spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Gusto1
@myvzw.com

Gusto1

Anon

[Modem] Speedstream 5100a - Lost access code

A friend just gave me his old speedstream 5100 modem for me to use on my new AT&T service. However... it looks like the modem access code sticker came off the bottom... anybody know how I can reset this access code so that I can get into my modem?

Also, the AT&T rep was telling me that the IP address for the modem should be 192.168.0.1... but i couldn't access this from my mac or vista computers. Is there another address that is sometimes used?

Thanks in advance!

nwrickert
Mod
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL

nwrickert

Mod

If it is really a 5100a (with 4 lights), then I don't think there was an access code.

It was mostly used as a bridge, anyway. To access it at 192.168.0.1, you had to force an entry for it into your computer's ARP table.

Note that I never had a 5100a, so that is not from experience. But check the FAQ.

wayjac
MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy

wayjac to Gusto1

MVM

to Gusto1
said by Gusto1 :

However... it looks like the modem access code sticker came off the bottom... anybody know how I can reset this access code so that I can get into my modem?
The access code is on the big white sticker and on a smaller yellow sticker.
The modem has a page in its gui that will allow you to change the access code. Use the factory reset button to reset the modem that will allow full access to all pages until the modem initiates a PPPoE session

If the modem is a 5100a here's the faq for it
5100a Modem FAQ