Search similar:

uniqs
NLiveris
join:2001-11-25
Chicago, IL

2 edits

NLiveris

[Other] RCN Credit Card Payment Options

I had problems with my online account access/login 2 years ago and spoke to several people in billing and the online services department. It was quite a hassle.

In the end, I had to create an entirely new account for online account management.

Coincidentally, today I noticed I finally received an email saying my paperless bill is ready. It's the first time I've actually received the email. AND, the new design of the account management looks much nicer and more modern. But, it's rather sad RCN still doesn't accept credit cards.
mlabate
join:2007-09-03
Bangor, PA

mlabate

Re: [Connectivity] my rcn account log in problems

I just signed up for a new account three months ago and I am on credit card auto payment, just fill out the form they send you for auto pay. Just check each month to make sure they bill you right and you are good to go.
NLiveris
join:2001-11-25
Chicago, IL

NLiveris

Click for full size
I don't see anything relating to credit cards in the auto pay enrollment area....

rcbrcb
Premium Member
join:2007-02-21

rcbrcb

Premium Member

The only way to do Auto-Pay is using a checking or savings account....RCN does nto take CC from their website, which is a TOTAL JOKE, IMHO. The only way to use a CC to pay a RCN bill is to use the automated phone system AND pay a $3.50 service charge!
mlabate
Bangor, PA

1 edit

mlabate

I just moved - my parents kept RCN and I signed up for a new account.

And here is my latest bill (see attachment) from RCN from my credit card statement, when you switch to credit card they make you wait one month.

$150 total =
$65 for first month (July)
$65 for second month (August)
$20 for installation.

After that charge, it will be $65 for each month separate.

Believe me now?
coopertwist6
join:2004-09-16
Chicago, IL

coopertwist6 to NLiveris

to NLiveris

Re: [Other] RCN Credit Card Payment Options

Click for full size
Here is the back of my statement I used to enroll.

rcbrcb
Premium Member
join:2007-02-21

rcbrcb

Premium Member

Good to know....I have been told repeately by the RCN Call Center clowns that using a checking or savings account is the only way to setup auto pay. Thanks for the info

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone

lilhurricane

Numquam oblita

said by rcbrcb:

Good to know....I have been told repeately by the RCN Call Center clowns that using a checking or savings account is the only way to setup auto pay. Thanks for the info
And I've heard it echoed here for a long while.
Thanks for the updated info, guys. I'll add this into the FAQ
mlabate
Bangor, PA

1 edit

mlabate

Just remember, they delay the first month, then charge you for the delayed month, then the actual month.
coopertwist6
join:2004-09-16
Chicago, IL

coopertwist6 to NLiveris

to NLiveris
In my situation, I paid the bill that came, filled the back out sent it in with the check. When the next bill printed it said autopay and I was billed for that one about 20 days later. If you just send that remittance in without any payment your going to get a larger charge 2 months because it says it takes 3-4weeks to process.

I just enrolled in June. My statment shows the check payment for June then shows 0.00 bal and then Aug charges and the due date and Autopay.
mlabate
Bangor, PA

mlabate

That works, I just don't like using checks at all. So far, after having a checking account for 5 years, I have only used 31 checks.
nycityny
Premium Member
join:2005-08-09
New York, NY

nycityny to NLiveris

Premium Member

to NLiveris
While I use autopay for some companies I would never use it for RCN. Their billing department is prone to make mistakes and it is usually difficult to get them resolved. With autopay one loses any leverage to get them to cooperate as they already have the money (not that one has much leverage with them anyway - they can just turn off the service). I would hate for them to have money that I knew they were not entitled to have.
mlabate
Bangor, PA

mlabate

I may be wrong, but your online account shows your the total that will be charged before it actually does it.

Plus, I only have Internet, no taxes/fees/or anything else. Its simple to see if it is wrong or not
nycityny
Premium Member
join:2005-08-09
New York, NY

nycityny

Premium Member

said by mlabate:

I may be wrong, but your online account shows your the total that will be charged before it actually does it.

Plus, I only have Internet, no taxes/fees/or anything else. Its simple to see if it is wrong or not
It's simple to see if it is wrong but not so simple to get it fixed before you are charged.

When your services are constant the chance of an incorrect bill is less of an issue (unless there is a price increase). It is when you make a change to your services that the first few bills are wrong most of the time. In that instance I would not want autopay.

tigrzeye
Royal Security Svcs.
Premium Member
join:2007-07-18
LehighValley

tigrzeye

Premium Member

Better solution is how AT&T wireless payments are made. They notifiy me when payment and bill information is due. I can then review bill charges on line. Payments can be made to credit card on date YOU want to pay it. As long as before payment due date of course.

This way you can make sure bill is right or have it corrected first. Then pay when you opt too.

Amazing it's like we're in the 21st century or something...