Search similar:

uniqs

sydney078$
From Beneath You, It Devours
join:2001-06-10
Hurley, SD

sydney078$

Need help from someone who knows HTML

There is this guestbook that I love and want to use same format but cant figure out how:

Here it is »getstring.com/gb/gb.asp? ··· =kristee

I want to have the same type of boxes she has(where the comments go) but use different colors(already have HTML color codes). I am not sure what part of the HTML to copy when I view the source. I have tried, but always end up with her messages as well :0( I also have guest strings, but I am lost

Can someone help me get the code for those boxes so I can just modify the colors?
GaryK
Premium Member
join:2000-08-29
Miami, FL

GaryK

Premium Member

The URL indicates it's an Active Server Page (.asp). The code to process the guestbook submissions is not contained in the page. Well, at least not in the part of the page that's sent out as HTML. Basically, you can't do what you want to do. Sorry. If you like her guestbook why not find out who makes it and try to get your own copy?

sydney078$
join:2001-06-10
Hurley, SD

sydney078$

The code to make the guestbook shows up when you hit View Source. The reason for the asp it is b/c that is how the getstrings URL is.. Mine is at »getstring.com/gb/gba.asp ··· /gba.asp and you can view source there as well. I just dont know what part of the code I need to copy for what I am after without getting all of her messages as well.

I would email her but there isnt a email addy, I did leave message in book, but not sure if gbook owners actually check those out. Thought someone here might know

Wastelands
Premium Member
join:2001-11-10
Irving, TX

Wastelands to sydney078$

Premium Member

to sydney078$
The code that was used is:

This is the table for the whole entry.

<TABLE WIDTH=500 BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=center>
<tr bgcolor=#000000>
<td>

This is the table dividing the entry into two parts.

<table width=100% border=0 cellspacing=1 cellpadding=4>
<tr bgcolor=#C2FFA6>

This is the left column of the entry.

<td width=50% bgcolor=#E693C0 align="left" valign="top">
<font size=5><font color="#E8E8E8" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">

</td> End Column

This is the right column of the entry.

<td width=30% valign=top bgcolor=#E8E8E8 align="left">

</td> End Column
</tr>
</table> End Divided Table
</td>
</tr>
</table> End Outer Table

<p> Spacing Between Entries

sydney078$