxxtopia.myminicity.com/ind or »mxxtopia.myminicity.com (the more people visit, the bigger it is)

pa prowler

join:2003-09-11
Matamoras, PA
reply to Gemstone

Same here. . . drives me out of my gourd as during the process the guide is virtually crippled, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. It's very slow to begin with under the best of circumstances.

Gemstone
Premium
Long Island
reply to kickass69

said by kickass69:

For the past couple of months actually, Cablevision has instead of updating their guide/pushing overnight updates between 3:30 AM to 4:00 AM, they now do it also around 12:06 AM as well.....annoying as hell.
That's a dumb time to do an update... It's prime time for many...
--
Go Mark Martin!

kickass69

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

I agree, there was no reason for them to add the 12:06 AM update for numerous reasons, they should just leave the 3:30 AM to 4 AM guide/box updates and just do it once when the least amount of people are awake.

Not sure what made them add that time right around midnight.

Jmartz

join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

said by kickass69:

Not sure what made them add that time right around midnight.
When I had my 4200HD box before getting my TiVo, I always had problems around midnight. Guide data would vanish completely and hitting the IO button usually ended up giving me a 5 minute "loading" screen with a huge IO logo on it.. and that was just to get to the menu. Cablevision should try to figure out a way to load data in the background. -- Tivo does it pretty well.

Eebobb
Premium
join:2003-11-13
Floral Park, NY

They really have to fix this crap and make the HD boxes load faster. Channels are slower when changing using the 4250HD than with the 4200 and it is easily noticeable and I agree the IO guide loads slow as hell too.

kickass69

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

The 4200 is actually how it should be in terms of how fast it is, the regular 4250 is a bit slower but not as bad as the 4200HD....which is horrid as Jmartz points out and worse than the 4250HD.

It's been said time and time again, the day Cablevision fesses up and realizes they need to update their IPG is when they're forced to by Verizon....which is now....but will wait until they start losing massive amounts of customers over it.

CVDispleased

@optonline.net
reply to Gemstone

Good to see I'm not the only one having this problem. Seems like every night lately, I get these stupid "No Data Available" messages and I'm getting pretty tired of it... tonight they started around midnight and as of now (2:15am) they're still on. Cablevision needs to realize that some of their customers actually watch beyond midnight (especially those of us who work evening or night shifts) and having all the program information vanish every night is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

M A R S
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Long Island
kudos:1
reply to Gemstone

same here..

kickass69

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Be prepared again between 3:30 and 4:00 AM they push the second update of the overnight and the guide info will be reset one more time.

kickass69

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Right at 3:40 AM

CableJack

@comcast.net
reply to Gemstone

Once the new IPG files have been broadcasted, you can force your box to gather the new files faster by bringing up the full guide / grid and it should say something to the affect of "Changing Date to xx/xx" automatically. Then you can press INFO to force the box to obtain the long descriptions.
Again, that only works if the IPG is being broadcasted, but it's faster than waiting for the box to gather it out of band, especially if you're watching TV after midnight.

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Gemstone

said by Gemstone:

Every night for the past week, after midnight, I get "No Data Available" when I hit the "INFO" button on the remote... The next morning the info is back again... Anyone else having this issue??
It's something that CV has recently been looking into, so I don't think it's intentional, but I don't have an ETA on completion.

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Gemstone

said by Gemstone:

Been happening for me for about a month. Very Very annoying. When I go into the guide it then freezes for a while, but seems to at least at this point pick up the data(it did not seem to get the data when the problem initially occurred). For a while it said no information available for most programs. Hopefully they will fix this since it is very annoying.
--
Warning, If you post nonsense and use misinformation and are here to argue based on those methods, you will be put on ignore.

Gemstone
Premium
Long Island

1 edit
reply to frdrizzt

5:50 in the afternoon and I get a "No Data Available" message!!

My bad... I hit the "iO" and "sel" buttons and the info came back...
--
Go Mark Martin!