join:2008-01-06

1 edit

beachintech to fonzbear2000

Premium Member

to fonzbear2000

Re: Best 2-Way Splitter

said by fonzbear2000:
said by K Patterson:

Re-read the specs, please. It will not work for cable.
"for satellite and OTHER HIGH frequency use."

"Digital cable channels typically are allocated ABOVE 552 MHz" Source: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Di ··· al_cable

Also, the frequency of my cable modem downstream is 729 MHz.

So, even though the frequencies of cable TV and internet are below 1 GHz, they are still pretty high and I am willing to bet that the splitter would work for it just fine. I'm sure that it means UP TO 2 GHz max so as long as the signal is below 2 GHz, it would work.
fonz - that splitter is rated for 900-2050 MHz. That would completely cut out everything on cable.

Please be more careful when suggesting products to someone.

fonzbear2000
Premium Member
join:2005-08-09
Saint Paul, MN
·Verizon Wireless

fonzbear2000

Premium Member

said by beachintech:
said by fonzbear2000:
said by K Patterson:

Re-read the specs, please. It will not work for cable.
"for satellite and OTHER HIGH frequency use."

"Digital cable channels typically are allocated ABOVE 552 MHz" Source: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Di ··· al_cable

Also, the frequency of my cable modem downstream is 729 MHz.

So, even though the frequencies of cable TV and internet are below 1 GHz, they are still pretty high and I am willing to bet that the splitter would work for it just fine. I'm sure that it means UP TO 2 GHz max so as long as the signal is below 2 GHz, it would work.
fonz - that splitter is rated for 900-2050 MHz. That would completely cut out everything on cable.

Please be more careful when suggesting products to someone.
Oh, now I feel dumb. :embarrassed: I fixed the post with the link I gave.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech

Premium Member

So now you want this person to use a 4 way splitter with more attenuation and designed to pass satellite signals/power + possibly allow more noise into the system?

I think it would be better for the OP to use the Antronix splitter as posted by nerdburg or get one from the local comcast office. Antronix, Extreme Broadband, Commscope, etc. all make nice products for a CABLE system.