spc
Search similar:

uniqs

the Grumble
Yep, I changed my name again -
join:2009-05-11

the Grumble to r81984

to r81984

Re: Do you know of a bank open on Sunday?

Did you ever checked to see if the ATM machines at the banks in those states do deposits? Or did you just go to them and take money and leave?
You never seen envelopes on them?

Expand your moderator at work

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall to r81984

MVM

to r81984

Re: Do you know of a bank open on Sunday?

said by r81984:

ATMs that take deposits are very rare.
Not rare at all.... ATMs in malls, airports, etc often don't take deposits and they're also not typically owned/operated by any normal (real ?) bank. To accept deposits, means someone has to go to the ATM daily and collect cash or checks and process them further.

ATMs that are in the parking lot of a bank or on the outside wall of the bank's building ALWAYS seem to take deposits. Remember too, banks are trying to charge customers to do *anything* with a human teller nowadays, almost as if they want to eliminate tellers (someday). They want customers to be able to do almost everything themselves, be it ATMs, online banking, and so on.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

2 edits

r81984

Premium Member

I am talking about bank branded ATMs not 3rd parties.

I have seen only two ATMs in my life that took deposits. One was for a credit union at my college.
If they had them I would definately use them.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

said by r81984:

I am talking about bank branded ATMs not 3rd parties.

I have seen only two ATMs in my life that took deposits. One was for a credit union at my college.
If they had them I would definately use them.
So are they...why in the world would you deposite something in a 3rd party ATM???

Again, everytime you post I am struck by the wtf factor....Every bank ATM I know of will allow you to deposit money in the ATM. Every one. I bank w/ 2 credit unions here in SC, my wife banks at Wachovia, and I used to use a collegiate bank downtown.

Again..every one of them took deposits.
Koil

1 recommendation

Koil to r81984

Premium Member

to r81984
said by r81984:

Traveled to even more places.
I once bought underwear in Indiana, New York and NC.

This is about as relevant as your statement above.

hortnut
Huh?
join:2005-09-25
PDX Metro

hortnut to Cromme

to Cromme
»www.usbank.com/ is open Sunday in many locations per website and at least in Oregon.

I managed a Independent Garden Center and we did daily deposits at Wells Fargo in the Night Deposit, 7 days a week after bank hours.

the Grumble
Yep, I changed my name again -
join:2009-05-11

the Grumble to Cromme

to Cromme
An envelope picture for you!

Jodokast96
Stupid people piss me off.
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
NJ

Jodokast96 to CoverIt

Premium Member

to CoverIt
said by CoverIt:

I find it kinda funny that Americans like TD. I never thought it would fly down there.
Don't know what it is they do up there that you thought wouldn't fly, but down here they bought out Commerce Bank. Other than name, logo, and color change, everything is still the same.
CoverIt
join:2009-08-07

CoverIt

Don't forget the big comfy chairs now too.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to Bobcat79

Premium Member

to Bobcat79
said by Bobcat79:
said by J E F F4:

Why is it that TD, based in Ontario, can open on Sunday in the US but not Canada? Though they do have the best hours, 8-8 M - F and 8 - 4 on Saturdays.
Because you Canadians have stupid laws. I don't know about Ontario, but stores in Quebec are closed even on holidays like Labor Day and New Year's Day. Here, they're open extra hours and have sales!
Back a few years ago stores weren't even open on Sundays. Most stores in Ontario are closed on the holidays, but any city that is considered 'tourist' can have their stores open. (pharmacies, inconvenience stores, gas bars, video stores, theatres and other 'amusements' are excepted from that rule)

Canada's big sale day is Boxing Day, and it's a paid holiday that Americans don't have...

POB
Res Firma Mitescere Nescit
Premium Member
join:2003-02-13
Stepford, CA

POB to Cromme

Premium Member

to Cromme
There are Wells Fargo branches in supermarkets (like Ralphs) that are open on Sunday for apx 5-6 hours.
Bobcat79
Premium Member
join:2001-02-04

Bobcat79 to J E F F4

Premium Member

to J E F F4
said by J E F F4:

Canada's big sale day is Boxing Day, and it's a paid holiday that Americans don't have...
Yeah, for a whole 4 hours. Stores here open at 6 AM or 7 AM on December 26.

And I get the entire week from Christmas to New Years Day as paid holidays.

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

said by Bobcat79:
said by J E F F4:

Yeah, for a whole 4 hours. Stores here open at 6 AM or 7 AM on December 26.

And I get the entire week from Christmas to New Years Day as paid holidays. (Now aren't I special!)
Fixed it for you.

But for those 4 hours it's totally crazy. Reminds me of the time I spent in the States. (the day after Thanksgiving)

I will say though, Americans are a little more crazy then Canadians when it comes to their special shopping days. Though wal-mart has taken some of the fun out by opening up at midnight on those holidays.

I am going back to New York in November for Black Friday. My hopes are that I will be trampled on, lose and eye, broken hip and my nuts stepped on - ummm (nah, no sir, I don't want that) then sue the store, win large, and live the American Dream and buy myself a house - that would be in sunny California - with a white picket fence, some American muscle car - maybe a Ford since they aren't going tits up yet ( and none of that crap cars from overseas ) and I can have all my friends over on the weekend for BBQ's and beer. Oh, and a babe - since I recanted about my jewels.

Damn, can I plan or what.

POB
Res Firma Mitescere Nescit
Premium Member
join:2003-02-13
Stepford, CA

1 recommendation

POB

Premium Member

said by J E F F4:

Damn, can I plan or what.
Or something. It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it. Do yourself a favor. Stay in Canada. Anyone who would willingly abandon national health care to live down here needs counseling.

wesm
Premium Member
join:1999-07-29
Seattle, WA

wesm to Cromme

Premium Member

to Cromme
Woodforest National Bank is in several Wal-Marts (as previously mentioned), and they have 24-hour branches in a few locations. You didn't specify where you are, but if you're in north Texas there's a 24-hour branch at IH-20 and Collins in Grand Prairie.

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to POB

Premium Member

to POB
Or something. It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it. Do yourself a favor. Stay in Canada. Anyone who would willingly abandon national health care to live down here needs counseling.
Wow...now that is a thread.

Our health care in Canada is good; a lot of Canadians don't always appreciate it. There is also a lot of misunderstanding in the US of what Canada has - and, there is misunderstanding in Canada of what the US has.

I just don't understand all the Canada bashing going on in the US when America is talking about health care reform. Right now, the US has a great opportunity of creating the best health care system in the world, a true two tier system, and they could show the world how it *should* be done. Everyone could have great health care, everyone would have health care, but the choice to 'jump the que' would be available too - if you had the $$$. But that ain't happening - fear has taken over.

As for me, I keep healthy and rarely see the doctor - then I thought about my sleep issues and the sleep clinic then I realized all the time I have spent there, the doctors and nurses and the rest of the crew, and I recall how I had to pay 50 cents for parking...so, I see your point.
huhh8
join:2009-07-31

huhh8 to Cromme

to Cromme
Really depends on your area where you reside. Not everyone's residential area is going to have the same answer for you. Only you alone can check by contacting banks in your area.

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

said by huhh8:

Really depends on your area where you reside. Not everyone's residential area is going to have the same answer for you. Only you alone can check by contacting banks in your area.
What do you mean? If a bank advertises they are open 7 days a week, why would it change depending on the area?
huhh8
join:2009-07-31

huhh8

Not all are open 7 days a week, unless they are in a Wal-mart, or Grocery store. There are some that are open limited hours on Sundays, for deposits & cash, but again not what I would put as Open for Full Services.

Ivybridge_I7
Cyber-Crime Researcher OpSec
Premium Member
join:2004-06-09
Daytona Beach, FL

Ivybridge_I7 to Maccawolf

Premium Member

to Maccawolf
said by Maccawolf:
said by Time:

Some banks here have branches inside grocery stores that are open on Sunday. One is a local bank owned by Zions, and the other are US Bank branches.
PNC is open in our supermarkets too,
PNC bank has a branch in Wilkes Barre Township Pa. that is open on Sunday.

This is the branch located on Highland Park Blvd.
mc5w
join:2002-06-14
Columbus, OH

mc5w to Cromme

to Cromme
Charter One Bank ( Ohio ) a.k.a. Citizens Bank ( Western Pennsylvania ) has branches that are open on Sundays and even some legal holidays. However, you may not be able to draw against a deposit until Tuesday morning for a Saturday or Sunday deposit or until Wednesday for a deposit that was made on a holiday weekend.

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL

pcdebb to Cromme

Premium Member

to Cromme
»www.bankatlantic.com/def ··· ult.html

Link8
join:2001-12-16
Davis, CA

1 recommendation

Link8 to Cromme

to Cromme
I've run into bank of america ATMs that deposited.. in the middle of the mall before. THAT WAS NEAT!

Really though, a lot of banks in supermarkets will be open on sundayS!

Jodokast96
Stupid people piss me off.
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
NJ

Jodokast96

Premium Member

Yup.
61999674 (banned)
Gotta Do What Ya Gotta Do
join:2000-09-02
Here

61999674 (banned) to dropshadow

to dropshadow
said by dropshadow:
said by r81984:

ATMs that take deposits are very rare.
I have been all over the US. I have lived in Washington, Texas, Louisiana, Indiana, and Florida. Traveled to even more places.
what?!? every bank ATM that i have ever been to in DFW takes deposits, including BoA, Chase/Wamu, Wells Fargo...Chase doesn't even require a deposit envelope when you deposit checks! You just put the check in and you even get a scanned image on your deposit receipt!

He lives is a small world and nothing exists outside of that world and makes a lot of subjective suppositions.
Every ATM I know of that is attached to a bank has deposit capabilities, some that are stand alone do, but never with an independent one(like at the quickie mart).

Making deposits at an ATM is not a good idea for loads of reasons.
Although you can make withdrawals at any ATM in the world you can't make deposits at any that don't belong to your bank.

Maccawolf
Premium Member
join:2001-02-20
Hillsdale, NJ

Maccawolf

Premium Member

Barely ever using an ATM in the first place, I have NEVER deposited money into them, nor have I ever used one that isn't attached to MY bank, so I can only speak to MY experiences. The ones I have used all take deposits. I don't look at the others, so I have never noticed whether or not they take deposits.

joako
Premium Member
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null

joako to CoverIt

Premium Member

to CoverIt
said by CoverIt:

I find it kinda funny that Americans like TD. I never thought it would fly down there.
I never knew they are Canadian... they really tried to hide it, just as the Royal Bank of Canada bought banks in the US and renamed them RBC.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

1 recommendation

Koil

Premium Member

said by joako:

said by CoverIt:

I never knew they are Canadian... they really tried to hide it, just as the Royal Bank of Canada bought banks in the US and renamed them RBC.
Cmon....really...can ya blame 'em?
CoverIt
join:2009-08-07

CoverIt

said by Koil:

said by joako:

said by CoverIt:

Cmon....really...can ya blame 'em?
I don't know why they would want to hide the fact that they are a stable bank. No canadian bank needed a bailout or has gone bankrupt.