Search similar:

uniqs

BillInWI
@att.net

BillInWI

Anon

broadband going nowhere

I sent this message to the FCC broadband.gov and the whitehouse.gov sites -

I'm a citizen, one of 3 households who live on a short drive in a wooded area which happens to be 600' off a public road, in a suburban neighborhood. We've been trying to get broadband for many years, but no one will help/service us.
Charter Cable provides service at the main road; however, after repeated request, they have said they will charge $5000 up front to extend cable service to my house. AT&T has a switching station within 2.5 miles of my house; however, they refuse to put DSL equipment into that switching station; therefore, they will not provide DSL. I've requested the ATT U-verse service, but they won't put that equipment in our service area. I've looked at satellite service, but it is very poor service, very expensive, and would require us to cut down a number of mature hardwood trees.

We are NOT in a rural area; we live within approx 2 miles of a Wal Mart! We are the masses that no one cares about & no one is studying; please help us. I would be glad to talk with anyone & document my many efforts to get broadband. We have dial-up, but to do anything other than e-mail, I must make a 5 mile trip to the library.

Studying is great, and I'm sure folks in Washington can spend $4.7B studying; but please actually do something, anything that actually delivers broadband to people who desperately want it and are willing to pay market prices for it, but are being refused it by the monopoly utilities who service our market area.