All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

yoyomhz
join:2003-02-15
Beverly Hills, CA

yoyomhz

How many weeks will it take to pay for a New Cube, .....

I want to buy a Cube,
and haul apples to Vancouver's Granville Island Market.

If I can haul 4,000 apples in the Cube (40 boxes@ 100 apples/box)

and I can sell each apple for $1.00
(I only get paid $.28 per apple now)

How many trips to Vancouver will it take, for me to earn $20,000 to pay for the Cube?

Snickerdo3
Premium Member
join:2001-02-28
Niagara Falls, ON

Snickerdo3

Premium Member

Never took grade five math, eh?

yoyomhz
Beverly Hills, CA

yoyomhz

Nope.

yoyomhz

yoyomhz

If I sell 4,000 apples per week,

for five weeks,

I will have $20,000 for a new Cube.

That's not bad.

Would people pay $1.00/apple if it's organic?

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

for one, people won't pay $1/apple.

secondly, how much does 4000 apples weight??...i would imagine that 40 cases of 100 apples is going to exceed the maximum payload for that vehicle, especially considering it just has a little four cylinder engine in it.
dirtyjeffer0

dirtyjeffer0 to yoyomhz

Premium Member

to yoyomhz
said by yoyomhz:

If I sell 4,000 apples per week,

for five weeks,

I will have $20,000 for a new Cube.

That's not bad.
no you won't...you need to pay income tax on those earnings...you should have about $13,000 left over after paying your taxes...don't forget about the cost of the loan, insurance, gasoline, etc.

yoyomhz
Beverly Hills, CA

yoyomhz

OK then.

If people pay $2.50/lb. ($1.00/apple) at Capers and Choices for organic apples but they won't pay that to me, selling from my Cube,
then I won't do it.

I won't buy a Cube then.

Rougemont
@mc.videotron.ca

Rougemont to yoyomhz

Anon

to yoyomhz
No.
I'd go to an apple farm in the area and buy the 5$ bag, pick them myself, and have fun with the kids. It's more apples than a family of 4 can eat in a week for 5$.

Probably comes to 20-cents an apple or a bit less. Why would I pay you a dollar for 1 apple?

Besides we all know if its not an apple RougeMont, it isn't too great of an apple anyhow.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to yoyomhz

Premium Member

to yoyomhz
why not simply take a few cases to the market, in the vehicle you already own, and see if they will pay it...if 2.5 apples equals one pound, then 4000 apples would weight about 1600 pounds. You can't put 1600 pounds in the back of a Cube...in fact, about the only vehicle worthy of that kind of weight is a pickup truck (for example, a Ford F150 has a payload capacity of over 3000 pounds and a towing capacity of over 11,000 pounds, when properly equipped of course).
Riplin
join:2002-05-13
canada

Riplin to yoyomhz

to yoyomhz
Much better margin on weed, and you'd pay that toaster in no time

Mark
I stand with my feet
join:2009-07-11
Canada

Mark to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0
said by dirtyjeffer0:

Just bought 4 apples and paid $2.58 at the local Metro. $1.59/lbs for non organic so while I agree it is madness to pay that much unless they go on sale or are available in 5lbs bags, $1 per apple is closer to truth than I would like to see.

LEAFS_SUCK
join:2008-09-07
Toronto, ON

LEAFS_SUCK to yoyomhz

to yoyomhz
rent a 5 ton and fill it up!!!

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by LEAFS_SUCK:

rent a 5 ton and fill it up!!!
you don't need something that big...an F150 (which you can rent) would do the trick just fine.
dirtyjeffer0

dirtyjeffer0 to Mark

Premium Member

to Mark
said by Mark:
said by dirtyjeffer0:

Just bought 4 apples and paid $2.58 at the local Metro. $1.59/lbs for non organic so while I agree it is madness to pay that much unless they go on sale or are available in 5lbs bags, $1 per apple is closer to truth than I would like to see.
you basically paid 64.5 cents/apple...that is 35% less...and while organic applies may cost more (in reality, they shouldn't), they should also be well priced because they are sold at a "Farmers Market"...since they have little overhead to sell them there, the savings is supposed to be passed on to the consumer...otherwise, why bother going to the market when you can simply get them at the grocery store.