r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

r81984 to the Grumble

Premium Member

to the Grumble

Re: Do you know of a bank open on Sunday?

said by the Grumble:

You can make deposits in most (bank) ATM machines.
Not true at all.

Anyways you just need to find a bank in a local grocery store. They usually are open on Sundays and late Saturdays.
I do this for Chase bank.

the Grumble
Yep, I changed my name again -
join:2009-05-11

the Grumble

said by r81984:

said by the Grumble:

You can make deposits in most (bank) ATM machines.
Not true at all.

How you do figure that?
All bank ATM machines where I live take deposits.
And I do believe I said, MOST bank ATM machines do, not all of them.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
Katy, TX

2 edits

r81984

Premium Member

ATMs that take deposits are very rare.
I have been all over the US. I have lived in Washington, Texas, Louisiana, Indiana, and Florida. Traveled to even more places.

skuv
@rr.com

skuv

Anon

said by r81984:

I have been all over the US. I have lived in Washington, Texas, Louisiana, Indiana, and Florida. Traveled to even more places.
Every ATM attached to a bank I have ever seen takes deposits.

They either have the envelopes available for you to put your deposit in, or they are the kind that scan the bills and checks and deposit the amount instantly.

Obviously, ATM's not attached to a physical bank would not have deposit capability, since someone from the bank is not able to open it everyday to get the deposits out.

dropshadow
join:2000-12-17
Frisco, TX

1 edit

dropshadow to r81984

to r81984
said by r81984:

what?!? every bank ATM that i have ever been to in DFW takes deposits, including BoA, Chase/Wamu, Wells Fargo...Chase doesn't even require a deposit envelope when you deposit checks! You just put the check in and you even get a scanned image on your deposit receipt!

Century Bank (Texas) used to be open 7 days a week. It was aquired December 2008 by Wells Fargo, and since then, they are no longer open on Sundays.

the Grumble
Yep, I changed my name again -
join:2009-05-11

the Grumble to r81984

to r81984
Did you ever checked to see if the ATM machines at the banks in those states do deposits? Or did you just go to them and take money and leave?
You never seen envelopes on them?

Expand your moderator at work

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall to r81984

MVM

to r81984

Re: Do you know of a bank open on Sunday?

said by r81984:

Not rare at all.... ATMs in malls, airports, etc often don't take deposits and they're also not typically owned/operated by any normal (real ?) bank. To accept deposits, means someone has to go to the ATM daily and collect cash or checks and process them further.

ATMs that are in the parking lot of a bank or on the outside wall of the bank's building ALWAYS seem to take deposits. Remember too, banks are trying to charge customers to do *anything* with a human teller nowadays, almost as if they want to eliminate tellers (someday). They want customers to be able to do almost everything themselves, be it ATMs, online banking, and so on.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
Katy, TX

2 edits

r81984

Premium Member

I am talking about bank branded ATMs not 3rd parties.

I have seen only two ATMs in my life that took deposits. One was for a credit union at my college.
If they had them I would definately use them.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

said by r81984:

I have seen only two ATMs in my life that took deposits. One was for a credit union at my college.
So are they...why in the world would you deposite something in a 3rd party ATM???

Again, everytime you post I am struck by the wtf factor....Every bank ATM I know of will allow you to deposit money in the ATM. Every one. I bank w/ 2 credit unions here in SC, my wife banks at Wachovia, and I used to use a collegiate bank downtown.

Again..every one of them took deposits.
Koil

1 recommendation

Koil to r81984

Premium Member

to r81984
said by r81984:

Traveled to even more places.
I once bought underwear in Indiana, New York and NC.

This is about as relevant as your statement above.
61999674 (banned)
Gotta Do What Ya Gotta Do
join:2000-09-02
Here

61999674 (banned) to dropshadow

to dropshadow
said by dropshadow:
said by r81984:

what?!? every bank ATM that i have ever been to in DFW takes deposits, including BoA, Chase/Wamu, Wells Fargo...Chase doesn't even require a deposit envelope when you deposit checks! You just put the check in and you even get a scanned image on your deposit receipt!

He lives is a small world and nothing exists outside of that world and makes a lot of subjective suppositions.
Every ATM I know of that is attached to a bank has deposit capabilities, some that are stand alone do, but never with an independent one(like at the quickie mart).

Making deposits at an ATM is not a good idea for loads of reasons.
Although you can make withdrawals at any ATM in the world you can't make deposits at any that don't belong to your bank.

Maccawolf
Premium Member
join:2001-02-20
Hillsdale, NJ

Maccawolf

Premium Member

Barely ever using an ATM in the first place, I have NEVER deposited money into them, nor have I ever used one that isn't attached to MY bank, so I can only speak to MY experiences. The ones I have used all take deposits. I don't look at the others, so I have never noticed whether or not they take deposits.

KE
@comcast.net

KE to r81984

Anon

to r81984
does anyone know of a chase bank in georgia thats open on sunday?

way2evil
Premium Member
join:2007-09-14
New York, NY

way2evil to r81984

Premium Member

to r81984
said by r81984:

Chase ATMs take cash deposit, and they count cash on the spot, as well as print a picture of the check you deposit on your receipt.