share rss forum feed

obeythelaw
Premium
join:2003-04-16
Bayonne, NJ
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Am I missing something?

Are these people claiming that they don't like arbitration because they have legitimate problems or errors with billing, etc. but ATT (in this case, anyway), won't listen to them and so they have to go to arbitration and when they have all of their evidence they still lose in arbitration before a panel of arbitratators? Or are these people just miffed that they have to pay an ETF or something and want to sue ATT for it?

MyDogHsFleas
Premium
join:2007-08-15
Austin, TX
kudos:5
Exactly the right question.

You can't just arbitrarily declare that because most arbitration cases are decided for the business, that arbitration is "unfair" or "stacked". You have to actually look at the cases.

I strongly suspect that in most cases it's the consumer who's wrong. In my experience, if the business has actually made a mistake, and you have documentation, they own up to it and make it good. I suspect in a lot of these cases it's just the consumer stubbornly insisting they are right, even though they're not.

POB
Res Firma Mitescere Nescit
Premium
join:2003-02-13
Stepford, CA

1 recommendation

said by MyDogHsFleas:

[...] In my experience, if the business has actually made a mistake, and you have documentation, they own up to it and make it good. I suspect in a lot of these cases it's just the consumer stubbornly insisting they are right, even though they're not.
How nice it must be for you to speak for every American consumer who has ever been screwed over by Corporate America. Did you get your powers from a Magic 8-ball or are you just a corporate shill being paid by the word to post your propaganda here?
--
The Toll

Tracking Lord Stanley

runnoft
Premium
join:2003-10-14
Nags Head, NC
kudos:1
reply to MyDogHsFleas
In some cases, of course you're right. There are some crazy customers out there. But this is not true every time. All you have to do is read local newspapers in our area and read about the customers who write horror stories about AT&T ineptitude or misbehavior, and the consumer columnist sides with the customer and gets AT&T to reverse course. AT&T are Frequent Fliers in consumer problems and sometimes it is most definitely their fault.

MyDogHsFleas
Premium
join:2007-08-15
Austin, TX
kudos:5
reply to POB
said by POB:

said by MyDogHsFleas:

[...] In my experience, if the business has actually made a mistake, and you have documentation, they own up to it and make it good. I suspect in a lot of these cases it's just the consumer stubbornly insisting they are right, even though they're not.
How nice it must be for you to speak for every American consumer who has ever been screwed over by Corporate America. Did you get your powers from a Magic 8-ball or are you just a corporate shill being paid by the word to post your propaganda here?
Learn to read. I'll use capital letters this time because you obviously have difficulty with written words.

I was not pretending to speak for everybody.

"IN MY EXPERIENCE, if they've ACTUALLY MADE A MISTAKE, and YOU HAVE DOCUMENTATION....."

POB
Res Firma Mitescere Nescit
Premium
join:2003-02-13
Stepford, CA
Screaming at someone in person doesn't usually help when you fail to articulate and the online equivalent won't work here either, but thanks for demonstrating that you know how to use the caps key.

I was referring your statement:

said by MyDogHsFleas:

I suspect in a lot of these cases it's just the consumer stubbornly insisting they are right, even though they're not.
Regardless of documentation or lack thereof, the fact remains that in your very limited experience, you could not possibly speak for anyone who has ever had an issue with a corporate entity. Therefore, I suggest you practice what you preach and read carefully yourself before spouting off about it.
--
The Toll

Tracking Lord Stanley

sivran
Seamonkey's back
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX
reply to MyDogHsFleas
I guess this guy should've gone to arbitration? »Re: Suprised?

If he lost, would you still say arbitration is fair?
--
In dadkins' memory, Think outside the Fox...

sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
reply to runnoft
Yeah. Really a company should be bending over backwards to please their customers. That's what makes for a healthy customer-service provider relationship. When a company's goal is to provide a good product and please its customers *while also* making a profit, then you have a positive outcome for everyone. AT&T has a history of screwing over everyone they provide service to.