spc
uniqs

Raja_P
@apple.com

Raja_P to Hwnsista

Anon

to Hwnsista

Re: [Scam] Ebay Motors Scam

This time it is a Honda Odyssey. I got my payment instructions. I did a quick google search as the deal looked too good to be true. First link which connected to this forum gave me confirmation about the con artist. Thanks to this forum. For the benefit of others I am posting the emails from the scammer.

This con artist registered his eBay look alike domain just 4 days (08-06-2009) before getting me ready to send him money. Pretty slick..ha..
Here are the emails in the order I received.

This sender is DomainKeys verified
"Jason Peck, USAF Tech. Sgt."

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in my car.This is a 2005 Honda Odyssey EX, the Perfect family car, seats 8 comfortably, safe, comfortable, stylish and fun. The most practical and comfortable car on the road. This vehicle is fully loaded including 2 x DVD players w/ headphones, GPS, 6 CD changer, Back up video, rear sensors, inverter to plug in std AC games or computer, Satellite Radio, leather seats with heat, Ice cold AC, New tires, upgraded sound system, very clean interior, well maintained with all scheduled maintenance competed,clean title.

Mileage 67,825,VIN#: 5FNRL38755B051164.

Here you can find more pictures of the car:»s852.photobucket.com/alb ··· odyssey/
(if the above link does not work copy and paste it into a new web browser window).

The car has been well taken care of, always kept in the garage.Flawless exterior/interior condition,no scratches and no dents.It has never been involved in an accident.The engine starts and drives like new and the paint looks great.It comes with US clear title which will be signed and notorized in the buyer's name.Have all keys and manuals.

I'm an US Air Force Sgt. currently stationed in the United Kingdom.The car is here with me. It was bought in the US and shipped to Europe, but it was never permanently registered here, the car is still registered in the US.The car is for sale locally as well, but there are slim chances of this to happen. In order to be able to register this car here in the UK the buyer would have to pay very high import/custom taxes that will double the price. So I decided to sell the car back in the US.

The price is $4,900.00 including shipping from the UK to the US and delivery to your home address.

So if you decide to buy this car or need further information please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thank you
Jason Peck, USAF Tech. Sgt.

Hi,

I will have the car shipped from UK by an US Air Force cargo plane so there won't be any additional shipping costs. Also I will arrange for a truck to transport the car to your home address or, if you like, you can pick it up from the nearest airport in your area. The shipping will take 6-8 days, depending on your location.Shipping will be door to door,to your home address,somebody must be home when the car arrives to sign for the reception.The car will arrive with all the papers and documents required for registration and the keys. The clear title and the bill of sale will be already signed by me.

The payment will be done through eBay.You will send the money to eBay and as soon as the payment is confirmed they will notify me to proceed with the shipping. I will ship the car, you will receive it and you will have 5 days for inspection, both the car and the paperwork and the option to accept or reject the car.The inspection time period will begin as soon as you sign for receiving the car at your requested address.During all this time eBay will hold the money into a trust account.So, this is not a blind transaction,you can see the car before decided to buy it.If you are satisfied with the car and decide to keep it you inform eBay about this and they will release the money to me. If the car is not as advertised and decide not to keep it eBay will refund you the money, no questions asked, and shipping back the car will be my concern. I think this is more than fair for the both of us.Please take into consideration that I will get paid only after you receive the car and make sure everything is as agreed.

If you agree with these terms and you have the money, send me your full name and the address where you want the car to be delivered to and I will initiate the transaction with eBay. You will receive all the transaction details from them.

I will appreciate an answer as soon as possible.

Thank you

I've sent our details to ebay earlier today. Can you please check your email for the invoice, also look into your bulk folder too, sometimes messages get lost on there

Let me know

=================
"eBay Motors"

eBay Motors Purchase Invoice #36681045

• Invoice for VPP Transaction Case ID #54345681 between Jason Peck as the Seller and ******* as the Buyer.
• Please follow our instructions to complete the transaction safely.

Item Item Title Price

View Full Size Image

2005 Honda Odyssey EX

Price: $4,900.00

Payment must be submitted via MoneyGram Service to an eBay Motors Agent in charge of this transaction. The eBay Motors Agent will secure the payment until the Buyer receives, inspects and accepts the vehicle. Or, if it is the case, the Agent will refund the payment to the Buyer.

• Seller Information

Name:
Jason Peck
Address: 15 Fleet Street
London
EC4N 1TX
United Kingdom

• Buyer Information

Name:

• TRANSACTION DETAILS

Transaction Date:

Monday, August 10, 2009
Case ID:

Item Description:

2005 Honda Odyssey EX
Sale price:

$4,900.00
Quantity:

Shipping and handling:

Offered

Insurance:
Offered

Seller ships to:
*Please check the details for an accurate delivery in order to avoid delays

How to make payment

• Click below to find the nearest MoneyGram office

Find MoneyGram Agent Location

• Submit payment using eBay agent's details as payment details

• Send us the following information from the MoneyGram receipt:

• Reference Number
• Sender Name and Address
• Receiver Name and Address
• Amount Transferred

Fax the MoneyGram payment receipt to our Central Fax Number:

(858) 408-3555

*We strongly recommend that you confirm the payment by both e-mail and fax.

• HERE IS THE AGENT INFORMATION THAT YOU NEED TO SUBMIT THE PAYMENT :

• eBay Motors Agent:
First Name: Neil
Last Name: Parsley
Address: 64 High Street
City/State: Beckenham
Zip Code: BR3 1AG

*The MoneyGram Transfer will be sent using this name and address.
*The service you have to use from MoneyGram is a person to person transfer.

• Payment:
Invoice # : 36681045
Subtotal: US $4,900.00
Shipping: $0.00
Sales Tax: $0.00
Deposit: $0.00
Total: US $4,900.00
• When payment is received, it will be verified and secured into a non-interest bearing trust account. Payment verification process usually takes less than five (5) hours. After payment is secured, the Seller is authorized to ship merchandise. The seller has three (3) business days to send the buyer and eBay the tracking number of the shipment. If no tracking number is provided, a full refund is immediately sent to the buyer.

• Buyer receives the merchandise and has five (5) business days to inspect it.If it is complete and as described, the buyer should accept the merchandise. If he refuses the merchandise the Seller will be responsible of shipping back the vehicle.

• After the inspection period is over, the Buyer must contact eBay Motors Customer Support with the result of the inspection. If the buyer refuses the merchandise, the payment will be refunded to the Buyer. If the merchandise is accepted, eBay submits the payment directly to the Seller within three (3) business days.

Help

• For any questions please respond by replying to this invoice.Your email will go directly to our Customer Support Department.

Thank you for using eBay.

Sincerely
eBay Motors Financial Department
Vehicle Purchase Protection Program
This administrative email was sent to ***** from eBay Motors.

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k

Premium Member

LOL! He's supposedly sending it via military plane and truck, and then offers a tracking number! Gee, I guess UPS has nothing on military shippers.
MGD
MVM
join:2002-07-31

MGD

MVM

LOL, I was just thinking that, visualize a Honda Odyssey strapped down in the rear of a C5 with a White tag dangling form the left mirror with a 21 alpha numeric tracking number and barcode. Them Romos crack you up!, details scammer, details

Attention Raja_P you should send a heads up alert to MoneyGram and give them the drop account data along with a copy of the fake ebay invoice:

MoneyGram

• eBay Motors Agent:

First Name: Neil
Last Name: Parsley
Address: 64 High Street
City/State: Beckenham
Zip Code: BR3 1AG

They should flag the name and address in their system in case anyone else scammed attempts to send money to that drop, they will be notified up front.

I do not have an abuse address for MoneyGram handy, but I have notified them before of such scams and they did blacklist the drop info in their system.

MGD

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k to Raja_P

Premium Member

to Raja_P
I just google-mapped that High St. address, expecting to find a bar, and instead it's an optician's place (Dollond & Aitchison). Possibly one of scammers is an employee there.