imseanbrown
Premium Member
join:2005-12-20
New York, NY

imseanbrown to xyar

Premium Member

to xyar

Re: Our server room

whoa... i haven't seen an old HP Netserver in [seriously] 10 years... lemme guess... dual pentium pro 200?

i totally remember them weighing AT LEAST 100lbs+ fully loaded.

gheesh.... i think we still have a couple old ass proliant 7000's in our basement somewhere.... those too were easily 100+lbs...

you should send that picture to HP with the capition "still going...... and going.... and going....."

xyar
Premium Member
join:2001-06-21
Portland, OR

xyar

Premium Member

Actually, that particular one is a dual 180 P Pro It hadn't been rebooted since its OS was installed 5 years ago, I know because about a year after I started, it stopped responding so I rebooted and it booted right into the Linux setup - the install CD was still in the drive from years before so obviously it had never rebooted unattended and the guy in my position before me said he's never rebooted it... lol I'm gonna miss that guy. We have 2 or 3 more of those Netservers in storage, when I started they ran the network - one of them was the sole domain controller file/print server! I've upgraded a bit since then...
ccoelnslash
join:2009-07-07
Beaverton, OR

ccoelnslash to imseanbrown

to imseanbrown
I used to use HP netservers in my Linux Lab, those were rock solid machines..

I had a proliant 6000 me and a guy setup in class, and i had to DL the boot manager.. had wheels and was such a awsome server. I miss it dearly.

Im also interested whats in the tank..

and hello fellow PDX'er...

if you ever want to get rid of a netserver i would be glad to have one

xyar
Premium Member
join:2001-06-21
Portland, OR

xyar

Premium Member

This one will be retired soon, and we might still have two more across the street in storage, I will check and let you know.