·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

1 recommendation

tschmidt to mouseferatu

MVM

to mouseferatu

Re: FairPoint Maine

I agree it is often good to get outside perspective to critique your operation. Have done it myself.

But the problems they are having are pretty basic service delivery problems. Seems like they have more productive ways to spend money. But if it works and they are successful I'm all for it.

/tom

mouseferatu
Too many cats, Too many mice
MVM
join:2004-03-16
Im not sure

mouseferatu

MVM

I wasn't saying that I believe that spending money on consultants is a good idea... just making the point that FP can buy some time and make excuses by bringing in outsiders. It helps legitimize their ineptitude in the eyes of some, anyway...

I don't believe for one minute that any amount of money spent on consultants will help what ails FP- as implied, I don't think that any sensible consultant would want to take it on.

The problems that we can see are likely the tip of the iceberg, and IMO they don't need an expensive outside source to tell them to begin by fixing those.

Consultants are very good at completely burying real issues in piles of paperwork that no one can understand, and can make the worst company look great. Bothers me, as I take a lot of pride in using honest methods and real algorithms when I work...

~Arel