spc
Search similar:

uniqs
blendedfrog3
join:2009-08-16

1 edit

blendedfrog3

Cannot access the router portion of the uverse modem/router

When I first have the service installed I was able to access the router and get all my setting setup how I needed to. Meaning the wireless was secured how I wanted it, the firewall was port forwarded for my ps3, etc...

Now for the last week or so I cannot access the router using the address for it...192.168.1.254. I know that I never changed it. All it does is time out.

I have tried resetting it and I was able to access it for about 10 minutes although the pages loaded very slow. Also a lot of websites have been loading very slow or not at all. But doing a speed test shows I am getting the speed I should be along with a low ping time

Any thoughts or ideas what is going on? I just finished formatting my computer with win 7 and I need to re-setup for playon media server to the ps3.

gdm
MVM
join:2001-06-15
Mchenry, IL

gdm

MVM

Do you have any kind of software firewall? Have you rebooted the RG itself?

Your RG could be failing possibly.
blendedfrog3

blendedfrog3

I do use a software firewall but I know that isn't blocking it.

How do I reset the RG and why would it be failing?

ozzy6900
join:2005-01-11
West Haven, CT

1 edit

ozzy6900 to blendedfrog3

to blendedfrog3
Were you able to access the RG before going to Win 7 without a problem? (Hint - hint - hint!)
blendedfrog3

blendedfrog3

Oh yeah. I have had win 7 on my main machine sine the first beta. Meaning I have had it since before uverse was installed in the house.

I guess I mean to say is that nothing has changed in my actual computer setup, software or hardware, I just cannot access the router.
mibrnsurg
join:2003-07-28
Grosse Pointe, MI

mibrnsurg

If this is the release candidate for win 7 that you installed after having the betas, something could have changed in the RC from the betas causing the problem.

Chris
blendedfrog3

blendedfrog3

It's actually the rtm of win 7 (legit from ms connect). But why would win 7 prevent me from access the RG? Why would it only have started the last week or so?

MSeng

join:2000-07-13
Ork

1 edit

MSeng

It should have no bearing on accessing the router page. I've run Win7 itself from early beta to RTM without problems

You might want to check the settings in IE to make sure the alloted space for temporary internet files isn't too large. Likewise, you may want to clear the cache, reboot the machine and see if that resolves the problem.
blendedfrog3

blendedfrog3

I can up you on that. I don't use IE8 on win 7. I use firefox 3.5. Still doesn't on either browser.

I think it is actually a hardware issue
mmay149q
Premium Member
join:2009-03-05
Dallas, TX

mmay149q to blendedfrog3

Premium Member

to blendedfrog3
Hello, this is Matt with U-Verse Tier II Technical Support. I want to resolve your issue as quickly as possible. Please send me your account information by PM (private message) or to uversecare@att.com, could be a bad RG, or you could need to factory restore the RG (Push and hold the reset button on the back for 10 seconds) And then try again, if you want I can call you and we can walk through all of this. If that doesn't work we can always send out a tech to replace the RG.

Thanks, Matt

U-Verse Tier II Technical Support.
blendedfrog3

blendedfrog3

Matt,
Did a reset of the RG and everything seems to be working now. What would cause it to stop responding like that? Is this something I should be concerned about and have it switched out for a different one?
mmay149q
Premium Member
join:2009-03-05
Dallas, TX

mmay149q

Premium Member

said by blendedfrog3:

Matt,
Did a reset of the RG and everything seems to be working now. What would cause it to stop responding like that? Is this something I should be concerned about and have it switched out for a different one?
It could of just been a hiccup, depends on what settings you have enabled in the RG. For instance if you have full logging enabled, eventually you're going to run out of memory. But everything is made by man, so nothing is perfect. I wouldn't say have it swapped unless your constantly having issues with your services/accessing it. If you do need a dispatch though please feel free to e-mail us at uversecare@att.com and let us know. Include your billing account number, and a good call back number to reach you on, as well as a short but descriptive description of the problem, and we'd be more than happy to help you.

Thanks, Matt

U-Verse Tier II Technical Support.

ozzy6900
join:2005-01-11
West Haven, CT

ozzy6900 to blendedfrog3

to blendedfrog3
said by blendedfrog3:

Matt,
Welcome to the world of routers! You're escapade is not unusual, I run into it every few days and in this section of AT&T, we only use Cisco routers! Sometimes, the router becomes so overwhelmed with service actions that it just turns into a babbling idiot (kind of like I do by Friday afternoons!). As long as it only occasional and it comes right back after a reset, you are okay. If this happens several times within a month's period, get hold of Matt again and he'll send a Prem tech out to replace the RG.