Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
With the recent spat of classic cars photos in here, I thought I would put in my contribution. I am not sure if these are real or fake, but good nonetheless.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

1 edit

peterboro (banned)

The back of that vette in the first ad horny.
Edit: almost as much as one of my stangs.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0
#11 should get you a whack upside the head, but the rest are very good.

digitalfutur
Sees More Than Shown
Premium Member
join:2000-07-15
GTA

digitalfutur to peterboro

Premium Member

to peterboro
#1 and #11 are a natural fit, #9 is inglorious.
pat_lc2000
join:2006-02-04
Ottawa, ON

pat_lc2000 to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0
They don't write songs about Volvos, but there are some Volvos still running from when they built that car.

The Vette is still a shitty car.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by pat_lc2000:

They don't write songs about Volvos, but there are some Volvos still running from when they built that car.

hehehe...you're pretty funny.

there are plenty of vettes around from that era...and while i am not much a vette man myself (although, the 64 Vette is a sweet one), aside from the "banana vettes" of the 70's, the vette is still a very capable car, and affordable.
pat_lc2000
join:2006-02-04
Ottawa, ON

pat_lc2000 to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0
restored...the Volvos are original.

I admit I like the stingray. But the fact is they have done nothing to the Vette in almost 40 years. It needs a redesign and a face lift badly.
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

1 edit

vue666 (banned) to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0
Went to the A&W DUB Cruise-In in Woodside last week. I drove there in my 40 year old Vette. No probs keeping up with traffic... AND when I did arrive at the Cruise-In there was approx 800 other 20-60 year old Detroit iron. I can't recall if I saw a Volvo but there was a sweet Jaguar XKE...and a newer Lamborghini did show up as well....

Love those billboards DJ...!!!
vue666

1 edit

vue666 (banned) to pat_lc2000

to pat_lc2000
said by pat_lc2000:

I admit I like the stingray. But the fact is they have done nothing to the Vette in almost 40 years. It needs a redesign and a face lift badly.
A few of my friends have unrestored classic cars. One (Gary & Scott - father & son) have a 1960 Chevy Bel Air 4 door that was originally purchased as the family car. Still runs fine. Only thing that has been done to it is some fresh paint...No engine rebuilds..

Another friend (Dave) has a 1930's Dodge that has never had the engine torn down... And Ron has a sweet 63 1/2 Galaxie that is still wearing it's original paint & drivetrain...

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to pat_lc2000

Premium Member

to pat_lc2000
said by pat_lc2000:
that's weak at best...i am sure there are plenty of vettes in original condition, of course, they will be a fortune...there are probably a few original condition volvos as well, but i am sure most of them will be restored too...in fact, browse auto trader for volvo's from 1950-1970 and do the same for the vette...i can assure you that you will find a lot more vettes than you will volvo's (if you can even find any).
quote:

well, the small amount of credibility you did have went out the window right there...to say that the vette hasn't changed in 40 years is downright ridiculous.

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009 to pat_lc2000

to pat_lc2000
said by pat_lc2000:

But Vettes are so much fun. Volvos not so much. I think it's a Swedish thing.
vue666 (banned)

to dirtyjeffer0
said by dirtyjeffer0:

said by pat_lc2000:
that's weak at best...i am sure there are plenty of vettes in original condition, of course, they will be a fortune...there are probably a few original condition volvos as well, but i am sure most of them will be restored too...in fact, browse auto trader for volvo's from 1950-1970 and do the same for the vette...i can assure you that you will find a lot more vettes than you will volvo's (if you can even find any).
quote:

well, the small amount of credibility you did have went out the window right there...to say that the vette hasn't changed in 40 years is downright ridiculous.
Today's Corvette is so much more refined and technically superior to the early Corvettes..... Today's Corvette is actually the 6th generation of Corvette or C6 as referred to by Vette enthusiasts... C1 being the first gen Corvette...

C1 - 1953 to 1962
C2 - 1963 to 1967 (aka Sting Rays)
C3 - 1968 to 1982 (aka Stingrays - now one word)
C4 - 1984 to 1996
C5 - 1997 to 2004
C6 - 2005 to present

Note - There was no Corvette manufactured for public sale in 1983 as GM's retooling for the new C4 was completed late and instead of issuing a late 1983 model Corvette, GM opted to release an early 1984 model)...

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

you should show the differences between the best C1 model and the current ZR1 so pat_LC2000 can see HOW VASTLY different these two vehicles are (i know you will know all the differences, seeing as you own a vette yourself).

Reign
seXorcist
Premium Member
join:2003-05-05
Toronto, ON

Reign

Premium Member

Drove an ZR1 fast as hell.
vue666 (banned)

vue666 (banned)

Not too many cars can keep up with a ZR1 on the straights or in the corners....

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to Reign

Premium Member

to Reign
said by Reign:

Drove an ZR1 fast as hell.
your PS3 doesn't count.

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

1 edit

koira to pat_lc2000

Premium Member

to pat_lc2000
said by pat_lc2000:

I dont care for the corvette, and it still looks like the same vette year after year over the last 40 years. but you have to admit under the skin there's been a lot of go fast development.

Athough its a quality ride Volvo is still as boring as it ever was.

as for the ads they are nostalgic and all, will appeal mostly to the elders who can relate but wont sell a lot of their present line up. Those ads are just the roots of the mentality at GM of how they got so screwed up as they are today.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

don't get me wrong, i love Volvo's...the S60R is nice looking, and the new XC60 is pretty sweet too...i have a few friends who have older Volvo Wagons...they are great cars, but to say Vette's haven't changed in 40 years is rather silly.

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

koira to Mike2009

Premium Member

to Mike2009
said by Mike2009:
said by pat_lc2000:

But Vettes are so much fun. Volvos not so much. I think it's a Swedish thing.
Ya i suppose you can say the swedes dont need a car to substitute for inadequacy of their tool
vue666 (banned)

to dirtyjeffer0
Click for full size
Click for full size
I like the old Volvo 544's from the 1960's... I think they would make an excellent candidate for a very unique streetrod project...

I'm really a streetrodder at heart.... All they need is a small block Chevy stuffed under the hood... a slammed stance with some American Racing Torque Thrust mags....!!!!!

Hot damn...that maybe my next photoshop project for photoshopchop.com and renderosity.com

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to koira

Premium Member

to koira
said by koira:

Ya i suppose you can say the swedes dont need a car to substitute for inadequacy of their tool
ummm...you sure about that?

»www.koenigsegg.com/

BonezX
Basement Dweller
Premium Member
join:2004-04-13
Canada

BonezX to vue666

Premium Member

to vue666
said by vue666:

I like the old Volvo 544's from the 1960's... I think they would make an excellent candidate for a very unique streetrod project...

I'm really a streetrodder at heart.... All they need is a small block Chevy stuffed under the hood... a slammed stance with some American Racing Torque Thrust mags....!!!!!

Hot damn...that maybe my next photoshop project for photoshopchop.com and renderosity.com
i can't see buying anything that's named after a female bodypart :P

oh vue did you have a good cruse today, saw you on the circ just past Portland on the sheerwater side. hard to go un-noticed when your one of the only people with a C1 vette in NS :P
vue666 (banned)

vue666 (banned)

I stayed home tonight so that was probably my friend Pat in his 59 Corvette. A 59 & 60 are identical. Mine's candy apple red with white coves. Pat's is wine with white coves... I was there last week but was too tired today...

I have mag wheels and BFG TA tires. He has the period correct wide whitewall tires and Corvette correct hub caps...
vue666

1 edit

to dirtyjeffer0
Click for full size
Click for full size
A Koenig segg CCGT...

But I kind of prefer the 2010 Henneseey Camaro....

»www.fast-autos.net/vehic ··· _Camaro/

BonezX
Basement Dweller
Premium Member
join:2004-04-13
Canada

BonezX to vue666

Premium Member

to vue666
said by vue666:

I stayed home tonight so that was probably my friend Pat in his 59 Corvette. A 59 & 60 are identical. Mine's candy apple red with white coves. Pat's is wine with white coves... I was there last week but was too tired today...

I have mag wheels and BFG TA tires. He has the period correct wide whitewall tires and Corvette correct hub caps...
this was around 5 - 530 pm, so it wasn't that late, and it's hard for me to distinguish colours in a hurry during the day.
vue666 (banned)

2 edits

vue666 (banned)

Click for full size
Me & my 60 Vette
said by BonezX:

said by vue666:

this was around 5 - 530 pm, so it wasn't that late, and it's hard for me to distinguish colours in a hurry during the day.
If it was today... I was driving home from work in my 2000 Impala... at 5:00pm

Here's a photo of me driving home from the A&W Dub Cruise-In in Woodside, August 20th....(last week)... Photo was taken by my friend Greg who owns a sweet '65 Pontiac GTO painted Porsche red...

I hope to be at the car show on Sunday at Exhibition Park with my Vette but it looks like the weather my co-operate...
vue666

vue666 (banned) to BonezX

to BonezX
said by BonezX:

said by vue666:

Did you make it to Exhibition Park on Sunday? If you are ever at a car show and I'm there... Please introduce yourself... That goes for any other Canchatters...

Cheers & take care...

V666