uniqs

Solitude
Encrypt All Your Files
Premium Member
join:2000-04-29
New York

Solitude

Premium Member

Does Ultra Still Have That Ridiculous Activation Fee?

Do they still, or have they dropped it? I don't see any mention of it on optimumonline.com

RARPSL
join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY

RARPSL

said by Solitude:

Do they still, or have they dropped it? I don't see any mention of it on optimumonline.com
I think that until they are ready for Self-Install (ie: They hand you the modem at a Store Front and you plug it in at home) there will be a need for the fee since there needs to be a truck roll and work done at your home where they insure that your line can handle the speed.
csmcdem
join:2009-01-11
Marlboro, NJ

csmcdem to Solitude

to Solitude
(sadly) it's still there on »www.optimum.com/online/ultra.jsp (click See Optimum Online Ultra details.)

Shamayim
Premium Member
join:2002-09-23

Shamayim

Premium Member

One time professional installation fee of $34.95 ...
As opposed to an amateur installation fee?

... and $300 activation fee applies.
CV for whatever reason chose to ignore the proven advertising tenet that $299 goes down easier than $300.

OOL_ULtraUsr
@ipredate.net

OOL_ULtraUsr to Solitude

Anon

to Solitude
I hope it does. It keeps you away from it and allows me to download at full speed.

StreetSpirit
This spot reserved for Xenu.
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Roslyn, NY

1 recommendation

StreetSpirit

Premium Member

said by OOL_ULtraUsr :

I hope it does. It keeps you away from it and allows me to download at full speed.
That's a wonderful attitude to instill in users, "Me me me me me. Screw you, more for me me me."

I suppose it's the other side of the net-hog "argument". The net-biggot which is displayed for all to see.

--
Rgds,
Dave

Calendarman
Business Ultra user
join:2000-11-21
Mount Kisco, NY

Calendarman to Solitude

to Solitude
It is worth every penny! Ultra is CHEAP compared to anything else. It is working great for my business. It should be available to anyone that wants it, and uses it legally. The user above (OOL-Ultrauser) probably illegally downloads stuff and should not be permitted to use Ultra.
Expand your moderator at work

Solitude
Encrypt All Your Files
Premium Member
join:2000-04-29
New York

Solitude

Premium Member

Re: Does Ultra Still Have That Ridiculous Activation Fee?

Bummer.
csmcdem
join:2009-01-11
Marlboro, NJ

1 recommendation

csmcdem to Calendarman

to Calendarman
well look at his name it's at ipredate.net (The pirate bay's VPN service IPREDator)