All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tdouglas22
join:2001-09-25
Memphis, TN

tdouglas22

So is everyone calling and writting their representatives?

Because as long as we keep crying on this online forum and not sending anything out, this isn't going to help anything. Leters, phone calls and even email. Get on it.

hopeflicker
Capitalism breeds greed
Premium Member
join:2003-04-03
Long Beach, CA

hopeflicker

Premium Member

said by tdouglas22:

Leters, phone calls and even email. Get on it.
Does that ever help though? Maybe give them some $$$ and then you might get their attention.
tdouglas22
join:2001-09-25
Memphis, TN

tdouglas22

said by hopeflicker:

said by tdouglas22:

Letters, phone calls and even email. Get on it.
Does that ever help though? Maybe give them some $$$ and then you might get their attention.
It actually might if enough people did it. I'm not one to think that the opposite side is always a villain or even evil. But when all people do is complain about what's wrong and do nothing else... then nothing is going to happen. Seriously speaking.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to tdouglas22

Premium Member

to tdouglas22

Re: So is everyone calling and writing their representatives?

said by tdouglas22:

Because as long as we keep crying on this online forum and not sending anything out, this isn't going to help anything. Leters, phone calls and even email. Get on it.
I write, email, & call my congresscritters. But my interests lie in making sure my investments aren't degraded due to overzealous regulation.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008 to tdouglas22

Premium Member

to tdouglas22

Re: So is everyone calling and writting their representatives?

If anyone's noticed from the town hall fiascos, if you don't agree with the politicians you aren't listened to, you are just a paid for shill be the conservative party...

Which is funny since people who agree with this notion are doing it with no proof and have become shills for the democratic party...

hopeflicker
Capitalism breeds greed
Premium Member
Long Beach, CA

1 edit

1 recommendation

hopeflicker

Premium Member

said by Metatron2008:

If anyone's noticed from the town hall fiascos, if you don't agree with the politicians you aren't listened to, you are just a paid for shill be the conservative party...

Which is funny since people who agree with this notion are doing it with no proof and have become shills for the democratic party...
What i've noticed is that those that are most rude and yell over the politicians dont get listened to. oh well.

If you can't debate/discuss like a normal human then stay the fuck home.

NOCTech75
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA

2 recommendations

NOCTech75

Premium Member

said by hopeflicker:

said by Metatron2008:

What i've noticed is that those that are most rude and yell over the politicians dont get listened to. oh well.

You mean like this Rep who decided to take a phone call while one if her constituents was speaking? I mean wow this woman was so rude.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· hpzGO8RQ

hopeflicker
Capitalism breeds greed
Premium Member
Long Beach, CA

1 edit

hopeflicker

Premium Member

said by NOCTech75:
said by hopeflicker:
said by Metatron2008:

You mean like this Rep who decided to take a phone call while one if her constituents was speaking? I mean wow this woman was so rude.

(youtube clip)
that was rude also, but not as rude as people screaming at them.

NOCTech75
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA

NOCTech75

Premium Member

said by hopeflicker:

that was rude also, but not as rude as people screaming them.
Where the frack is this woman screaming at anyone? I don't see it.

hopeflicker
Capitalism breeds greed
Premium Member
Long Beach, CA

hopeflicker

Premium Member

"them" as in the congress people giving the town hall meetings.
jfd15
join:2008-01-07
West Sacramento, CA

1 edit

2 recommendations

jfd15 to Metatron2008

to Metatron2008
said by Metatron2008:

i think you supposed to bus them in and pay them a la ACORN or SEIU, then you have "legitimate" protestors or legitimate townhall....

it also helps if you have some signs/chants of "We demand healthcare reform NOW!!!!"
- translation: "We demand YOU pay for OUR healthcare NOW!!!"

Lark3po
Premium Member
join:2003-08-05
Madison, AL

Lark3po to hopeflicker

Premium Member

to hopeflicker
said by hopeflicker:

I would scream at them too if given the chance...
nasadude
join:2001-10-05
Rockville, MD

nasadude to FFH5

to FFH5

said by FFH5:

.... But my interests lie in making sure my investments aren't degraded due to overzealous regulation.
well, you must be absolutely ecstatic with the current status quo, as almost nothing is regulated if the corporate targets of the regulation don't want it.

Jim Kirk
Premium Member
join:2005-12-09

1 edit

Jim Kirk to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

said by tdouglas22:

I write, email, & call my congresscritters. But my interests lie in making sure my investments aren't degraded due to overzealous regulation.
Yeah, but you'll be dead in 10 or so years and the rest of us will be left with this crap.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
Netgear WNDR3700v2
Zoom 5341J

KrK to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
In other words, you're with the terrorists er, I mean, lobbyists who are fighting to keep the playing field un-leveled, to keep consumers from having many viable choices to monetize the profit margins of Telecom giants.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

1 edit

FFH5

Premium Member

said by KrK:

In other words, you're with the terrorists er, I mean, lobbyists who are fighting to keep the playing field un-leveled, to keep consumers from having many viable choices to monetize the profit margins of Telecom giants.

My telecom wireless mutual fund FWRLX is up 42% this year. What do your think?

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
Netgear WNDR3700v2
Zoom 5341J

KrK

Premium Member

said by FFH5:

My telecom wireless mutual fund FWRLX is up 42% this year. What do your think?
I think that, in a nutshell, is why America is doomed. When a society becomes too self-absorbed in their own self interests (and others be damned) then it ceases to be a society and collapses. I once heard it said "The love of Money is the root of all evil." ....

BTW TK I'm not picking on you or trying to sound personal. These comments are just general feelings. We have plenty of examples of people these days who act only in their own personal interests, so I'm not really aiming this at you personally.

hopeflicker
Capitalism breeds greed
Premium Member
Long Beach, CA

hopeflicker to Lark3po

Premium Member

to Lark3po

said by Lark3po:
said by hopeflicker:

I would scream at them too if given the chance...
yep! like a 7yr old would do.

rawgerz
The hell was that?
Premium Member
join:2004-10-03
Grove City, PA

rawgerz to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5

You'd make a dynamite politician
jfd15
join:2008-01-07
West Sacramento, CA

jfd15 to tdouglas22

to tdouglas22

i guess a better idea than "shouting down" your congressperson is to pretend/claim you're a doctor and in favor of obamacare(when it seems you're really studying to be a social worker on the 12-year Blutarsky plan) like this woman at a Sheila Jackson Lee townhall....

»blog.heritage.org/2009/0 ··· doctors/

for some reason Houston Chron reported on it when she seemed legit, now that shes a fraud i can find no link to any msm article...go figure..