spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

meatful

join:2009-08-20
Spring Valley, CA

Enhancement Shaman + Heirlooms, what to pick?

Hello everyone! I'm currently leveling a shaman(lvl20 atm), and am looking to fit her up with heirlooms. What is the best choice for enhancement? Should i go with Elements for shoulders + chest, or is another set better for me?

also, what is the best choice for weapon(s)? What enchants should i put on the heirloom recommendations?

Looking to have as fun a time as possible on this lvl 20 shammy, and i want to roll it in style w/great gear!

Thanks for the help!

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
should be some mail hunterish gear you could use.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2

1 edit
reply to meatful
For shoulders and chest, you should be going with the ones that have Agil, Stam, Int, and AP, since you want to go enhance. If you have plenty of badges/seals, go for the Reaper with Crusader enchant until you're 40, then switch to the two new one-handed maces that are 2.8 speed with Mongoose on both of them, since that's the level required for Dual Wield as a shaman.

meatful

join:2009-08-20
Spring Valley, CA
so i was looking at the list of heirlooms, and it appears that this item is what you are referring to:

Champion's Deathdealer Breastplate

however, on thottbot, it states:

Champion's Deathdealer Breastplate
Binds to account
Mail
0 - 0 Damage Speed 0.00
+35 Holy Resistance
Classes: Warrior, Hunter

So... it is apparent that this heirloom item is only usable by a warrior or hunter?? What then is the best heirloom for enhancement?

/scratches head

xenograffiti4

join:2009-06-19
Dallas, TX

1 edit
Wowhead doesn't show those class restrictions on the BoA chest.

And yes, once you can DW use Venerable Mass of McGowan x 2.

edit - If you have the means use the Bloodied Arcanite Reaper til 40. DW > 2H

Rorque

join:2009-01-27
reply to meatful
Excellent thread! Good luck with the shammie. I've just rolled an enhancement shaman as well and have her up to 27 at the moment. I also have access to an enchanter that makes it very nice. Check out Hotshamm on Medivh if interested. I've got the heirloom leather caster shoulders and the haste trinket. I plan to transfer a level 10 druid that I've got the heirloom leather dps chest and another haste trinket. When I get him on Medivh it all goes to the Shammie. Yes, the trinkets stack!

I keep a close eye on the AH for cheap blues and try to buy them. Enchants have been +100 mana to chest, armor kit on pants, strength to gloves, minor speed to boots (or stamina), agility to wrists, +50 armor to back, stamina to shield (I think).

Weapons choice has been a little of an experiment. I carry both a 2 hander and a 1 hander and shield. I have the +25 agility on the 2 hander and +15 agility on the one hander. In BGs I find myself switching between 1 and 2 handed weapons depending on my mood. I'm pretty tough to kill with the shield, but it takes awhile to beat stuff down. lol. The 2 hander does well against clothies as you would expect.

If you are going to pvp, you may want to stack a little more stamina than I have. I'm pretty competitive in the 20-29 bracket, but got owned in the 10-19. Hunters give me fits for some reason. One more pvp recommendation is to remove the heirloom bonus XP items while in the BGs. I believe they still grant the XP bonus in there.

Don69Fire
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Danville, WV
reply to meatful
Can you get more XP bonus now that there are more items with the 10% XP on kills and quests.

Grindz

@tpsgc.gc.ca
reply to meatful
If you were ask me, I'd say go with the ele/resto gear. If you plan on dual specing to level you can use 1 hierloom item for both specs. Whereas the enhancement gear is specific to that talent tree. Ele is a viable leveling spec despite what others may think about 'downtime'. You get mana shield at 20 now (i think, maybe lower) so that sovles that dilemma. Just my 2 cents, I'm sure whatever u pick will be fun.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!
reply to Don69Fire
said by Don69Fire:

Can you get more XP bonus now that there are more items with the 10% XP on kills and quests.
Yes, the +10% experience from both items stack.

Rorque

join:2009-01-27
reply to Grindz
said by Grindz :

If you were ask me, I'd say go with the ele/resto gear. If you plan on dual specing to level you can use 1 hierloom item for both specs. Whereas the enhancement gear is specific to that talent tree. Ele is a viable leveling spec despite what others may think about 'downtime'. You get mana shield at 20 now (i think, maybe lower) so that sovles that dilemma. Just my 2 cents, I'm sure whatever u pick will be fun.
Similar thought process for me. I took the caster shoulders and dps chest. Haste trinket was good for both specs at the lower levels.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!
said by Rorque:

said by Grindz :

Similar thought process for me. I took the caster shoulders and dps chest. Haste trinket was good for both specs at the lower levels.
To each their own. I was just providing info based on the fact that he wanted to go enhance.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to meatful
Make sure you get the mail gear for shammies and hunters. You can equip the heirloom mail to them and it will just downgrade to leather until you hit 40. You will still get the xp bonus and stats even at lvl 1 in the mail shoulders and chest. Same with pallys and warriors, buy the plate ones and save yourself the badges.