uniqs
share rss forum feed

bigfitch
Premium
join:2005-06-01
Aurora, IL

1 recommendation

Still to late

MMS support can be obtained with a simple config file sent to your iphone in ITunes. Took around a whole 10 minutes.

I wish I could get away with lies and cheating people like them.

»www.iphonehacks.com/2009/06/hack···-30.html

There ya go.

Bypass the main man and have it now
--
Proud host of Crunchenstein #4.

--------------------------------

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4
said by bigfitch:

MMS support can be obtained with a simple config file sent to your iphone in ITunes. Took around a whole 10 minutes.

I wish I could get away with lies and cheating people like them.

»www.iphonehacks.com/2009/06/hack···-30.html

There ya go.

Bypass the main man and have it now
Works briefly, but since devices are ID'ed by IMEI numbers it is soon disabled. Tethering still works though...
--
"So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage? »www.venganza.org

fcisler
Premium
join:2004-06-14
Riverhead, NY
Really? I've had mine enabled for a month and it hasn't stopped working yet...I've also not heard one person say theirs stopped working either.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
Putnam, CT
Tethering works, but when I would try to send a picture it would get almost to the end but then would error. After rebooting the phone the option to MMS would disappear entirely.

fcisler
Premium
join:2004-06-14
Riverhead, NY
So your basing AT&T disabling peoples on your experience? Did you do the sim swap to enable mms? Doesn't sound like you did.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
Putnam, CT
Yes, I used my wife's old LG phone. I am not the only one that has experienced this.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
Putnam, CT

1 edit
reply to fcisler
said by fcisler:

Really? I've had mine enabled for a month and it hasn't stopped working yet...I've also not heard one person say theirs stopped working either.
Here was something else interesting that happened this morning. I went to turn on tethering, no problem but noticed that the blue bar did not come on. Checked again, the option was gone.

I reloaded the IPCC again, saw the option was available, and went to enable it. A pop up box came up saying "To enable internet tethering, contact AT&T". So something funky is going on.
--
"So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage? »www.venganza.org