uniqs

Cora
join:2008-06-25
New York, NY

Cora

How to copy and Keep Animation

Hello Everyone,

These are so great!

I have seen some of these avatars in other forums.

If I wanted to use one of these in an email, how do I copy and paste them so that they retain the animation?

I have received emails with animations. Some of these emails have been forwarded 1,000 times and are filled with senders and recipient's names and e-addresses. I usually clean them up before sending them on.

I have discovered after removing all the names and e-addresses and forwarding the email, instead of the original animation, my recipients receive a blank box or a box with a red x. This has also happened with pictures.

Cora

Willy
Premium Member
join:2000-09-24
USA

Willy

Premium Member

It would depend on the email program you use but it's something like this.
When you click on "From File" a box will open.
Select the GIF file you want an click OK.
That should do it.

Cora
New York, NY

Cora

Hi Willy,

Thank you for responding.

I understand that part, but first I must copy the animation from somewhere else, i.e., this community then put it in a file. For example:

I request and receive permission to use an animated picture.
I copy the picture into my picture file.
I insert the picture from my picture file into my email.

It is when I copy the animated picture from its original source that I lose the animation. Even if I attempt to Save As, I lose the animation.

Its also the same if I delete many of the names in an email with an animation, primarily those closest to the animation. Its as if I also delete a code of the animation.

By the way, I cannot figure it out, but I like your avitar.

CCat
We're all quite mad here
MVM
join:2005-12-06
Wonderland

1 recommendation

CCat

MVM

If its an animation make sure you're saving it as a .gif file.

Willy
Premium Member
join:2000-09-24
USA

1 recommendation

Willy to Cora

Premium Member

to Cora
You may loose the animation in an email.
For some reason when you right click on an animated GIF in an email, the only option is to save it as a bitmap file "untitled.bmp" and you loose the animation.

That's not true all of the time or with all email programs but it happens a lot and I don't know why.

That's not the case with an animation you find online.
Right click on and image, "Save Image as" (It should be something.GIF) and that's it.

Try it here, right click, Save image as" it should be boldyellow.gif and put it on your desktop.
Click on it on your desktop. It should be animated, is it?
Expand your moderator at work

Cora
New York, NY

Cora to Willy

to Willy

Re: How to copy and Keep Animation

Hello,

I played around with the above animation using different email services. I discovered Live Mail, my default email service, only has 2 options: attachment and add photo. Neither of these options will result in an animation correctly placed within the document.

The "add photo" results in a still picture. And of course, attachment also results in a still picture which opens in Windows Gallery.

However, Gmail has an "insert" option which results in the animation being correctly placed within the document.

I thank you all for your assistances,

Cora