Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-15
Mchenry, IL
kudos:3
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

4 edits

Questions/Inquiries regarding Pre-qualification for U-Verse

Due to several recent changes in policies and protocols, pre-qualifications requests for the short term cannot be worked through the AT&T Direct Forum. We apologies for the inconvenience this may cause everyone; however, there is still a process in place you may choose to use via Customer Service.

-----

To have your address checked you will need to call into the U-Verse Sales line:

1) Call 1-800-288-2020. When prompted, say: Order U-verse Service, for assistance.

2) When your are greeted by a Sales Agent please prompt them to validate (check) your address for U-Verse.

3) Once the agent puts in your information and returns a validation that says that U-Verse is not available, tell the agent that you would like to have a U-Verse Address Validation case submitted. If the agent you speak with is un-familiar with this process or says they do not handle such requests, politely ask to speak to a manager.

4) When the agent/manager is creating the case tell the agents you want the neighbors addresses that are showing available added to the notes of the case. Please be as concise and specific as you can be; the more information that your have can be helpful to getting to the root of the issue.

5) After the case is created ask for the ticket/case number; it will begin with the letter F and it will be a total of 9 characters. EX: F29000001

----

Our Address Valadations Group strives to work as quickly as possible, however, it may take a week, two, or sometimes three to get a response from the field depending on the area. You generally can call back in 10 days to get the status of your case.

Again, our apologies for the temporary
inconvenience this may cause;
-AT&T U-Verse Techs

SpacePro

join:2010-08-10
Trumbull, CT
Hi,

Thanks for your informative post. Please read my post "Bonded Pair is too much to ask for in ATT CONNECTICUT" dated Aug 9th and my post " Workable distance from VRAD with Pair bonding" dated Aug 10. Pehaps you can give me some guidance on how to proceed to get U-verse, if technically possible with a distance from the VRAD between 3700 and 4200 feet as measured by two different techs. My neighbor 500 feet closer to the VRAD gets full service.

Thanks in advance,

SpacePro
Expand your moderator at work

maartena
Elmo
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA
reply to gdm

Re: Questions/Inquiries regarding Pre-qualification for U-Verse

I have a problem with this....

I live in Orange, CA and I am in the process of purchasing a home. I currently do have an offer out on a short sale, but because they can take some time to process I am also making an offer on a regular sale.

I have entered both addresses into the U-Verse website, and neither come up as qualified.... but at the same time my direct neighbor of the place where I rent has U-Verse, and someone I know in the hood I am trying to buy in has it.

Come escrow, I don't want to submit an address verification or whatever, I just want to walk into a AT&T store, order U-Verse, and have someone install it a week later or so... just like I can with cable from TWC which I have now.

Why is ATT U-Verse so difficult to get, and why does an address in the MIDDLE of a well populated city have to be prequalified? I understand all about distance limitations, but I would imagine that if on a street of 20 house both a house on the one end and the other end qualify, that all of em do?

Am I missing something here?
--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

KookyMan

join:2001-09-09
Clio, MI
Maartena - Possible that each end is serviced from a different VRAD, possible that they attempted to install at your potential future address and had to jep the order due to signal levels, possible the address was just never greenlit. Any number of reasons.

I was green, but suffered the "jep due to line issues" and now am red, even though with pair bonding, I'm definitely back in the green. (Going through Pre-Qual, or in my case Re-Qual as we speak.)
--
I miss my dial-up modem... It was an error correcting modem... I seem to have so many typo's lately.....

tachycore

@swbell.net
reply to gdm
Called again today after 1 1/2 years to check if validation was even possible.

I find it absurd that for 3-4 YEARS and counting, U-Verse is still unavailable for my entire 77025 area in Houston. And I'm in the North Braeswood area, to boot. This is literally 5-10 minutes from the city center!!

A few streets north, it's available. Heck, the entire West U zip code just north of me has it. 4-5 blocks east, it's also available at a major apartment complex.

I'm far less interested in the TV service and more in the internet. Especially since additional family members have moved in and use a ton of streaming apps.

What on earth do I have to organize to even convince AT&T they're leaving a very large subdivision out to dry?

jonny4

join:2008-01-12
Spring, TX
reply to gdm
I called this number today and supposedly this number has changed to 1-888-722-9337 x942.

breese
Premium
join:2000-05-10
Arlington Heights, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·AT&T DSL Service
·AT&T Midwest
reply to gdm
I have checked for availability just about every month for over 2 years now. I have also checked the box to be contacted.

Never a word from anyone...
Boxes are up all over my area (down town area of Arlington Heights, Illinois).

What does it take to get the done in my area?
I have had my DSL line for Years!... While I have Elite DSL, is there a way to get more out of it while AT&T figures out Who Deserves U-Verse in my area....

gdm
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-15
Mchenry, IL
Just because you see boxes up doesn't mean they are live for service. Fastest ADSL is still 6/768.

Only thing you can do is call in or use the website.

Santa Ana

@tmriusa.com
reply to gdm
I received an email from AT&T monday that says "the wait is over" U-Verse is now available in my area. I go to the web site and it says i'm not qualified. Also, I logged in to pay my bill and had a splash screen/popup that said the same thing.

why does the marketing department think one thing and the pre-qual system think another.

LAME!

maartena
Elmo
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA
said by Santa Ana :

I received an email from AT&T monday that says "the wait is over" U-Verse is now available in my area. I go to the web site and it says i'm not qualified. Also, I logged in to pay my bill and had a splash screen/popup that said the same thing.

why does the marketing department think one thing and the pre-qual system think another.

LAME!
Oh it gets better! On my current rental address, it says that I cannot get u-verse... while my direct neighbor with whom I both share a WALL, and the UTILITY POLE from which the phone lines drop..... (one goes left, one goes right), had U-Verse TV and Internet installed about a year ago. (I am street number + #A, he is the same street number #B - basically a house divided in two)

I called them on it, and gave them all my information, and they were going to add my address. "Within 4 to 6 weeks". Right.

Well, of course that never happened. I gave up on it because I was planning to move anyway, which finally seems to be happening.... next month.

I just don't get it... my phone line comes from the same pole as my neighbor, yet my address is not available.?

Thanks, I now get "Get out lightning fast 6 Mbps DSL and DirecTV combo" fliers.... while less then 2 yards from the couch I am reading that from, on the other side of the wall, is someone with 12/1.5 internet and U-Verse.

Go figure.
--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

jsmithepa

join:2006-12-06
Burlingame, CA
It's called Corporate Bureaucracy people. Marketing/sales just run by their numbers, they reached so many people, got so many to sign-up, they are done. Whatever happens to the customer after that is another department(s) problem! Don't rely on the website, talk to a live person. These days, att.com is being watched by online helpers' popup, go ahead have them intervene.

snetnet

@snet.net
reply to gdm
As a fired Uverse tech from CT I can tell this about the technology. When Telco cables were run years ago they had what is called bridge tap. This is where a individual pair was split between more than one drop. A drop is what runs to an individuals premise after leaving a large cable on the street. This was done back when Party lines were available and as many as eight people were on the same pair. It was also done were they may have had reason to believe that they could sell more than one service so extra pairs were shared between neighbors but only used by one service. When you have bridge tap problems the signal travels out on an unused part of the cable and then reflects back creating interference similar to a ghost on old TVs. When phone lines were used for voice bridge tap was only a problem if the tap was very long. Another problem is load coils. If a pair had to run a very long distance a load coil was inserted in the pair to to counter act the capacitance that built up between the pairs. Unfortunately this prevents sending data over a pair that has load coils. Another problem is bonding. Because they AC power system has numerous grounds for safety a certain amount of the current flows through the earth. This current can induce itself into the phone system and create interference. If that was just a 60 hertz current it would probably insignificant. But because we now use electronic ballasts, switching power supplies and computers a significant part of the power contains harmonics multiples of the original 60hz like a musical instrument rather than a tuning fork. This also increases noise in the system.

anon1

@sbcglobal.net
reply to gdm
dont do it. I was going to cancel my att dsl and phone, when they talked me into uverse internet and phone. No equipment fees was the special deal going on, and only 14 a month for internet. The total was a 29 install fee, and 39 a month for phone and internet. Since Im on a strict budget, reason I was canceling to begin with, I agreed to it. Now, I get 100 equipment fee. Im on the phone with them right now, and they insist they cant remove the equipment fee. Now I even have the original order recorded where she tells me NO EQUIPMENT CHARGES. But they insist they are not willing to change it. Ive been on hold for 24 minutes waiting to talk to a manager, and still nothing. ATT are lying rotten SOBs . Dont waste your time or money.

Tri

@lvcbi.com
reply to gdm
Called the AT&T number. The rep (allegedly) filled out a request and told me I would hear back in 48 hours. I asked for the case number. She said, well, actually to get that she needs more info from me -- SSN + DOB. That didn't sounds right, so I asked to speak to a manager. She disappeared on hold for a while, and then came back and told me the manager was busy but told her that if ATT.com says there is no U-verse, there's nothing they can do, period.

This whole interaction sounded very fishy to me -- I think the rep was just blowing me off. I'll try again another time.

-T

chernobyl1

join:2010-09-26
Lansing, MI
I work for a reseller of Att U-Verse and I hear this all the time from friends and family that can't get U-Verse yet. It turns out that U-Verse deployment has slowed to a crawl in all but a few areas.

What I've been recommending to people is to check at this website When will Uverse Be Available in My Area often over the next few months as ATT rolls out the long-awaited pair bonding. Just a warning though, if you can't get it by June/July latest, you might as well go with another provider...

Madtown
Premium
join:2008-04-26
Madera, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by chernobyl1:

I work for a reseller of Att U-Verse and I hear this all the time from friends and family that can't get U-Verse yet. It turns out that U-Verse deployment has slowed to a crawl in all but a few areas.

What I've been recommending to people is to check at this website When will Uverse Be Available in My Area often over the next few months as ATT rolls out the long-awaited pair bonding. Just a warning though, if you can't get it by June/July latest, you might as well go with another provider...

Which mean some people would have to go with a more expensive service. More than often the other provider cost more.

BeefNugget

join:2011-05-26
Indianapolis, IN
reply to gdm

Re: Questions/Inquiries regarding Pre-qualification for U-Verse

I am confused sorry if this is on here somewhere i just joined, but the U-verse website says that I am not eligible, but I know i should be I live on the second story of a 2 story apartment and the site says im not eligible and neither is the apartment next to me but both downstairs ones are available. When I chatted with a person they said my problem was probably because the the spots in my area are full and i will have to wait till someone moves, but we had u-verse before then moved down the street (closer to phone lines) and tried to transfer u-verse but it has never been available here while all around me it is available. Will the first post help me thanks for any replies. Just the people on the chat seem really stupid and it seems like they don't even read what i type most of the time.

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
reply to gdm
Sorry to hear about your situation, but what you see above ground does not necessarily have any relation to how the UVerse network is being deployed. What you might consider an area to be serviced by a particular VSLAM may be service by 2 or more units. The result is that if you move across the street or to the other end of a city block, you might end up being in an area service by another VSLAM. So the customer service agent may be telling the truth, no service until someone else discontinues service.

pockypimp

join:2005-03-13
Montebello, CA
reply to gdm
Here's a problem I've run into. I live in a home with the home owner. The home owner has DSL through a alternate provider across ATT lines. I have a separate phone line with ATT DSL and I've applied for U-verse on my line and told that I can get it, but I cannot get U-verse installed unless the 2nd broadband connection is disconnected. The home has 3 separate phone lines, 2 for the homeowner and one is my own. I've asked a friend who is a U-verse installer and he says that regulatory rules should say that both broadband connections should be fine in the home but the U-verse system says otherwise. Anyone got any ideas?
--
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:9
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
Need to get AT&T's records updated to show an "Apartment/Unit 1" and "Apartment/Unit 2" at that address. At that point, you would then show in AT&T's system as two separate living spaces, and then would be able to order U-Verse in parallel with the home owner's service

As long as AT&T sees the address as a single service address/single living space, U-Verse will not be installed in parallel with existing 3rd party DSL services

pockypimp

join:2005-03-13
Montebello, CA
Unfortunately can't do that since it's a "single family" home. I'm going to pressure the other resident to just share my U-verse since I'm trying to get the 12mb line which would be about 4x faster than our 2 lines combined anyways.

jmperson89

join:2011-07-11

1 edit
reply to gdm
*removed post*

Posted in wrong forum

jmperson89

1 edit

jmperson89

1 edit
reply to jmperson89

Paralel

join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US
kudos:4
Your topographical distance estimate may, but most likely doesn't, say anything about your actual distance to the VRAD

bryn987

join:2009-01-13
Antioch, TN
reply to gdm
is this method only for people who should be able to get Uverse but can't because ATT's records are not correct? Or is this for anyone to use to try to get service?