Search similar:

uniqs
alanisrox69
join:2005-03-29

3 edits

alanisrox69

[DVR] Firmware Update LHV -- DCT 6416 box = dead

Thanks RCN!

Apparently a firmware update was sent at 2am. Box went into 'dl' mode. When it was done the LED screen flashed "EF", then "FP", then rebooted. The LED screen just showed a channel number "10". Black screen on my TV. Phillipines call center got it to display picture, but still there is no software per say. No info, no guide, no list, just the channel number in the LED.

Any ideas?

-Derek-
alanisrox69

alanisrox69

Re: [DVR] Firmware Update at 2am -- DCT 6416 box = dead

Looks like it's getting further. There's a time on the LED.

Will report in the morning.

tigrzeye
Royal Security Svcs.
Premium Member
join:2007-07-18
LehighValley

tigrzeye

Premium Member

Yep ... same thing here!! I fell asleep and woke up to find no clock displayed. Thought box had died as there was no audio or video output to the TV when I tried it. Tried unplug and replug of power and nothing changed. Assumed an update was in process. All fine this morning.
quattrog
join:2009-03-20
Northampton, PA

quattrog

Yes, also saw the same thing here in Northampton. But mine happened about 12:30am last Friday night.
alanisrox69
join:2005-03-29

alanisrox69

Re: [DVR] Firmware Update LHV -- DCT 6416 box = dead

Quick lookover before work and it seems to be working...will know for sure tonight.

tigrzeye
Royal Security Svcs.
Premium Member
join:2007-07-18
LehighValley

tigrzeye

Premium Member

Obviously not complaining that they did an update, but since there is the capability to send messages to customers via the STB's it would be nice to know when these events occur so you don't go pulling wires and rebooting equipment thinking it is a problem on your end.
cattlesnake
Premium Member
join:2002-05-29
Northampton, PA

cattlesnake

Premium Member

Years past, they were pretty good about posting planned outages or upgrades during maintenance windows on the status site. Those were fun times.

Sadly, it seems to have been crushed as well.