join:2004-02-16
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

1 edit
reply to pat_lc2000

Re: New Chevy Billboard Ads

said by pat_lc2000:

restored...the Volvos are original.

I admit I like the stingray. But the fact is they have done nothing to the Vette in almost 40 years. It needs a redesign and a face lift badly.
I dont care for the corvette, and it still looks like the same vette year after year over the last 40 years. but you have to admit under the skin there's been a lot of go fast development.

Athough its a quality ride Volvo is still as boring as it ever was.

as for the ads they are nostalgic and all, will appeal mostly to the elders who can relate but wont sell a lot of their present line up. Those ads are just the roots of the mentality at GM of how they got so screwed up as they are today.
--
“I just want to say that I'm plain grateful that I didn't break my neck," he said. “In truth, after thousands of live shows, falling off the edge four times ain't too bad." Steven Tyler

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
don't get me wrong, i love Volvo's...the S60R is nice looking, and the new XC60 is pretty sweet too...i have a few friends who have older Volvo Wagons...they are great cars, but to say Vette's haven't changed in 40 years is rather silly.
--
Today's motto: Dearly beloved, We are gathered here today to bid farewell to personal responsibility and accountability.

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
kudos:1
Click for full size
Click for full size
I like the old Volvo 544's from the 1960's... I think they would make an excellent candidate for a very unique streetrod project...

I'm really a streetrodder at heart.... All they need is a small block Chevy stuffed under the hood... a slammed stance with some American Racing Torque Thrust mags....!!!!!

Hot damn...that maybe my next photoshop project for photoshopchop.com and renderosity.com

BonezX
Basement Dweller
Premium
join:2004-04-13
Canada
said by vue666:

I like the old Volvo 544's from the 1960's... I think they would make an excellent candidate for a very unique streetrod project...

I'm really a streetrodder at heart.... All they need is a small block Chevy stuffed under the hood... a slammed stance with some American Racing Torque Thrust mags....!!!!!

Hot damn...that maybe my next photoshop project for photoshopchop.com and renderosity.com
i can't see buying anything that's named after a female bodypart :P

oh vue did you have a good cruse today, saw you on the circ just past Portland on the sheerwater side. hard to go un-noticed when your one of the only people with a C1 vette in NS :P

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS
I stayed home tonight so that was probably my friend Pat in his 59 Corvette. A 59 & 60 are identical. Mine's candy apple red with white coves. Pat's is wine with white coves... I was there last week but was too tired today...

I have mag wheels and BFG TA tires. He has the period correct wide whitewall tires and Corvette correct hub caps...

BonezX
Basement Dweller
Premium
join:2004-04-13
Canada
said by vue666:

I stayed home tonight so that was probably my friend Pat in his 59 Corvette. A 59 & 60 are identical. Mine's candy apple red with white coves. Pat's is wine with white coves... I was there last week but was too tired today...

I have mag wheels and BFG TA tires. He has the period correct wide whitewall tires and Corvette correct hub caps...
this was around 5 - 530 pm, so it wasn't that late, and it's hard for me to distinguish colours in a hurry during the day.

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS

2 edits
Click for full size
Me & my 60 Vette
said by BonezX:

said by vue666:

this was around 5 - 530 pm, so it wasn't that late, and it's hard for me to distinguish colours in a hurry during the day.
If it was today... I was driving home from work in my 2000 Impala... at 5:00pm

Here's a photo of me driving home from the A&W Dub Cruise-In in Woodside, August 20th....(last week)... Photo was taken by my friend Greg who owns a sweet '65 Pontiac GTO painted Porsche red...

I hope to be at the car show on Sunday at Exhibition Park with my Vette but it looks like the weather my co-operate...

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to BonezX
said by BonezX:

said by vue666:

Did you make it to Exhibition Park on Sunday? If you are ever at a car show and I'm there... Please introduce yourself... That goes for any other Canchatters...

Cheers & take care...

V666