spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Fox McCloud
Crazy like a fox.
join:2006-07-23

Fox McCloud

Problems in Western Ohio?

I'm getting incessant losses of sync here in Western Ohio at the moment; it goes down, then resyncs, goes down, then resyncs...you get the picture.

In any event, I powered off my modem and left it off for a bit, just to be sure whether or not it was line errors, but, nothing seems to effect it....my download speed, upload speed, and latency are all fine.
Fox McCloud

Fox McCloud

Things seem to be a bit more stable, for now...but I'd appreciate hearing from anyone else who experienced problems, in Ohio, during this night, as well.
Fox McCloud

Fox McCloud

Here it goes again...
Expand your moderator at work

RVAguy
Premium Member
join:2006-01-05
Richmond, VA

RVAguy to Fox McCloud

Premium Member

to Fox McCloud

Re: Problems in Western Ohio?

Any syncing issues are a local loop or dslam port/card issue. You won't be able to fix it yourself, unless the RJ11 phone cord or modem are to blame. As that has nothing to do with backhaul you normally won't find others with the same issue either, since dslams are generally limited to a ~3 mile radius.

Fox McCloud
Crazy like a fox.
join:2006-07-23

Fox McCloud

said by RVAguy:

Any syncing issues are a local loop or dslam port/card issue. You won't be able to fix it yourself, unless the RJ11 phone cord or modem are to blame. As that has nothing to do with backhaul you normally won't find others with the same issue either, since dslams are generally limited to a ~3 mile radius.
Ok, I suspected that; thanks for the information---no more pointless topics of "problems in Ohio?" if I'm losing sync.

Thanks again.