share rss forum feed

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:2
reply to gdm

Re: Questions/Inquiries regarding Pre-qualification for U-Verse

Sorry to hear about your situation, but what you see above ground does not necessarily have any relation to how the UVerse network is being deployed. What you might consider an area to be serviced by a particular VSLAM may be service by 2 or more units. The result is that if you move across the street or to the other end of a city block, you might end up being in an area service by another VSLAM. So the customer service agent may be telling the truth, no service until someone else discontinues service.

pockypimp

join:2005-03-13
Montebello, CA
reply to gdm

Here's a problem I've run into. I live in a home with the home owner. The home owner has DSL through a alternate provider across ATT lines. I have a separate phone line with ATT DSL and I've applied for U-verse on my line and told that I can get it, but I cannot get U-verse installed unless the 2nd broadband connection is disconnected. The home has 3 separate phone lines, 2 for the homeowner and one is my own. I've asked a friend who is a U-verse installer and he says that regulatory rules should say that both broadband connections should be fine in the home but the U-verse system says otherwise. Anyone got any ideas?
--
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:9
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

Need to get AT&T's records updated to show an "Apartment/Unit 1" and "Apartment/Unit 2" at that address. At that point, you would then show in AT&T's system as two separate living spaces, and then would be able to order U-Verse in parallel with the home owner's service

As long as AT&T sees the address as a single service address/single living space, U-Verse will not be installed in parallel with existing 3rd party DSL services

pockypimp

join:2005-03-13
Montebello, CA

Unfortunately can't do that since it's a "single family" home. I'm going to pressure the other resident to just share my U-verse since I'm trying to get the 12mb line which would be about 4x faster than our 2 lines combined anyways.

jmperson89

join:2011-07-11

1 edit
reply to gdm

*removed post*

Posted in wrong forum

jmperson89

1 edit

jmperson89

1 edit
reply to jmperson89

Paralel

join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US
kudos:4

Your topographical distance estimate may, but most likely doesn't, say anything about your actual distance to the VRAD

bryn987

join:2009-01-13
Antioch, TN
reply to gdm

is this method only for people who should be able to get Uverse but can't because ATT's records are not correct? Or is this for anyone to use to try to get service?

Expand your moderator at work

DSLucky
Premium
join:2002-04-23
Maud, OK
reply to gdm

Re: Questions/Inquiries regarding Pre-qualification for U-Verse

On a lark, after being told that 74854 would not be able to get anything faster than 6000/608 for a long time, I called ATT to see if I could upgrade. Sales staff said I could get 18MBPS service! Ordered it, but it sucks to have to pay 99.00 for a Tech install, but I can get the 12 MBPS service with self-install.
Install date of Dec 19, waiting with bated breath for the install and the green sync lights.

On another note, I currently have DSL thru small business account to avoid caps. This new service is residential. Do I need to call and have the other service cancelled? Also, anyone know if the 18MBPS service has a higher cap than 250 GB?