uniqs

Gunga Din
Premium Member
join:2005-12-15
Bellmore, NY

Gunga Din

Premium Member

Problem with Voicepulse....

So far I have chatted with people all over the country, POTS, cable and voip. Most has been just fine however when calling a friend who has Voicepulse a few things happened:
Voice had some echo and the calls drop after talking for around
15 min to 1/2 hr. I have had problems in the past using callvantage with voicepulse as well.

PCInTech
keeping art alive since 1953
Premium Member
join:2004-06-07
Massena, NY

PCInTech

Premium Member

I have no such probs, unless somebody's w/ a weird ass provider.

Gunga Din
Premium Member
Bellmore, NY

Gunga Din

Premium Member

Are you calling AT&T a a weird ass provider? If I remember correctly you had to call VP and they did something to fix the CV problem. Don't make me have to come up there and smack you!

NY Tel
Premium Member
join:2004-04-09
Smithtown, NY

NY Tel to Gunga Din

Premium Member

to Gunga Din
said by Gunga Din:

So far I have chatted with people all over the country, POTS, cable and voip. Most has been just fine however when calling a friend who has Voicepulse a few things happened:
15 min to 1/2 hr. I have had problems in the past using callvantage with voicepulse as well.
My next door neighbor has Voicepulse. I am going to ask her if she is experiencing those problems you are describing and let you know.
Now I did recommend it to a colleague who lives in a suburb of LA and is on SBC DSL and she had a bad experience in that people complained their voices were choppy and almost unintelligible.
I'll let you know.....

Gunga Din
Premium Member
Bellmore, NY

Gunga Din

Premium Member

If I recall the problem between CV and VP was equipment not playing nice together. I was getting a fast busy signal sometimes and a small amount of noise when calling Joe/PCInTech See Profile who uses VP. He called someone at VP and they acknowledged the problem and got together with CV and fixed it.
44402812 (banned)
Hack The Planet
join:2006-08-28
Plattsburgh, NY

44402812 (banned) to NY Tel

to NY Tel
said by NY Tel:

said by Gunga Din:

My next door neighbor has Voicepulse. I am going to ask her if she is experiencing those problems you are describing and let you know.
Now I did recommend it to a colleague who lives in a suburb of LA and is on SBC DSL and she had a bad experience in that people complained their voices were choppy and almost unintelligible.
I'll let you know.....
I had problems with Voicepulse being choppy as well, if that is who you are referring to. For whatever reason PP is the only one who has provided me great support, best value for the money, and excellent reliability. The only problem I had with PP with a screwy HT502 but that is not their fault. Very rarely, once every couple of months I may get a dropped call or one that is garbled. Hey it is VoIp it happens no matter who you have. I have called Joe from my POTS line and have had a crappy connection on his end.

It is a personal decision to get VoIp and you have to ask yourself is the money you save plus any features you get extra outweigh the negatives?

Gunga Din
Premium Member
Bellmore, NY

Gunga Din

Premium Member

That may have been the case a few years ago but VOIP has come a long way. When I first got Callvantage it had some problems and within the first year they had corrected any problems. It was as solid as POTS in the end and I want the same now. I will give PP a big chance as I took the two year plan. I expect from them what they claim to be solid service with state of that art equipment But I will expect some glitches as they are a new and growing company. They claim to have quality equipment and I have faith in them so far. I don't use my phone much at all but it is important that my job is able to reach me 24/7 reliably and I have gotten two calls from work in the last two days that were inaudible garble and I had to call them back. I wish PP would pay some attention to our post here and answer what is posted, if I have to I will contact them directly in time, but they should pay mind to BBR as they use the Gold BBR logo on the PP website. If you are going to use BBR as a reference at least look and answer what what we post here.