spc
Search similar:

uniqs

areoh
join:2001-11-10
Kansas City, MO

areoh

Re: Excessive use of bandwidth

Well, that's not true (at least not now or not in our area) according to my quick tests.

Please see »img195.imageshack.us/img ··· gemc.jpg

areoh

areoh

That was from my 10/1 being cut to 5/500, BTW.

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium Member
join:2006-04-14
Gautier, MS

Pashune

Premium Member

Maybe they refer to the non-monitoring period as the time in which they don't count the bandwidth you used total over the weekend or between the hours of 12am-12pm?
Pashune

Pashune

Premium Member

said by Pashune:

Maybe they refer to the non-monitoring period as the time in which they don't count the bandwidth you used total over the weekend or between the hours of 12am-12pm?
Can anyone truly confirm this?

areoh
Kansas City, MO

areoh

"Nope, we still monitor on weekends."

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium Member
Gautier, MS

Pashune

Premium Member

Weird. I have no log entries on my bandwidth records for the 25th or 26th of this month. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

liviorn
join:2009-06-21
Rio Rancho, NM

liviorn

yep, same here.

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium Member
Gautier, MS

Pashune

Premium Member

Has anyone passed the half-month limit yet with no warnings?

areoh
Kansas City, MO

areoh

You don't know of anyone?
"but I know a few people who have downloaded anywhere from 300-500 gb per month on a residential package from them WITHOUT account termination/phone calls."
»Trying To Decipher CableOne's New Caps [26] comments

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium Member
Gautier, MS

Pashune

Premium Member

said by areoh:

You don't know of anyone?
"but I know a few people who have downloaded anywhere from 300-500 gb per month on a residential package from them WITHOUT account termination/phone calls."
»Trying To Decipher CableOne's New Caps [26] comments
Yeah, but that was staying within the allotted half-month limit.

Either I'm having a really hard time trying to stay below the daily cap (Not even exceeding the daily threshold mind you), or there's something wrong with the bandwidth management table.

When I checked my usage for yesterday earlier today, I downloaded around 1,900 mb of data. I checked it again this evening and it's at 3,589 mb. What happened? I've already exceeded the 3 gb limit 7 times this month. My total download for the month so far is 54 gb; 58 gb if you include upload.

My wireless is secured with WPA and my computers are free of ad-ware, spyware, etc. not to mention they're all running Firefox with adblock. I download quite a bit now and then, but not hundreds of gb each month.

Just gotta hope CableOne doesn't kick me off.

liviorn
join:2009-06-21
Rio Rancho, NM

liviorn

said by Pashune:

When I checked my usage for yesterday earlier today, I downloaded around 1,900 mb of data. I checked it again this evening and it's at 3,589 mb. What happened? I've already exceeded the 3 gb limit 7 times this month.
Similar things here. For me yesterday was 8'th time according to their records, although if I'm looking at DUMeter stats, which never lies, it's only 5-th. I think CableOne started having problems on 4-th of this month, after that their stats all messed up for me.

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium Member
Gautier, MS

Pashune

Premium Member

Drats, it messed up my bandwidth records again! This time it was for the 15th of this month. How it magically went from 2,450 mb to 4,668 mb is a mystery to me.
Pashune

Pashune

Premium Member

If they keep screwing up like this, I could very well reach the 15-day limit. I'm already on my way to day 11.
jdjbuffalo
join:2004-01-17
Denver, CO

jdjbuffalo

said by Pashune:

If they keep screwing up like this, I could very well reach the 15-day limit. I'm already on my way to day 11.
Is this during their monitoring period (12pm-12am) or just during the entire day?

I know that you can push quite a lot through during their non-monitored time frames.

I'll have to take another look at my router logs but I've been averaging 150 - 200GB per month without a problem. I do most of my downloading during their non-monitoring time.

On average I exceed the 3GB daily limit about 7 times a month.
Zzabbo
join:2005-10-21
Joplin, MO

Zzabbo

I can safely say we pass the 3gb limit at least 4-5 days a week, and have done so for all of this year. We have yet to have any issues beyond the fact we get dropped to standard speed most nights on our 10/1 plan, no warnings or issues with excessive use.

I also just before posting went and paid my bill and found out that they are offering the Ultra service in my area as of today. $83 for 12/1.5, 11.5gb daily threshold. I had them upgrade me, we'll see how the new threshold works out.

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium Member
Gautier, MS

Pashune

Premium Member

Let us know how well powerboost works out for you as well.
Pashune

Pashune to jdjbuffalo

Premium Member

to jdjbuffalo
said by jdjbuffalo:
said by Pashune:

Is this during their monitoring period (12pm-12am) or just during the entire day?

I know that you can push quite a lot through during their non-monitored time frames.

I'll have to take another look at my router logs but I've been averaging 150 - 200GB per month without a problem. I do most of my downloading during their non-monitoring time.

On average I exceed the 3GB daily limit about 7 times a month.
I'm referring to the 3 gb daily limit on my 5 mb package. I exceed the 12pm-12am 2 gb (or however much it is) threshold about 6 or 7 times per month, sometimes a few more.
jdjbuffalo
Denver, CO

jdjbuffalo

said by Pashune:

I'm referring to the 3 gb daily limit on my 5 mb package. I exceed the 12pm-12am 2 gb (or however much it is) threshold about 6 or 7 times per month, sometimes a few more.
I have the same plan.

Exceeding the 3GB during the monitoring period (12pm-12am) should be fine as long as you don't do it for 15 or more days in a month.

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium Member
Gautier, MS

Pashune

Premium Member

said by jdjbuffalo:
said by Pashune:

I have the same plan.

Exceeding the 3GB during the monitoring period (12pm-12am) should be fine as long as you don't do it for 15 or more days in a month.
Ah, that's good to hear. Someone else confirmed the same thing a few weeks back. Are you going by what's in the AUP or from experience or.. from a customer rep.?

I guess I like to be too careful. Call me paranoid?
jdjbuffalo
Denver, CO

jdjbuffalo to Idaho Ho

to Idaho Ho
I'm going by the AUP and my own experience. The customer services rep I talked to haven't directly said as much but I did discuss with them that I was concerned with going over the cap too many times in a month. They took a look at my account. They said that I had nothing to worry about and I wasn't even close to triggering their system.

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium Member
Gautier, MS

Pashune

Premium Member

And you're pulling 150-200 GB per month?

Woah, I've got nothing to worry about. I might pull 100 GB in a month at the very most.

But with my new PC being built, that might change a bit.

Either way, thanks for the reply.