All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
jaminus
join:2004-10-14
Arlington, VA

jaminus to ajc18

to ajc18

Re: It's time to shut down UseNet anyway.

Yeah, you tell 'em, there's nothing good on Usenet. Not worth anybody paying any attention to it whatsoever...

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

maartena

Premium Member

There is plenty of good on usenet. It all becomes a question of costs/benefits, since probably only 2% of internet users actually know what usenet is..... and probably only half of them actually using it, it's just a money pit for most ISP's.

No one is leaving ISP's (anymore) due to the lack of usenet, because most of them have actually already cut it.

All the TEXT groups you can get through a variety of free usenet servers and Google groups.... and for BINARIES you can get a 3d party subscription, which can cost you as little as $3 for a pre-paid block of data if all you want is a few non-warez binaries now and then.
zod5000
join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC

zod5000 to jaminus

to jaminus
said by jaminus:

Yeah, you tell 'em, there's nothing good on Usenet. Not worth anybody paying any attention to it whatsoever...
I agree, there's nothing to see on usenet, everyone ignore and pretend its not there

sporkme
drop the crantini and move it, sister
MVM
join:2000-07-01
Morristown, NJ

sporkme to jaminus

MVM

to jaminus
said by jaminus:

Mad Men S03E03 an hour after it airs at 30Mb/s. Totally useless.
MeKuN
join:2004-07-21
Eugene, OR

MeKuN to zod5000

to zod5000
Newsgroups does suck . Let just it ignore it maybe it will go away. The weather was beautiful today, how about those bears.

richdelb
Go Hawks Go
Premium Member
join:2003-01-22
Algonquin, IL

richdelb

Premium Member

Yea, nothing on those Usenet inter-tubes at all. Hey, was that a balloon I just saw go by... It looked JUST like Elvis.

Opticwonders
Premium Member
join:2009-03-31
united state

Opticwonders to maartena

Premium Member

to maartena
I disagree. I love my Thundernews usenet subscription. And at about $20 a month, you can't go wrong.

tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium Member
join:2001-03-28
Saint Louis, MO

tiger72 to sporkme

Premium Member

to sporkme
said by sporkme:
said by jaminus:

Mad Men S03E03 an hour after it airs at 30Mb/s. Totally useless.
sshhhhh. there's nothing to see on usenet.
Rojo31
join:2009-04-14
New York, NY

Rojo31 to zod5000

to zod5000
I'll go you one better. It doesn't even exist!
Move along noobs, nothing to see there.