spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

thinkbig12

join:2009-08-25

Bell wireless router problem

Bell sent me this shitty wifi router%modem (which I didnt ask for) after I upgraded my internet connection. It is the 2701hg-g....

My problem is that... sometimes, when I type in a web adress and hit enter, the page will load for ever...I always need to hit again refresh and magically the page pops-up loaded..it happens constantly, this router has a slow response time or what?

I've got my linksys N-draft router but it gets interference with the bell router... is there a way to disable the wireless option on the bell router? or does bell also offer a non-wireless router?

Or does someone have an idea why my pages don't load fast and frequently needs 2-3 refreshes before it loads up?

Thanks, and srry for my english!!!!

mez

join:2004-06-29
Trois-Rivieres, QC

Do you have change the adresse of router ofr 192.168.0.1 and disable the firewall in the 2wire modem for router or place in dmz ?

thinkbig12

no? its still 192.168.2.1...

whats 2wire modem?

mez

join:2004-06-29
Trois-Rivieres, QC

Change your router adress for 192.168.0.1 and after permit dmz ofr this adreese in your modem 2 wire 192.168.2.1

Harleyguy3

join:2008-02-01
Waterdown, ON
reply to thinkbig12

Click for full size
Try this

thinkbig12

do I need to click on disable? but it will shut down the ethernet access too no?

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico

Yes, you need to click on the disable button (adjacent to the wireless network icon); the Ethernet port will remain functional. Only the wireless network (of this device) will be shut down.

Chances are both the Bell router and your WAP (wireless access point) are on the same channel which can cause interference, if your neighbour’s also have wireless networks on the same channel they to can create issues with your setup.

Not sure about what Bell sends out, there was a time when they would just send a replacement modem (usually of the same type) and reserved the wireless units for premium/network plan customers. It’s possible the wireless modems are now the norm for replacement units.

If you still have issues with the page loading problem you may need to provide more detail in your network setup. In the past this issue was mostly associated with Bell's DNS servers though I don't believe they are as bad as they once had been.

thinkbig12

reply to thinkbig12

thanks all of you!

but now I connected my linksys wrt300n and i run speedtest and I get around 5mbps, which is half what i'm suppose to get?? why is that? someone got an idea?

Workforhell

@dsl.bell.ca
reply to thinkbig12

You still on your old profile.

Just call the 310 SURF, to talk to a technician and ask him to change your profile to a faster one, and say that you got the 2WIRE, he will give you an ADSL2+ profile.

P.S. The profile, is the speed you will get in download and upload. Also set your mode betweed Fast and Interlaced.

Harleyguy3

join:2008-02-01
Waterdown, ON

I dont think so.
They may up your speed but you get what the equiptment is capable of providing.

thinkbig12

reply to Workforhell

I connected my pc thru wires to my pc, and I get a 10mbps... but wirelessly I get now 6,5 mbps..

I think its the router.. also I live near a cell tower and I have like 15 wifi connection next to me... so there might be some interference.. I will ask if they can up my speed? Can they lol?